New Ultimates

What is with Loeb's Middle-earth obsession? If you're going to set the Ultimates in Middle-earth, then make them the Avengers, not the Ultimates. The Ultimates belong in the real world. Jeebus.

EDIT: Right Goodwill, so I think we're all thinking the same thing here.

I'm sure someone like Grant Morrison could make it work, just not Loeb.

Plus its hard to say the Ultimates existed in the real world, when it featured Alien Nazis.

I think the biggest problem here is it features Valkyrie, who is a complete Mary Sue.

It's just that whole, "What's the difference between The Ultimate Marvels and the 616 Marvels?"

At first, the difference was clear. Now, there is no difference, except Ultimate Marvel feels like an unofficial official fanfic. :/

Is this what happened to Ultimates 4? Because this looks a lot like it.

Where did the Ultimates 4 thread go anyway?

Plus its hard to say the Ultimates existed in the real world, when it featured Alien Nazis.

Back then it was acceptable because:

a) They were the first aliens to be introduced in the Ultimate universe at that time, so it didn't seem as farfetched (eventually we started getting alien invasions every other week)

and

b) Mark Millar at least tried to make them realistic

So if this is set eight months later, why is New York still in ruins? Hmmm Jeph Loeb, you noob

Oh, hey, look. The Brain Tumor. At least Loeb's writing has improved since Ultimatum. The characters are readable now, and his Tony isn't awful. And he seems to be moving away from Grifter Hawkeye, at least in terms of personality. I was almost enjoying that preview until the Defenders showed up, and then it got lame, fast.

And wasn't Son of Satan a SHIELD plant?

So if this is set eight months later, why is New York still in ruins? Hmmm Jeph Loeb, you noob

I think it would take a lot longer than 8 months to fix all that.

And oh, look, the Defenders have powers now. :neutral:

I think it would take a lot longer than 8 months to fix all that.

Agreed, however in Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, which is set 6 months later, everything seem's to be fixed. I swear they said continuity would be tighter in the new ultimates line.

Agreed, however in Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, which is set 6 months later, everything seem's to be fixed. I swear they said continuity would be tighter in the new ultimates line.

Ah - I missed that because I'm not really reading USM. Nice.

Not to sound like I'm making excuses for them...but maybe certain areas are fixed and some aren't? I don't know.

It probably doesn't take as long to fix when you can contract out Stark Industries and his massive amount of technology.

To be fair, other than the small, and explianable continuity error. The preview was an okay read.

It probably doesn't take as long to fix when you can contract out Stark Industries and his massive amount of technology.

He's (nearly) broke though, and it's reasonable to assume he wouldn't have the money or resources to pull off a project this big.

I heard that Tony Stark visits Jeph Loeb's son in the cancer ward in #1.

Jeph Loeb is so bad I don't even know if this is true or not. Did anyone read it?

I heard that Tony Stark visits Jeph Loeb's son in the cancer ward in #1.

Jeph Loeb is so bad I don't even know if this is true or not. Did anyone read it?

I heard Ultimate Tony Stark came and visited Jeph Loeb's son in the cancer ward.

Then Ultimate Thor comes in and heals him miraculously.

Then the Ultimate Beyonder shows up and turns him into Ultimate Daken.

But I'm not sure if that's true. I haven't read it.

At my LCS I randomly opened to a page that had Cap saying "Get off my roof" I cracked because I believe this is an Air Force One "reference"

Latest posts

Back