New USM sketches from Immonen!

Ultxon

This ought to put some of you guys in some good USM moods:

345562140_13e3836bc8.jpg

http://www.immonen.ca/news/archives/255

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. I haven't really been paying attention to USM news lately, but is Immonen being put on the title? (please...)

If so...:rockon:

Very nice. :) Did that remind you of Borat, or what?

Anyway, love what I see... Just sad that stories aren't improved any by the art.

Eh, I'm not impressed. Of course, they're only sketches, so I'll wait to see the finished product of his version of Spider-Man before I let loose any complaints. Does anyone know if he's done art on any 616 Spider-Man? Just wondering, so I can get an idea of the finished product.

Eh, I'm not impressed. Of course, they're only sketches, so I'll wait to see the finished product of his version of Spider-Man before I let loose any complaints. Does anyone know if he's done art on any 616 Spider-Man? Just wondering, so I can get an idea of the finished product.

I agree. Those don't tell me anything.

Don't get me wrong - I'm glad he's on the book and I can't wait until he's in and Bags is out. But these sketches don't mean anything meaningful.

I just think it's exciting we're getting something different... Not knocking Bags, but we're in need of something a little different. Especially on the writing end.

Not that great. I am excited to see more but these sketches don't really do much for me.

Does anyone see that one of them sort of has a mouth? Venom, perhaps?

Are you talking about the one on the lower right of the first page or the one on the upper left of the second page? I think that first one is the shadow of Spider-Man's head on his chest and the second one is just an extraneous line Immonen didn't erase.

I agree. Those don't tell me anything.

Don't get me wrong - I'm glad he's on the book and I can't wait until he's in and Bags is out. But these sketches don't mean anything meaningful.

Agree on all points. Except I'm not exactly glad he's on the book. I'm eager, but thats because I'm more interested to see the finished product (as I said). I'm not a huge fan of his art, but I did like it on UXM. It was just different enough to stand out, and was a nice break in the usual styling--yet it didn't blow me away by any means. I'm hoping his work on USM will impress me more, but I have a feeling it will. His styling seems more appropriate to Spider-Man anyway...

I'm especially looking forward to his renditions of some of Peter's arch-enemies (assuming he gets a chance: Green Goblin, Venom, Dr. Octopus, Rhino, Kingpin, and especially his version of Sandman). I think the chances of his getting to draw a share of those are likely if he stays on the book for a fair amount of time. Especially since he'll probably want a chance to add his own input to renderings of those Ultimate character versions. We'll probably also get to see more Ultimate debuts of 616 Spidey characters. Unfortunately, they'll more than likely continue the trend of Bendis just wasting an opportunity and ruining certain characters early on (not to say another writer couldn't redeem them or "forget" Bendis' version or story involving said character).

Either way, I'm sad to see Bagley go for purely sentimental purposes, and happy Immonen is coming on to breathe some new life into the title (which it sorely, sorely needs).

And I agree with DiB and E

Zombie.

I just think it's exciting we're getting something different... Not knocking Bags, but we're in need of something a little different. Especially on the writing end.

Exactly. Its statements like this which always will redeem Goody in my eyes.

I'm not fat. I weigh 127 pounds.

You're only 3'1". You're a midget, dude. A fat midget. Get over the denial period already, will you?

I have, however, developed an exellent way of protecting myself. A suit of armor (reminiscent of the Iron man armor) that is made entirely out of jumbo marshmellows.

Dude, I'd totally eat through that thing in a second. If your fat midget *** hadn't already eaten it.

I love midgets. Especially BBQed.

;)

they're ok. Making him look more bug like then kid in costume too

Which for the character, just might work. We'll have to wait and see the final detailed, inked, and colored versions before we'll be able to make any real judgements, but either way the title needs it.

Does anyone see that one of them sort of has a mouth? Venom, perhaps?

I doubt it.

I don't see a mouth at all. And from an artists' perspective---they're just sketches so you're gonna see extra lines everywhere.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Goody reads between the lines that are between the lines. He's meticulous and has incredibly good vision. Most of the time.

Well, he did the Spider-Man/Gen13 book, but that was a decade ago and Immonen's style is nothing like it was then (when I really liked it). He may have recently done a Spider-Man Unlimited story if I'm not mistaken.

Either way, I'm sad to see Bagley go for purely sentimental purposes, and happy Immonen is coming on to breathe some new life into the title (which it sorely, sorely needs).
I'm wondering... regarding breathing new life into USM... Is there a remote possibility that Immonen's involvement in USM possibly mean that Bendis' writing might adjust slightly? Writers write differently with different artists at all, regardless of how little of the Marvel Method they use.

Latest posts

Back