New York Comic-Con '08 Diary.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
It's been a good day at NYC. I'm on my brother's iPhone (I'm at a restaurant) and when I get back to the hotel I'm gonna write up about Day #0. Although all postings will happen starting Sunday night after getting home.

Comic-Con Day #1 tomorrow! w00t!!!!

New York Comic-Con
Day #0

So I leave my house around 11:25 or so as my friend's dad picks up my brother and me and drops us off at the train station. We take the 1:18 p.m. train to Grand Central and we're in NYC by quarter to 3. Once we're out, we go to the hotel, check in, drop our stuff us, and head out into the city.

The hotel we're at- I rate it a 2.5/5. It's smaller than other places I've been at, but that doesn't matter since it's plenty spacious for 3 people. But there's no free ice and no free internet! Boo! But it's nothing we can't deal with.

Now, as some of you know from first hand and others by reading, no one cons like Ice. This is true. I had already mapped out what to do today, because you know, I'm awesome. The plan was to head to Midtown Comics (the Time Squares store—there's also one behind GCT), then head off to Toys' R Us, and top it off with dinner at Olive Garden. But since Toys R Us was closer, we stopped in here first. We come in, and it's still massive as I last remember it. A Ferris wheel that's 3 floors high, the cool Lego section, and the giant Jurassic Park T-Rex roaring up the place- all very cool. And we also saw Wolverine and The Thing made out of Legos.

Even cooler was a nice replica of Speed Racer's Mach 5 car. That was awesome.

After we toured the toy store for about 15-20 minutes, we head out to go to Midtown Comics. We almost got lost since we were about to head in the opposite direction. But we end up finding it and look around to see what they have. I didn't really get anything since I wanted to save my money for the con since I'll be able to get comics/TPB/etc. there cheaper. So I just picked up a Spider-Man magazine with comic previews and the Marvel newspaper.

As I was walking around the store, I found like 15 or so Wolverine statues. Some were the exact same, just in different costumes. But even for that, the price changed up to $20 higher for a different costume! Most were about $280 or so, and when the costume changed, it'd go up around if not past $300. The hell with that!!

Anyways, once we were done, we went to Olive Garden. But it actually took us a half an hour to get there since the directions we were getting from Google was sending us in the total wrong direction! I think we actually walked in a circle like twice or so. But once we actually ask someone, we finally get there.

The food was superb. And the breadsticks? To quote Stewie from Family Guy: "It's like there's an orgasm in my mouth!" After leaving, we head off to the ESPNZONE restaurant since my brother and I wanted to check out the Yankees game. This place is. AWE. SOME. Why? Because when you go to the bathroom, it doesn't matter if you're taking a piss or crapping- they have TVs with the games on!! You don't ever miss a thing! :lol:

The night finished off with leaving there around 10 at night or so and me here writing this. Day 0 over…and let the fun begin on Friday afternoon!!

END OF DAY 0

New York Comic-Con
Day #0

So I leave my house around 11:25 or so as my friend's dad picks up my brother and me and drops us off at the train station. We take the 1:18 p.m. train to Grand Central and we're in NYC by quarter to 3. Once we're out, we go to the hotel, check in, drop our stuff us, and head out into the city.

The hotel we're at- I rate it a 2.5/5. It's smaller than other places I've been at, but that doesn't matter since it's plenty spacious for 3 people. But there's no free ice and no free internet! Boo! But it's nothing we can't deal with.

Now, as some of you know from first hand and others by reading, no one cons like Ice. This is true. I had already mapped out what to do today, because you know, I'm awesome. The plan was to head to Midtown Comics (the Time Squares store—there's also one behind GCT), then head off to Toys' R Us, and top it off with dinner at Olive Garden. But since Toys R Us was closer, we stopped in here first. We come in, and it's still massive as I last remember it. A Ferris wheel that's 3 floors high, the cool Lego section, and the giant Jurassic Park T-Rex roaring up the place- all very cool. And we also saw Wolverine and The Thing made out of Legos.

Even cooler was a nice replica of Speed Racer's Mach 5 car. That was awesome.

After we toured the toy store for about 15-20 minutes, we head out to go to Midtown Comics. We almost got lost since we were about to head in the opposite direction. But we end up finding it and look around to see what they have. I didn't really get anything since I wanted to save my money for the con since I'll be able to get comics/TPB/etc. there cheaper. So I just picked up a Spider-Man magazine with comic previews and the Marvel newspaper.

As I was walking around the store, I found like 15 or so Wolverine statues. Some were the exact same, just in different costumes. But even for that, the price changed up to $20 higher for a different costume! Most were about $280 or so, and when the costume changed, it'd go up around if not past $300. The hell with that!!

Anyways, once we were done, we went to Olive Garden. But it actually took us a half an hour to get there since the directions we were getting from Google was sending us in the total wrong direction! I think we actually walked in a circle like twice or so. But once we actually ask someone, we finally get there.

The food was superb. And the breadsticks? To quote Stewie from Family Guy: "It's like there's an orgasm in my mouth!" After leaving, we head off to the ESPNZONE restaurant since my brother and I wanted to check out the Yankees game. This place is. AWE. SOME. Why? Because when you go to the bathroom, it doesn't matter if you're taking a piss or crapping- they have TVs with the games on!! You don't ever miss a thing! :lol:

The night finished off with leaving there around 10 at night or so and me here writing this. Day 0 over…and let the fun begin on Friday afternoon!!

END OF DAY 0

Olive Garden? Really? :D That's the best you can manage?

Applebees is horrible, horrible, horrible. I have no idea how people are able to eat there.

AppleBee's has really bad food. Have you had the same experience? Olive Garden is probably my favorite popular Italian restaurant.

Applebees is horrible, horrible, horrible. I have no idea how people are able to eat there.
Last year at Philly we had Applebees on the night I went down there. It was me, my brother, my friend and Seldes. The food was terrific.

Latest posts

Back