News (minor) on Ultimates V2 #13 (1/31/07)

MoS

Various comments off of MillarWorld:

Mark Millar posted 20 pages of art from the issue in the mods-only forum. It's not all of the issue, but it's supposed to be a good chunk of it.

Today MM posted:

"Big interview at Newsarama later this week (or early next) to discuss Civil War, 1985, a little Kick-***, the end of Ultimates 2 (the final tweaks for ish 13 just finished on Friday) and some hints about the new stuff (including a TV series based on one of the comics you haven't even heard about yet). All cool."

Last time he posted that "final tweaks" had been done on Ultimates, the issue came out about 6 weeks after - so maybe we WILL hit the December shipping date.

Re: News (minor) on Ultimates V2 #13

I wish I was a mod at millarworld.

This should be awesome, and what was that reference to 1985? Is Millar planning some sort of sequel to 1984?

It's a dumb project that sounds like a Saturday Morning Cartoon Special that Marvel is investing way too much cash into.

*cough*

It's a fumetti comic, based on the adventures of a young boy circa the 1985 era of Marvel comics, involving pretty much every Marvel character. Apparently they built stages and had people pose and the whole bit.

It sounds a little like Busiek's Marvels (or maybe Ellis' Ruins, depending on how sunny your outlook is), but set in a single time frame.

Last edited:

*cough*

It's a fumetti comic, based on the adventures of a young boy circa the 1985 era of Marvel comics, involving pretty much every Marvel character. Apparently they built stages and had people pose and the whole bit.

Dumb. Boy meets fictional heroes in real life in order to save reality and then said heroes return back to the comics. Saturday Morning Cartoon.

Before you decide to be swayed by MWoF's one-line rant:

Here's a story summary:
The story follows a little boy in the Midwest who suffers from a psychological disorder and cannot distinguish between fantasy and reality. He begins to see Marvel villains appearing in his home town, but nobody believes him because of his condition. However, it soon becomes apparent that they are real as people start to die in mysterious circumstances.

And some actual images:
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?threadid=55789

Really too early to say much about it. Given Millar's tendency to write for adults (even when he's writing about "kids") I'm not sure I'd put much faith in the "Saturday Morning Cartoon" angle. Dunno how good it will be, as Millar's record with me is definitely below .500

Last edited:

Awesome news on #13.

And as for 1985, I hope we get to see what Millar told people at the board. Cross your fingers, Rhyo (unless more news was said that I missed)!

Awesome news on #13.

And as for 1985, I hope we get to see what Millar told people at the board. Cross your fingers, Rhyo (unless more news was said that I missed)!

I'll be surprised if that's what the pics are for. Besides, even if it is, how many of the pics will end up being suitable? A lot of them were out of focus or only head-shots or clearly shot in a location that might not work.

I'll be surprised if that's what the pics are for. Besides, even if it is, how many of the pics will end up being suitable? A lot of them were out of focus or only head-shots or clearly shot in a location that might not work.
A man can dream can't he? :cry:

1985 sounds like it could be pretty interesting. The pages posted on newsarama look interesting enough.

I agree that 1985 sounds interesting, and I like the concept as far as the art.

Is there a date for it?

I agree that 1985 sounds interesting, and I like the concept as far as the art.

Is there a date for it?
It was going to be scheduled for this past summer, but it got changed. It hasn't been said as to when, even when I asked Joe Q. at Philly. So hopefully we'll find out when the interview shows up.

Is there a date for it?

I was gonna ask that but I was afraid someone would tell me to read the article my own damn self.

And then you guys would know I can't read.

I was gonna ask that but I was afraid someone would tell me to read the article my own damn self.

The articles were mostly before Millar's serious problems with his health, so if they HAD a date in them, it'd be wrong. He mentioned today that he had an interview coming up end of this week or next week and it would be discussed then, so maybe we'll have a more up-to-date estimate then.

Millar's been working on 1985 for a while now. A lot of people are skeptical about it, or in the case of TMWoF, have already written it off. Myself, I'd like to check it out. I started reading/collecting in 1982/83 so this is right up my alley. Hopefully he throws in some obscure characters for folks like me to fangasm over. Blue Streak, for example. That was one character that was the epitome of 1980's comics cheese.

Latest posts

Back