Newsarama previews UFF#22 & The Ultimates Annual #1

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
From our friends at Newsarma.com, we receive a 6 page preview of Ultimate Fantastic Four #22 (By Mark Millar and Greg Land) and also The Ultimates Annual #1 (By Mark Millar and Steve Dillon). Both are scheduled to hit stores on 8/10/05.

The solicitations for both read:

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #22
COVER BY: GREG LAND
WRITERS: MARK MILLAR
PENCILS: GREG LAND
"CROSSOVER"
The story you never thought you'd see finds the fledgling F.F. on an alternate Earth pursued by the last people they'd expect! But, will they be able to reason with - Magneto?! Part 2 (of 3) 32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP...$2.50

ULTIMATES ANNUAL #1
COVER BY: BRYAN HITCH
WRITER: MARK MILLAR
PENCILS: STEVE DILLON
"THE RESERVES"
If you thought The Ultimates were the only team S.H.I.E.L.D. was creating-you were wrong! Get ready for the next wave of super-soldiers designed to protect America's vital interests. But is this all that Director Nick Fury is up to‹or is there much more to this ultra-clandestine program? And can even S.H.I.E.L.D. keep all these super-people under control? 48 PGS./PARENTAL ADVISORY...$3.99

Last edited:
DUDE!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!! YOU'RE THE ONLY I'D GO GAY FOR!

I've said to much... ICE YOU ROCK!!!!!

René said:
DUDE!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!! YOU'RE THE ONLY I'D GO GAY FOR!

I've said to much... ICE YOU ROCK!!!!!
Do not thank me, for I am merely the messenger here. All thanks please go to Rhyo. I do not want credit here, but hey- Im free on Friday nights. :D

Nice. The Avengers look cool drawn by Land and the Ultimates annual is okay...

Is the Ultimates annual after Grand Theft America or somewhere between? 'Cause if it is after, there looks to be no casualties...

I still have no idea what's going on in the UFF crossover. It's too small to see the text. Can someone fill me in?
:oops:

Irish_4204 said:
I still have no idea what's going on in the UFF crossover. It's too small to see the text. Can someone fill me in?
:oops:

It's basically just explaining that the infection came from another universe and it passed onto other superheroes. Then it shows Reed running with Torch chasing after.

ProjectX2 said:
It's basically just explaining that the infection came from another universe and it passed onto other superheroes. Then it shows Reed running with Torch chasing after.
Ahh ok. Yeah, I just read the UFF #21 summary, I get it now. Thanks though.

Blech. Black Widow is still using her Iron Maiden armour.

icemastertron said:
I give a million thanks to Rhyo for the heads up. I love you for this! :heart:

(bats eyelashes and curtsies)

Welcome. This will make tomorrow's issues come out faster, right?

I think the concept for the Ultimate Annual is a really great idea... The first line in the preview hits what I believe to be what the Ultimate Universe is based upon. Reality. Our society builds better and better weapons and continues to do so no matter the casualties. I can't wait to see the Reserves. If the people that are backing the Ultimates are any indication, I believe we're going to see some interesting original characters and maybe a few new ultimizations.

Also, I can't help but feel had (Pun intended) about the "Cross-Over". This just seems to be some cheesey horror story about multi-dimensional communication. This better be the Ultimate Legacy Virus or something... The art is fantastic, the story is, well, odd.

Thank you Rhyo for pointing us in the right direction.

Hmm, I hope it is between the arcs then.

And Ice, you missed an "l" out in the title! :D

The Reserves probably won't show up until at least halfway through the book.

The question is... How are they going to show up? Are the Ultimates going to need rescuing or is their team going to be expanded?

I hope it's not just showing the Giant-Men and introducing them to the team. :D

BTW, it looks like MWF's Gah Lak Tus theory is out the window.

Latest posts

Back