Newsarama previews Ultimate Spider-Man Annual #1

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Newsarama.com gives us a 6 page preview, as well as the cover of Ultimate Spider-Man Annual #1 (By Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Brooks), fully lettered, and still with the character unknown on the cover. The issue is set to hit stores on August 17th.

The solicitation reads:

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #1
"MORE THAN YOU BARGAINED FOR"
Spidey goes toe-to-toee with some old foes – and winds up with a new girlfriend! Who is she? Let's just say she has a familiar face. How did this happen? Well, one way to find out—and here it is! This is a story that will have long-lasting ramifications, not only for our friendly neighborhood wall-crawler, but for… well, THAT would be telling!
48 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP …$3.99

Darn it you beat me again. :furious:

But on other hands this looks really good. The artwork I think it's better than Bagley but still has the same feel.

you just beat me to this....but i dont think its her, it could be, either way, some pages look skipped, obviously to avoid spoiling the girlfriend ordeal....Good stuff though. I never thought i could read ult spidey without bagleys artwork, but some artists can do the job, brooks showed he could hold his own.

No, that pretty much looks like it's Ultimate Arana. The face, the way she talks, her fathers face....it's definetly here. Arana has been Ultimized! :D

icemastertron said:
No, that pretty much looks like it's Ultimate Arana. The face, the way she talks, her fathers face....it's definetly here. Arana has been Ultimized! :D

well you have 19 posts until 10000, i hope you dont use them trying to convince me that ultimate arana could possibly be his girlfriend... :shock:

The Captain said:
well you have 19 posts until 10000, i hope you dont use them trying to convince me that ultimate arana could possibly be his girlfriend...
That cant be. This is her first time in UU, so that already rules her out.

how coulds it be Arana though, wasnt it stated that the new girlfriend had shown up before in USM?

Goody, more Ultimate Rhino :D I am a sucker for the old faves, and Rhino was one that I liked as a kid. And has that nice cool Jack from Tekken look too. But, doomed to be incidental I'm sure.

And the art, I much prefer it to Bagley's, though still not ideal, it's a step up.

Ultimate Houde said:
Interesting plot development

Rhino looks much different than before.

Spidey is still one wise cracking mofo

What do you mean? Ultimate Rhino has only shown up once before in USM #28 (if i recall correctly) and he looked almost identical. I think the only difference is the artists' different styles. Speaking of which, I'm really loving Brook's art.

WAs it a trick of the light, or is Rhino now a black man?

Yeah, that looks like Ultimate Arana. Hoo boh. CAn't wait :)

If that really is Ultiamte Arana, Bendis would get on my good side again.

Latest posts

Back