Newsarama previews Ultimate X-Men Annual #1 & Ultimate X-Men #63.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
As Newsarama keeps reporting on the Ultimate Marvel 5th anniversary, they continue with showing us a 6-page preview to Ultimate X-Men Annual #1 (By Brian K. Vaughan and Tom Raney), as well as for Ultimate X-Men #63 (By Brian K. Vuaghan and Stuart Immonen).

The annual is set to hit stores this Wednesday, as #63 is due out in September.

Last edited:
The x-men annual looks interesting, but what is with the art. Rogue doesn't look anything like she does in UXM. Hell, she doesn't look anything like she does in the cover! What is with Gambit's hair. First, it's brown and straight, then it's brown and permed, now it's blonde. I know different artists have different interpretations, but this is rediculous. The preview would have been nicer if dialogue was included, but it's no big deal since it comes out in 2 days. It seems like Gambit and Rogue have already stolen the Gem by the time Juggernaut shows up so I'm not sure what the rest of the issue is going to be about. Then again we don't know exactly where in the issue these pages takes place or if there are any jump in between pages.

I liked the preview for UXM, but I would have really like some dialogue here. I'm not sure who the 4 people in the car are. I thought that it was only Havok, Cannonball, and Sunspot who were going. The only person I could think of was cypher, but I didn't think he was going. It definitely seems like there are gaps between pages. I like that Havok fires on Scott. I can't help but wonder if they're going to do the thing that they are immune to each others powers like in the 616 universe. That would be interesting if they were the last to standing and got into a fist fight.

Rogue looks like an eleven year old girl.

Gambit and Rogue don't look all that incredible, but Juggernaut looks like the dogs bollocks. And for all you Americans here, that means 'great'.

And Immonen's art has always been a personal favourite of mine, and he looks to be on top form there, outstanding stuff.

And Maxwell, it's Havok, Cannonball, Northstar and Sunspot in the car.

Guijllons said:
UXM63 looks rather good indeed, the annual.. well, I'm just glad Juggernaut is preposterously huge

LOL, was thinking the same thing. Also, anyone notice how the UXM #63 pages seem to be missing a few, ie the action is sequential, yeah, but it seems like a page or two is missins (where it would seem the car Havok is driving crashes after Nightcrawler teleports onto the hood, Shadowcat being fine in one page and suddenly passed out in Wolverine's arms in the next).

Anyway, can't wait to get both of these, but much more excited about #63 than I am the Annual. Either way, looking forward to it.

MaxwellSmart said:
The x-men annual looks interesting, but what is with the art. Rogue doesn't look anything like she does in UXM. Hell, she doesn't look anything like she does in the cover!

Can agree with that, almost looks like the artist based her off a 12-year-old Natalie Portman. Ehh, no big deal.

What is with Gambit's hair. First, it's brown and straight, then it's brown and permed, now it's blonde. I know different artists have different interpretations, but this is rediculous.

Ummm, are you color blind? I mean its light brown, but its definitly not blonde. Its almost an identical color to his jacket, and that is most definitly a brown leather jacket, so not seeing how it looks blonde to you. Look at Havok/Cannonball from the UXM #63, those guys are blonde.

The preview would have been nicer if dialogue was included, but it's no big deal since it comes out in 2 days. It seems like Gambit and Rogue have already stolen the Gem by the time Juggernaut shows up so I'm not sure what the rest of the issue is going to be about. Then again we don't know exactly where in the issue these pages takes place or if there are any jump in between pages.

I agree, definitly the Gem of Cyttorak they're heisting. I have a feeling these are the opening pages of the issue, and the majority of the issue will be the battle between Gambit, Rogue, and Juggernaut (hopefully with a little backstory on all the characters to find out what they've been doing since we saw them last, especially Juggs).

I liked the preview for UXM, but I would have really like some dialogue here. I'm not sure who the 4 people in the car are. I thought that it was only Havok, Cannonball, and Sunspot who were going. The only person I could think of was cypher, but I didn't think he was going. It definitely seems like there are gaps between pages. I like that Havok fires on Scott. I can't help but wonder if they're going to do the thing that they are immune to each others powers like in the 616 universe. That would be interesting if they were the last to standing and got into a fist fight.

It was Havok, Cannonball, Sunspot and Northstar. You remember our friend Jean-Paul Beaubier, don't you? He was the one Sinister shot, well, the one he shot and the only one who survived, from the Tempest arc.

Just for those talkin' about the cover of Rouge and how she looks inside, you guys DO remember it's two different artists, right? Just making sure since it sounds like you might think its the same guy.

icemastertron said:
Just for those talkin' about the cover of Rouge and how she looks inside, you guys DO remember it's two different artists, right? Just making sure since it sounds like you might think its the same guy.

Yeah, its definitly different artists, the styles aren't even close to the same. I was just agreeing that she looked pretty young in several panels while they're boosting the gem.

DIrishB said:
Yeah, its definitly different artists, the styles aren't even close to the same. I was just agreeing that she looked pretty young in several panels while they're boosting the gem.
Yeah, she really does. Waaay younger than she really is. But its no biggie. Least we're getting more of these guys!

icemastertron said:
Yeah, she really does. Waaay younger than she really is. But its no biggie. Least we're getting more of these guys!

Yeah I'm looking forward to this Annual, just not as much as UXM #63. But hopefully they'll at least address what Juggs has been up to since we last saw him in Ultimate X-Men's "Weapon X" arc and Ultimate War.

Latest posts

Back