Nightwing: The Movie?

I don't know how this would make sense without the Batman connection.

I have a pretty good idea.

Pretty much, Dick Grayson has the same origin, he was an acrobat in the circus as a kid. His parents were murdered by an insurance thug. There we jump years later, Dick is in his early twenties in Blüdhaven, a pretty gritty city much like Gotham though not as bad or big, working in any job he can find. He still keeps up his skill in acrobatic and also takes a few marshal arts class. I picture the plot being a girl being chased by the mafia or something and Dick getting involved, mainly using his acrobatic ability. (think classic Jackie Chan) Eventually he puts on a mask to take the bad guys out. And thus Nightwing is born

I have a pretty good idea.

Pretty much, Dick Grayson has the same origin, he was an acrobat in the circus as a kid. His parents were murdered by an insurance thug. There we jump years later, Dick is in his early twenties in Blüdhaven, a pretty gritty city much like Gotham though not as bad or big, working in any job he can find. He still keeps up his skill in acrobatic and also takes a few marshal arts class. I picture the plot being a girl being chased by the mafia or something and Dick getting involved, mainly using his acrobatic ability. (think classic Jackie Chan) Eventually he puts on a mask to take the bad guys out. And thus Nightwing is born

That doesn't sound bad at all.

The whole appeal of the Nightwing character is the grown up sidekick aspect.

That would just be another Batman movie.

I wouldn't say another Batman movie, definitely another Jackie Chan genre movie, but definitely would not be a carbon copy of Batman.

Meh....I'd have to agree with Kalicki Joe here.

Without the connection and foundation that he is Batman's former protege/partner...you lose a key part of the character and it becomes just another generic action movie. And with Nightwing not being as iconic as Superman, Wonder Woman, or Batman...the Nightwing film without a Batman connection becomes a straight to DVD Batman wannabe.

Meh....I'd have to agree with Kalicki Joe here.

Without the connection and foundation that he is Batman's former protege/partner...you lose a key part of the character and it becomes just another generic action movie. And with Nightwing not being as iconic as Superman, Wonder Woman, or Batman...the Nightwing film without a Batman connection becomes a straight to DVD Batman wannabe.

I agree with that, but I feel if done right the movie wouldn't need a connection and would be made for more general audiences than other comic book films. Though "if done right" are very big words

They need to calm down with the comic movies.

Completely pointless. Even Random's pitch, which could potentially work as a movie on its own, would go down as one of those dumb cash-ins like Steel that's bashed for years as not having anything to do with the character he spun off from.

Bleh. There are so many characters in the DC Universe alone that deserve their own movies so much more than Nightwing. Green Lantern, the Flash, Green Arrow, even a movie about The Question in the exact right hands could be phenomenal.

Completely pointless. Even Random's pitch, which could potentially work as a movie on its own, would go down as one of those dumb cash-ins like Steel that's bashed for years as not having anything to do with the character he spun off from.

Not if I was runinng the show, and Steel had much more wrong with it than lack of character knowledge.

But yeah, The Question definitely needs a movie more. Either way, the guy just says he's making a pitch, I doubt it would ever get made.

CBR reports:

From the rumor file, Comics2Film has a blog claiming that a Hollywood director is putting together a Dick Grayson pitch.

I wonder if they would ever make it like Grayson (the fan film , you've not seen it you have to , it's that cool)

The whole appeal of the Nightwing character is the grown up sidekick aspect.

That would just be another Batman movie.

Agreed , I like Nightwing but with no batman connection it'll seem like a batman rip off , it would even have a similar story

I wonder if they would ever make it like Grayson (the fan film , you've not seen it you have to , it's that cool)

The only thing more over-rated than Grayson is Batman: Dead End. It's like watching an episode of the Adam West show trying to take itself seriously. Dead End is just like reading a Jim Lee (over-rated IMO FYI) illustrated issue of Batman, only without the words.

The only thing more over-rated than Grayson is Batman: Dead End. It's like watching an episode of the Adam West show trying to take itself seriously. Dead End is just like reading a Jim Lee (over-rated IMO FYI) illustrated issue of Batman, only without the words.

Dead end is great too

Agreed , I like Nightwing but with no batman connection it'll seem like a batman rip off , it would even have a similar story

I definitely wouldn't consider my pitch a batman rip off at all. (Kinda sick of people saying that) I wouldn't have conventional hero costumes, or batarangs, etc. But it wouldn't be anything totally original either

I definitely wouldn't consider my pitch a batman rip off at all. (Kinda sick of people saying that) I wouldn't have conventional hero costumes, or batarangs, etc. But it wouldn't be anything totally original either

I didn't say your pitch I just meant the film in general

Parents die so the main charracter decides to become a crime fighter , both have no powers.

Besides batarangs and the bat mobile the film would be a batman clone , There is no way to avoid it without either a) having a batman connection or b)changing every aspect of the hero

And lets remember how catwoman turned out when they had no batman link and changed every part of the character ...... yeah that doesn't give me hope

Latest posts

Back