Nintendo DS thread

E

Excelsior Club
...and New Super Mario Bros. This is funny because when I bought the XBox 360 it was either it or the DS, and also because I got a DS way back when and sold it after I got my PSP. But they seem slow to release games for PSP, although I do like several of them and am not dissatisfied with the system.

But I'm digging the new Mario game and Starfox looks cool, plus my son loves it and I think he would like Nintendogs, so I'll pick it up too.

The Lite is nicer than the original DS...it seems more elegant and streamlined. The original is kind of klunky. The downsode is no demo (I got a Metroid demo with my first one) and no headphones or wriststrap. Oh well. So far so good.

Re: I got a DS Lite today...

I got one a few months ago, along with Mario Kart and Metroid. If you have a wi-fi connection and want to play some deathmatch on Metroid, PM me sometime. It's pretty fun.

Sacred&Profane said:
I got one a few months ago, along with Mario Kart and Metroid. If you have a wi-fi connection and want to play some deathmatch on Metroid, PM me sometime. It's pretty fun.

Cool, I might do that. Metroid & Mario Kart are also on the list of games to get.

E said:
...and New Super Mario Bros. This is funny because when I bought the XBox 360 it was either it or the DS, and also because I got a DS way back when and sold it after I got my PSP. But they seem slow to release games for PSP, although I do like several of them and am not dissatisfied with the system.

But I'm digging the new Mario game and Starfox looks cool, plus my son loves it and I think he would like Nintendogs, so I'll pick it up too.

The Lite is nicer than the original DS...it seems more elegant and streamlined. The original is kind of klunky. The downsode is no demo (I got a Metroid demo with my first one) and no headphones or wriststrap. Oh well. So far so good.

Its a cool little system. I got mine when it came out also with Mario and Brain Age. I got Star Fox last week but havent even opened it. Mario Kart is next on the list but i dont think i can mess with that Nintendogs..

i got a DS lite when it came out and i got New super mario bros. and i must say that the system itself is fantastic, not to mention how much of a masterpierce NSMB is, i picked up sonic rush, wario ware touched, and burnout revenge shortly after and i must say i am very impressed with the whole package it's even got me contemplating buying a nintendo wii when it comes out

I've been hanging out with a group of gamers/heavy drinkers. Like two thirds of them have DS Lites. I've never gotten into handhelds, but now I'm thinking about it. It's actually pretty cool. The only downside is that they release a new one like every year. It's almost impossible to keep up.

So I just got Tetris for my DS. Its like I'm 8 again. Super Mario, Tetris, all I need is a really good 2-D Metroid and I'm good to go.

EDIT: Wow. I just cleared 552 lines in tetris. How the hell did I do that?

Last edited:

wow long since i've been posting here :O

Still an awesome forum, keep it up guys :)

I got myself a DS lite too, with Wi-Fi games Mario Cart and Metroid ! 8)

if anybody wants some games, i would love to join in, PM me and ill give you my

friend codes!

Nobody ? :( ok ...

The only wi-fi game I have is Metroid and I'm used to it enough yet to play with/against anyone.

The only wi-fi game I have is Metroid and I'm used to it enough yet to play with/against anyone.

I bet you own me :) havent played many games myself .. and those i have i've been killed so bad :p

I live in the friggin boonies. I can't even get dsl where I live. (I should have checked that before I bought my house) I wish I could play some wi-fi stuff but it is impossible. Damn dial-up:x

I just got Mario hoops 3 on 3 the other day. You use the stilus to dribble shoot and pass so it takes a minute to get the hang of it but once you do it is a ton of fun. Gotta love throwing koopa shells at the opposing team as they dribble up the court. fun fun fun:D

Nintendogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My guilty pleasure. Great game to play with a 3-year old. He likes throwing the tennis ball.

We're raising a Yorkie named Daisy.

How is that game? Is it easy to control or is it going to take a while to get used to it?

How is that game? Is it easy to control or is it going to take a while to get used to it?

It's real easy to control. There are actually a couple of different settings you can use. I have it set up so that I move with the d-pad, and use the stylus to point which direction I move in and aim the arm cannon.

Has anyone played Warioware Touched? My son loves to play and it would be nice to have a game that I don't need to give him lessons in to play. But from what I've seen the "games" aren't even games, just pointless stuff like scratching a guy's back or whatever. Are there objectives to these games? How is it overall?

It's real easy to control. There are actually a couple of different settings you can use. I have it set up so that I move with the d-pad, and use the stylus to point which direction I move in and aim the arm cannon.

Has anyone played Warioware Touched? My son loves to play and it would be nice to have a game that I don't need to give him lessons in to play. But from what I've seen the "games" aren't even games, just pointless stuff like scratching a guy's back or whatever. Are there objectives to these games? How is it overall?

My friend has this game - it's really lovely and so much fun. There is no objectives .. only to get as far in the game as possible, it gets harder and harder for each lvl

I really like the DS but im starting to think why did i buy it. I like the games but just dont have the time. Plus I just got a 360 and you know how that goes...

Just heard yesterday that Nintendo finally picked up a Baseball license (again, I guess?). So now there's going to be baseball games coming out for the DS starting March or so. Of course, I'd assume for the Wii as well, but since I heard someone at Gamestop yesterday ask just about the DS, that's what I heard.

Latest posts

Back