Nintendo DS thread

Re: I got a DS Lite today...

It's pretty good. My son loves to play fetch with it.

Wario Ware - THAT'S a great game.

E buy the new harvest moon for your son - you can pet the cow and the sheep with the touch screen : D

it's really silly and fun, and hearts show up when you do it

E buy the new harvest moon for your son - you can pet the cow and the sheep with the touch screen : D

it's really silly and fun, and hearts show up when you do it

I think his cousin has it and he played it & liked it. I'll look into it; we might get him either a GBA or DS for Christmas.

I think im gonna sell mine :( Just dont got time to play it...

I think his cousin has it and he played it & liked it. I'll look into it; we might get him either a GBA or DS for Christmas.

The whole touch thing is something my cousin finds sooo amazing.. i think he finds it a bit weird that the characters interact with the stylus ..

gogo ds! :D

Not sure yet. Got the DS, New Mario, Brain Age and Star Fox..

Not sure yet. Got the DS, New Mario, Brain Age and Star Fox..
Well, whenever you do decide (and Im not trying to rush you, Im sorry if this sounds like it) let me know! I've been thinking of getting my brother one as a gift.

And Brain Age and Star Fox- how are those games? I hear they're good.

Well, whenever you do decide (and Im not trying to rush you, Im sorry if this sounds like it) let me know! I've been thinking of getting my brother one as a gift.

And Brain Age and Star Fox- how are those games? I hear they're good.

Nah, I know that your not.

They are both really good games. When I deceide i'll let you know.

So I found out my girlfriend is buying me a DS for Christmas. I'm ecstatic. I've been meaning to pick one up for a long time, ever since Metroid Prime - Hunters was released. Between that and Spider-Man - Battle for New York, I'll have plenty to do for the first few weeks.

Plus, my girlfriend has always been a huge fan of Yoshi's Island (Super Mario World 2) on SNES, and the sequels is out on DS, so I'm sure she'll want to check that out.

There were several other games I wanted to play on this handheld, so I'm looking forward to it.

So I found out my girlfriend is buying me a DS for Christmas. I'm ecstatic. I've been meaning to pick one up for a long time, ever since Metroid Prime - Hunters was released. Between that and Spider-Man - Battle for New York, I'll have plenty to do for the first few weeks.

Plus, my girlfriend has always been a huge fan of Yoshi's Island (Super Mario World 2) on SNES, and the sequels is out on DS, so I'm sure she'll want to check that out.

There were several other games I wanted to play on this handheld, so I'm looking forward to it.

3 words: Wario Ware Touched.

This just in: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin is exactly like all other Game Boy Castelvanias. Perfect 2-d platforming games that we don't get enough of.

That is all/

Has anyone played Final Fantasy 3 for the DS yet? The opening credits are amazing; i'd say just buy it for that.

Has anyone played Final Fantasy 3 for the DS yet? The opening credits are amazing; i'd say just buy it for that.

Yeah. Its Final Fantasy three aright. I haven't beaten it yet but thats mainly because as far as I can tell theres about a dozen boss fights in a row at the end with no saves in between. This normally wouldn't be a problem but you can't buy Phoenix Downs or Ethers in this one so after a while your party members start dying and aren't coming back.

truer words have never been spoken.

pick up sonic rush if your a 2-D sonic fan it's quite good, but you can't play as knuckles and he only appears in the game for like two lines this anger's me. instead you get some lame new character called Blaze the cat

I'll check it out...a lot of the used games are pretty cheap at Gamestop (especially with my Barnes & Noble employee discount), so I was going to be picking them up in bulk over the next few weeks.

So I picked up Metroid Prime - Hunters and Spider-Man: Battle For New York this morning and have been playing both on and off all day.

I'm really impressed by Metroid Prime - Hunters. The graphics are really impressive, especially the cinematics, and the controls are easy to adapt and get used to (stylus or handheld options).

Spider-Man: Battle For New York is ok so far, basically a 2D/2.5D, simplified version of the USM game for the home consoles. The controls are very simplistic, and the boards so far are a bit boring (but I'm only 3 levels in, so maybe it'll improve). I can firmly say now that it has no place in Ultimate continuity (the story is similar, but too different from Norman's transformation into the Goblin, etc). Not as happy with this one, but I'll play it through.

I'm also looking forward to picking up Yoshi's Island DS for my girlfriend (she still wakes me up at 9am on the weekends--when I could be sleeping in--by playing this game on my SNES...its her all-time favorite). So, I'm hoping she'll enjoy this one, and from what I've seen of it so far I'm sure she will. New Super Mario Bros., Super Princess Peach, Mario Kart DS will probably be others she'd enjoy.

Also thinking of checking out Metroid Prime - Pinball, Star Fox Command, Battles of Prince of Persia, and a few of the Namco collections.

I'll check it out...a lot of the used games are pretty cheap at Gamestop (especially with my Barnes & Noble employee discount), so I was going to be picking them up in bulk over the next few weeks.

As far as I know, the only way you can get WWT is used...it's out of print or whatever the equivalent is in video games. I've seen it going for as much as $60 but I picked it up at Gamestop for $25.

Latest posts

Back