Nintendo Wii discussion

Re: Nintendo's Revolution gets an official name

WHEEEEEE!!!!!!

Now that that's out of my system:

E said:
I don't think so...someone said 16, but I think she's only 15.

She's 16. I'm a big golf fan ("BOOOOOO!!!") and I know she's 16 because she's the same age as me (A few months older though). Plus, on one of the games, they said she was trying to get through "The Great Gatsby", making her a junior.

Victor Von Doom said:

I know. I was just shamelessly upping my post count, ala Ice.

Random said:
Oh good, Cause for a second there I thought you were a pedophile

You wish.....anything to draw attention away from your pedo ways. :lol:

Wii? That name is kinda wack... Still, if it's gonna be around $200 dollars like they say than F all those other systems. Then again that may be the japanese name. Like super famicom or something.

RollerCoaster_1.jpg

Wii!!!!!

Random said:
Oh good, Cause for a second there I thought you were a pedophile
Teenage golfers,..."Stick It",..."Saved By The Bell",...Sometimes I wonder...

Last edited:

That's a Wii-lly bad name.

Wii?

That's the worst name for a game system I've ever heard. I'd actually be ashamed to say I bought one. Add a vibrating phallic-shaped controller and they've sealed the deal.

"Hey mom, can I go over to Billy's house to play with his new vibrating Wii?"
:sick:

Last edited:

It's like nintendo are trying to kill it's self.

First there console looks worse than 360 or ps3

The controler-dvd-remote-thingy is just bad. First time i saw it I was like WFT????

then the one good thing they had going for them was the cool name Revolution and thought "wait that name sounds cool quick give me 3 random letters W ... I ... I yeah that sounds crap enougth for us."

Just imagin the law suits on christmas when a 12 year old kid swings the controler-dvd-remote-thingy around there head playing Mario Wii and acidently smacks his brother around the head causing him to need stitches!

sjmole said:
It's like nintendo are trying to kill it's self.
But they're not.

sjmole said:
First there console looks worse than 360 or ps3
On the contrary, it looks better.

sjmole said:
The controler-dvd-remote-thingy is just bad. First time i saw it I was like WFT????
"What **** the?"

But the controler is not bad. In fact, its THEE best thing coming out of the next-gen consoles. What's PS3 having? Blue-ray DVD? Ok, cool. But that's nothing new. 360? Nothing I know of. From what I hear, you have to BUY something just to make it back-wards compatable. Stupid mistake. The control may LOOK weird, but it will be one of the greatest things ever because of the way you get to use it.

sjmole said:
then the one good thing they had going for them was the cool name Revolution and thought "wait that name sounds cool quick give me 3 random letters W ... I ... I yeah that sounds crap enougth for us."
"Wii" does suck. "Revolution" was a better name.

sjmole said:
Just imagin the law suits on christmas when a 12 year old kid swings the controler-dvd-remote-thingy around there head playing Mario Wii and acidently smacks his brother around the head causing him to need stitches!
Ok, you must not be very good with knowlege of lawsuits, because that won't hold up in court for s***. If a kid swings it and by mistake hits his brother or whoever, it's either because the kid was wreckless with the controler meaning he wasn't holding it right, or his brother was too close and he got smacked with it. That's not Nintendo's fault. That's the kids for being to stupid.

Ice said:
On the contrary, it looks better.
No it dosen't. I'm what you might call a playstation fan boy but even I can admit the 360 looks coolest. the Wii looks dumb.

Ice said:
But the controler is not bad. In fact, its THEE best thing coming out of the next-gen consoles. What's PS3 having? Blue-ray DVD? Ok, cool. But that's nothing new. 360? Nothing I know of. From what I hear, you have to BUY something just to make it back-wards compatable. Stupid mistake. The control may LOOK weird, but it will be one of the greatest things ever because of the way you get to use it.

The X-box 360 has a dvd player and a cool media player. It's backwards compatable (Yes you have to buy the hard drive but the hard drive is free with the premium back)

Playstation 3 blue-ray dvd as well as backwards compatable and if you have a psp you can download from the ps3 for free a psone emulator

The nintendo Wii has that controlpad but be honest it sucks. It's a novelity that soon wear out. COuld you imagin playing mario kart while swinging a dvd remote around your head? I will give nintendo credit they are trying new things but it's too late. I predict Wii will be flop. by 2008-2009 I see nintendo only making hand hold consoles like ds or gba but not making consoles. They will proberly end up like sega did and make games for other consoles. E.g mario on playstation 4 or somethin

Ice said:
Ok, you must not be very good with knowlege of lawsuits, because that won't hold up in court for s***. If a kid swings it and by mistake hits his brother or whoever, it's either because the kid was wreckless with the controler meaning he wasn't holding it right, or his brother was too close and he got smacked with it. That's not Nintendo's fault. That's the kids for being to stupid.

My lawsuit comment was a joke LOL

If you think Wii will be a flop, honestly, you are sadly mistaken. Everyone always thinks that about Ninentdo, but they're always more creative than the other two systems. And they ALWAYS hold their own. Everyone always says Nintendo won't do good, and you know what happens? They're proven wrong. Nintendo isn't Sega. They're not going to be out of business.

Not true.

First I use to love nintendo back in the day.

PS2 and Xbox both sold so much more than gamecube. Over here in the uk it was so bad that alot of shops stopped selling game cube games and the ones that did sell it had very limeted amount.

The reason I think is nintendo trys to consentrate on games only (I agree thats a good thing) but alot of people now want dvd players they want blue ray when ps3 comes out they want more than just games

but yes I predict it will flop. It already shows on online polls and convosations I've had with people. When asked which of three next gen consoles they will buy They all say ps3 or xbox 360

sjmole said:
Over here in the uk it was so bad that alot of shops stopped selling game cube games and the ones that did sell it had very limeted
And that's in the UK. Not everywhere in the world.

sjmole said:
but yes I predict it will flop. It already shows on online polls and convosations I've had with people. When asked which of three next gen consoles they will buy They all say ps3 or xbox 360
And your prediction will be wrong. I'm not saying Wii will outsell PS3 or XBOX 360, but it won't sell so bad that it will be pulled or that it will be a flop. SO many people said that about the Gamecube, and it still sold strong.

I don't think that Nintendo's Wii will flop but the name WILL affect the sale negative on boys in the age 12 to 17. Under and over that age I don't think the name will make a difference.

Latest posts

Back