Not just anybody

TheManWithoutFear said:
Do I reallly have to say anything?

Just in case I'm not clear on this.

Hawkeye,

you think implants for Hawkeye and Resurrection for Elektra is ok but you're not cool with Zombie's in another dimension?

I see where Hawkeye101 is coming from, but I don't really agree. I definitly think its toeing the line of going over into just complete ridiculousness, especially with the Crossover arc. I just don't think its gone too far yet.

Last edited:
Tony Stark isn't just a regular guy. He was a damn genius!! No one else, not even SHIELD, could come up with the Iron Tech armor. Tony did, and that is what made him special. he wasn't special because he was Iron Man. He was special because he created Iron Man. Plus, we all know there is no substitue for the original.

The point is, Tony Stark was one of those characters that worked extremely well in 616, therefore, there was no reason for change. Like Daredevil, for example. From what we've seen, he is identical to his 616 counterpart. Sure, subtle changes like a brain tumor instead of a heart condition were fine, but there was no need for the garbage in UIM. Actually, UIM would have been a good comic if Stark wasn't a walking brain or didn't have a healing factor. Hell, even the bio-armor was fine. It was like a prototype armor. Like the old saying goes "If it isn't broke, don't fix it."

Lynx said:
Tony Stark isn't just a regular guy. He was a damn genius!! No one else, not even SHIELD, could come up with the Iron Tech armor. Tony did, and that is what made him special. he wasn't special because he was Iron Man. He was special because he created Iron Man. Plus, we all know there is no substitue for the original.

This is true, but when people say Tony's just a regular guy, I think they're speaking in terms of the regular super-hero portrayal of a super-strong, nigh-impervious being (Superman), something Tony surely is not without the suit, but not referring in any way to Tony's intelligence.

The point is, Tony Stark was one of those characters that worked extremely well in 616, therefore, there was no reason for change. Like Daredevil, for example. From what we've seen, he is identical to his 616 counterpart. Sure, subtle changes like a brain tumor instead of a heart condition were fine, but there was no need for the garbage in UIM. Actually, UIM would have been a good comic if Stark wasn't a walking brain or didn't have a healing factor. Hell, even the bio-armor was fine. It was like a prototype armor. Like the old saying goes "If it isn't broke, don't fix it."

Completely agree.

Last edited:
Lynx said:
Hell, even the bio-armor was fine.

That was part of why I thought #1 was a good issue and a good start to the series. The bioarmor specifically was very promising. But when he had to wear it all the time because he was a massive walking brain and then his foot got cut off....well, it was bad before that, that just made it worse.

UltimateE said:
That was part of why I thought #1 was a good issue and a good start to the series. The bioarmor specifically was very promising. But when he had to wear it all the time because he was a massive walking brain and then his foot got cut off....well, it was bad before that, that just made it worse.

I just found it strange how when his foot came off (it wasn't cut off, it just fell off...what the hell is up with that? Is Tony falling apart now?) there wasn't any blood. And why the hell did it just fall off for no reason? That makes no sense.

DIrishB said:
I just found it strange how when his foot came off (it wasn't cut off, it just fell off...what the hell is up with that? Is Tony falling apart now?) there wasn't any blood. And why the hell did it just fall off for no reason? That makes no sense.

Come to think of it, yeah that makes no sense. Tony is left unscathed after his face gets shove into concrete and his foot breaks off after kicking Zebediah in the nads?! Unless Zebediah had Adamantium testicles, that makes no sense at all.

cmdrjanjalani said:
Come to think of it, yeah that makes no sense. Tony is left unscathed after his face gets shove into concrete and his foot breaks off after kicking Zebediah in the nads?! Unless Zebediah had Adamantium testicles, that makes no sense at all.

God this book is awful.

DIrishB said:
This is true, but when people say Tony's just a regular guy, I think they're speaking in terms of the regular super-hero portrayal of a super-strong, nigh-impervious being (Superman), something Tony surely is not without the suit, but not referring in any way to Tony's intelligence.

That's also saying that people don't like Green lantern because he's jsut a guy with a ring. Or people saying they don't like Batman because he was just a rich guy with WAY too much free time. These three superheroes are who they are for a reason (They broguht Hal Jordan back because people wanted the original. Same reason Stark redoned the IM armor after Rhodes wore it in 616).

UltimateE said:
God this book is awful.

Mm-hmm.

Last edited:
Lynx said:
That's also saying that people don't like Green lantern because he's jsut a guy with a ring. Or people saying they don't like Batman because he was just a rich guy with WAY too much free time. These three superheroes are who they are for a reason (They broguht Hal Jordan back because people wanted the original. Same reason Stark redoned the IM armor after Rhodes wore it in 616).

Mm-hmm.

No, its not really, as I'm speaking of Tony specifically and not generalizing.

For anybody that read Green Latern Rebirth. It shos that not just anyone could use the ring. It operates off willpower. Green Arrow tried using it and it almost killed him to produce a tiny arrow.

thee great one said:
For anybody that read Green Latern Rebirth. It shos that not just anyone could use the ring. It operates off willpower. Green Arrow tried using it and it almost killed him to produce a tiny arrow.

It's already been said.

You bastard.

Latest posts

Back