One of these X-Men *WILL* die (Spoiler within).

Which X-Men character will die during 'Messiah Complex'?

• Total voters
It'll be Beast because he's using villains to get what he wants.

Then he'll come back in a year as the blue ape form.

I'm starting to think, maybe the core Jaime Madrox.

Just out of curiosity since I'm not reading any X-books (except Astonishing, which doesn't count because it's good :p)...why do people think it will be Madrox?

Just out of curiosity since I'm not reading any X-books (except Astonishing, which doesn't count because it's good :p)...why do people think it will be Madrox?

Because he's arguably the most interesting X-Man right now.

As much as I love Laura, Illyana, Kitty, Hank, Piotr, Karima, et all, they're all being written quite ****tily right now (yes, I made up a word, bite me, I'm on the phone with TimeWarner).

Easiest to explain a resurrection away, obviously.

OK...I thought people were indicating something in a story to indicate this.

Maybe I'll look into a couple of issues, but I tried to read some of the X-books around the time of House of M and they were totally unimpressive. The plot summaries I've read of what's going on make these books sound even worse. Especially Proj's post a few posts back.

Maybe I'll look into a couple of issues, but I tried to read some of the X-books around the time of House of M and they were totally unimpressive. The plot summaries I've read of what's going on make these books sound even worse. Especially Proj's post a few posts back.
Around HoM, they weren't as good as they are now. With Brubaker & Carey, they've been doing an excellent job.

Uncanny X-men is by Brubaker with art by Tan and currently Larrocra.

The first arc (12 issues) dealt with the aftermath of Deadly Genesis. With a team of X-men following Vulcan into Shiar space.

Currently there are dealing with what is left of the Morlocks and hints towards a huge Magneto comeback. Storm returns to help.

Roster
Professor X
Havok
Polaris
Marvel Girl
Nightcrawler
Thunderbird
Darwin

X-men is by Carey with art by Bacholo and Ramas.

You might not like this with the Bacholo art. But he is a lot better than he has ever been and his art is clearer.

This team is a direct strike team to Crisis. No other duties. Rogue is in charge of this team.

The first arc dealt with Sabertooth coming to the manison after being attacked seeking protection after being attacked by a group called the Children of The Vault. Which are very creepy.

The second arc deals with a man using mutant dna to give himself numerous powers. The way they defeat him is genius.

The third arc deals with Cable's island attacked by a Shiar hivemind monster called the Hecatomb.

Roster
Rogue
Cable
Sabertooth (to an extent)
Lady Mastermind
Omega Sentinel
Iceman
Cannonball
Mystique

X-factor is written by Peter David.

This is was slow for the first few issues but when it picked up it was genius. It deals more with the direct aftermath of HOM and Decimation. Located in Mutant town under the name of X-factor Investigations.

Madrox and his investigate what happened to the mutants of the world. They do find out later. This also deals with what happened to Quicksilver after HOM and Son Of M. Layla Miller is also there and is the best character in the book.

This is very noirish and very different from other X-books and adds major depth to Madrox's powers.

Roster
Madrox
Strong Guy
Wolfsbane
Rictor
M
Siren
Layla Miller

and New X-men is currently written by Craig Kyle & Chris Yost, who took over after HOM.

This deals with all the students of the school. From ones in Astonishing and Morrion's run to X-23 and others.

This was a decent title not really that great. More people liked it a lot more than me, but the current arc "Quest For Magik" has made this title amazing.

It's hard to choose a roster because of all that happens in it.

but some are Surge, Hellion, X-23, Dust, and David.

Last edited:
Never cared for Carey...Brubaker is great but I'm halfway through Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire and it's just OK...nothing spectacular.

Carey has done better with X-Men than anyone with a long time.

But for you, it's not saying much, since you're not a a big fan, though.

Because he's arguably the most interesting X-Man right now.

As much as I love Laura, Illyana, Kitty, Hank, Piotr, Karima, et all, they're all being written quite ****tily right now (yes, I made up a word, bite me, I'm on the phone with TimeWarner).

Timewarner? the company?

why do people think it will be Madrox?
Well, for one thing, he's been made into an utterly unimportant X-character who is the leading role of a group that has barely any effect on any other X-group. (Although X-Factor is a very well-written book...) Another thing is that his personality seems to fit the "Messiah" role very nicely. So if Madrox was killed, it would be fitting, and would not really have any effect on the X-Universe as a whole, leaving marvel to write another event (X-Men Disassembled?) that will actually have a meaning for the X-Universe.

Well, for one thing, he's been made into an utterly unimportant X-character who is the leading role of a group that has barely any effect on any other X-group. (Although X-Factor is a very well-written book...) Another thing is that his personality seems to fit the "Messiah" role very nicely. So if Madrox was killed, it would be fitting, and would not really have any effect on the X-Universe as a whole, leaving marvel to write another event (X-Men Disassembled?) that will actually have a meaning for the X-Universe.

In your Opnion anywho seeing as alot of people picked up the title after reading the very kickass Madrox mini .

In your Opnion anywho seeing as alot of people picked up the title after reading the very kickass Madrox mini .

Tell me how the events in X-Factor affect the rest of the X-Universe in the least...I'm not saying I don't love the title( it is one of my favs), I'm just saying its become unimportant in terms of events.

Beast seems to be becoming a very important character (he's researching mutants and stuff in Endangered Species, there was mentions of a Beast: Mythos-like oneshot, and rumours that Carey might be writing a Beast maxi series). So I chose Beast.

Latest posts

Back