One Year Later: What Are You Getting?

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
What upcoming OYL books do you plan to pick up?

I'm probably going to get:
Batman (once Morrison comes on)
Checkmate
Meltzer's JLA
Shadowpact

And I'm considering Superman and Ion.

What are you getting?

I think it's about time I started posting again...

I'm getting...
- Nightwing
- Robin
- Teen Titans
- Outsiders
- Ion
- I might get Supergirl, I'm a little hesitant...
- And I'll get the first arcs of Batman/Detective Comics and Superman/Action Comics, I'll decide if it's worth continuing with those sereis after that.

I'll also continue to pick up the All-Star titles, Infinite Crisis, and Batman: Year One Hundred (from the DC Universe at least).

I dont usually get comics, but if I did, I would get Batman and Superman cause I'm really curious to what happens to them

All the new 1's, anything ongoing with a good creative team, plus the stuff I normally get.

Batman
JLA
Supergirl
Teen Titans
Nightwing

probaly
Superman/Batman
Superman
Action Comics
Detective Comics
Green Arrow
Birds Of Prey

will check out
Ion
Checkmate
Six Secret
Shadowpact
Aquaman Sword Of Alantis
Supergirl and the L.E.G.I.O.N.
Battle For Bludhaven
Spectre
Blue Beetle

Last edited:
I didn't know Morrison was writing Batman - I'd check that out.

UltimateE said:
I didn't know Morrison was writing Batman - I'd check that out.
Right there with ya. Used to love Batman as a kid. If anyone would make me read that series, it'd be Morrison.

nope. i hate pimped out 70s batman.

i'm def. picking up 52. unfortunately, that'll cost a buttload of money, so that'll be the only DC book. maybe nightwing every now and then.

iceman said:
nope. i hate pimped out 70s batman.
I'm actually really happy that Morrison is doing the "Neal Adams, hairy-chested, love-god" Batman. I was recently re-reading Kingdom Come and I realized that I'm sort of sick of the doom and gloom, brooding Goth kid Batman, and I'd welcome more of a James Bond-ish, less psycho version of him. (like he is in Kingdom Come).

Blue Beetle
Batman
Detective Comics
JSA
Justice Leauge of America
Nightwing - Probabtionary
Robin - Probationary
Teen Titans
Outsiders - Probationary
Firestorm
Birds of Prey
Shadowpact
Green Lantern Corp - whenever it launches
Flash - Whenever it launches

I think I'm looking forward to 52 and Robinson/Morrison/Dini bat stories the most.
Battle for Bludhaven
Spector: Dead Again
Ion - Prohibitionary

EDIT: Okay, I was just reading one of the WonderCon panel updates and it said that Alan Scott is going to be the White King of Checkmate. I guess I have to add it to my pull list too since Alans probably one of my top 5 favorite DCU characters.

Last edited:
moonmaster said:
I'm actually really happy that Morrison is doing the "Neal Adams, hairy-chested, love-god" Batman. I was recently re-reading Kingdom Come and I realized that I'm sort of sick of the doom and gloom, brooding Goth kid Batman, and I'd welcome more of a James Bond-ish, less psycho version of him. (like he is in Kingdom Come).

Batman is still much closer to being crazy than to being pimped out in KC. He's moooore sane, yes, but I'm for that. I'm not for pimps.

Latest posts

Back