Opening This Weekend: August 9/11th -- Post Your Flicks and Discuss

Baxter said:
Is it wrong that out of all these movies Zoom is the one that intrests me the most?
Yes. Very wrong.

E.Vi.L. said:
Of course they survived, they acted as technical consultant on the movie!

Got paid 200 000$ for the right of their story, which is a nice little bonus for them (unless you are ridiculously anti-capitalist).
I guess I could stand to see it then. I was mostly just against the idea of watching two guys slowly die under the rubble of the World Trade towers.

ultimatedjf said:
"Sky High" > "Zoom."
A Jackhammer Colonoscopy > "Sky High", "Zoom", and any other ****ty kid superhero movie.

moonmaster said:
A Jackhammer Colonoscopy > "Sky High", "Zoom", and any other ****ty kid superhero movie.
True. Very true. I know it's stupid, but the prospect of having watch ****ty kid movies is one of the things I dread about having kids.

moonmaster said:

BWAHAHAHA!!! :lol:

This is so true on so many levels. Why the hell do they make crap like this???

ultimatedjf said:
"Sky High" is actually an amazing film....

Although there is nothing you could say to truly justify that horrible, horrible statement..............I am interested to see you try.

Last edited:
Ice said:
Because it's to entertain little kiddies, not you.
Kids shouldn't have to watch mindnumbing crap. I had to watch "Sharkboy and Lava Girl" with my cousins. I couldn't believe how terrible it was. Kids movies can actually be good, they just rarely are these days.

This brings up an interesting question for E. Do you get used to watching these crap movies that they make for little kids? Personally, I'd have to limit myself to one a month or I'd go nuts and start hurling things at the screen.

moonmaster said:
Kids shouldn't have to watch mindnumbing crap. I had to watch "Sharkboy and Lava Girl" with my cousins. I couldn't believe how terrible it was. Kids movies can actually be good, they just rarely are these days.
And from what you say there, it's YOU who think its crap. You're not the one meant to be entertained by it. So it comes to no shocker if you don't like them.

Last edited:
Ice said:
And from what you say there, it's YOU who think its crap. You're not the one meant to be entertained by it. So it comes to no shocker if you don't like them.
I agree with Moonie. These movies may entertain kids, but they're dumbing them down at the same time.

MaxwellSmart said:
I agree with Moonie. These movies may entertain kids, but they're dumbing them down at the same time.
Why? How? Because you think they are? It all sounds like its coming from your pov, not the kids who watch it.

Ice said:
Why? How? Because you think they are? It all sounds like its coming from your pov, not the kids who watch it.
You can't trust kids to make their own decisions. If we let kids do things because it made happy, no kid would live past the age of 10. It's a parent's responsibility to make guide there kids in the right direction when it comes to things like movies. I'm not saying we should be making kids watch the English Patient, but we should be pushing the intellectual bar of movies higher than Shark Boy and Lava Girl.

MaxwellSmart said:
You can't trust kids to make their own decisions. If we let kids do things because it made happy, no kid would live past the age of 10. It's a parent's responsibility to make guide there kids in the right direction when it comes to things like movies. I'm not saying we should be making kids watch the English Patient, but we should be pushing the intellectual bar of movies higher than Shark Boy and Lava Girl.
But these movies are just for entertainment, so the kids can have fun watching them. Most if not all have morals within them.

Kids shouldn't watch the same cliche, recycled garbage over and over again. Kids' movies should actually spark their imagination and show them things they've never seen before, not fart jokes and talking CGI animals.

An example of a great kids' movie: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I watched it so many times when I was little that I practically memorized the lines. And you know what's so great about it? It doesn't look like any other kids' movie I'd ever seen. The humor was wild and strange, and there was a real sense of danger and consequence. Spirited Away is another excellent movie that all kids should own. It's smart and it's original and it has 100 times more magic and wonder than any of the CGI ****fests that seem to come out every single week.

Last edited:
moonmaster said:
Spirited Away is another excellent movie that all kids should own.

I'm not sure I agree with this for the simple reason that I think its too complex to be a kids' movie. I don't think I would've loved it as much if I'd seen it at too young an age(I think I was 14 whwn I saw it).

It's smart and it's original and it has 100 times more magic and wonder than any of the CGI ****fests that seem to come out every single week.

Seem to?

Latest posts

Back