Original Sin Event (Aaron/Deodato Jr)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
MARVEL'S 2014 EVENT ANNOUNCED: AARON AND DEODATO'S "ORIGINAL SIN"

ORIGSIN2014001011scol-copy-black-6e87a.jpg

I don't like that there is a "2014 event". Just tell good stories and don't worry about mandating events.

That said, it looks interesting at least and I like the art. So....I'm in.

Again with the promotion of character deaths. JUST TELL ME A GOOD STORY. If someone dies in it that's fine, but stop trying to shock me into liking your comics because you temporarily get rid of characters.
Seconded. They take the fun and surprise out those moments.

So are we going to talk about that last page of #3?

I hate that Marvel's hype machine has caused me to become cynical to the point that I automatically assume that's a Life Model Decoy or something like that, but regardless it was pretty amazing.

Man, this is easily the best event in a LONG time. The main book has been rocking it (PUNISHER AND ROCKET RACCOON!!!!) and even the tie-ins have been mostly good so far. The Art Adams inter-locking variants are done by the way.

Man, this is easily the best event in a LONG time. The main book has been rocking it (PUNISHER AND ROCKET RACCOON!!!!) and even the tie-ins have been mostly good so far. The Art Adams inter-locking variants are done by the way.
This is something we definitely agree on. What's better is that it even has repercussions for all of Marvel U. instead of select heroes and what not.

This is something we definitely agree on. What's better is that it even has repercussions for all of Marvel U. instead of select heroes and what not.

I couldn't agree more. I'm usually against the whole "there was something from the past that we didn't tell you. UNTIL NOW!" trope but they've been really good at making sure they have big effects (like Nova's dad for instance (although there's clearly more going on there)). Also it has THE ORB!

Original Sins #5 was kind of interesting. It was revealed that
Dum Dum Dugan has been dead since, like, the 60s and that everything since has been a series of life model decoys. Fury kept bringing him back because he was his friend. Dugan gets mad and commits suicide.

I wasn't reading Original Sins but I caught up after hearing something significant happens in #5...it's actually not to bad. There are some pretty good humorous stories, particularly the one by Chip Zdarsky in #5.

Latest posts

Back