other members?

You know...looking at that list, I can't really see anyone who really jumps out and screams me! me! me! - at least not in the context of the sainted Mr. Millar's vision of the Ultimates.

Black Panther might make sense to show up every so often, though perhaps as something other than the prince of some makey-uppey African culture. Though...perhaps. Imagine a guy who was the child of an upper class Tutsi family in Rwanda or Uganda. His family was massacred in war; he now lives in poverty in New York. But there is some strange power in his family line...and Fury finds out, and finds him. That might work.

No one else really appeals...

(Though maybe one or two could find themselves in the UK Ultimates or something... Black Knight reimagined in the same way as Hawkeye was in the Ultimates...dunno).

EXCEPT...

Dr. Druid
Hellcat
et al

An Ultimate Universe blood n' guts horror series written by Warren Ellis (considering the genius he unleashed on these characters in the old Hellstorm universe).

I know many of you don't want magic in the Ultimates universe; I am rather fond of it, but I think you could come up with something cool without importing over the huge 616 "marvel cosmology" (which can get pretty daft at times).

Imagine all these characters are mutants and their powers make evil human fantasies come to life - The sleep of reason creates monsters. Perhaps the Hellstorm family has always believed that they are magicians capable of opening the way to hell: they aren't; they are reaching into people's vile little ugly unconscious secrets and those powers leak out.

You could all sorts of fun with that.

Gavin

longshotjimlee said:
Firestar is a mutant who possesses the superhuman ability to project microwave energy, which she can utilize in different ways. Microwaves are comparatively short waves of electromagnetic energy. Firestar continually absorbs microwave energy from her environment, including microwave energy from the stars, and continually broadcasts it at low levels.

In order to use her microwave energy for specific purposes, Firestar must mentally concentrate, thus causing the microwaves to swirl about her body, creating a visible aura around her. In order to project the microwave energy towards a specific target, she must mentally "push" some of the energy swirling around her towards that target.

At present Firestar is still in the process of learning how to use her powers. Moreover, she is still quite young, and the strength of her powers will surely increase as she reaches adulthood. Hence, the full extent of Firestar's powers has yet to be determined.

Firestar can use her microwave energy to generate intense heat. At this point she can already melt a metal object the size of a cannon almost instantly. She has flown towards a thick wall of solid rock and melted through it so quickly that she could continue flying right through the hole she had melted without pausing.

By mentally "pushing" microwave energy behind or beneath herself for propulsion, Firestar can fly. Her maximum speed has yet to be established, but she can already fly quite swiftly and maneuver in flight quite well. She can generate enough propulsive force to carry considerable weights to great heights at high speed. For example, she has carried Colossus, in his metal-like form, which weighs 500 pounds, high into the air.

Although microwave energy can be lethal to ordinary humans, Firestar is apparently immune to its harmful effects.

Also good for making soup.

Or blowing up cats.

Er...so I've heard. :oops:

longshotjimlee said:
UltieE, are you responsible for the Spider-man / BlackCat mini series never being completed? :twisted:

No, but it's funny you should mention that, because I heard that Kevin Smith actually has the scripts finished, but he forgot them in his microwave.

Shouldn't FireStar microwaves power be useless against metal? You should never put metal in the microwave oven, in Gremlins 2 they did it and it exploded.

erm... that's the point of her power...

I don't think she was brought into the Marvel Universe as a Super hero to warm up pizza slices.

Latest posts

Back