Pages from Ultimate X-Men #69 revealed

the watcher

I found 6 pics from Ultimate X-Men #69 (sorry no word balloons).

Faced with a power quickly becoming too much to handle and a cult that thinks she's a cosmic god, could Jean Grey actually be turning into Ultimate Phoenix? Ultimate X-Men #69 kicks off the three-part "Phoenix" story arc where the mystery behind Jean Grey begins to unravel.

Plus, the mysterious mutant known as the Magician has been pulled into the world of the X-Men. But is he actually a wolf in disguise? Only Kitty Pryde suspects but by the time she discovers the Magician's true motives, it may be too late.

uxm69.jpg

uxm692.jpg

uxm693.jpg

uxm694.jpg

uxm695.jpg

uxm698.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Preview of Ultimate X-Men #69

If the Magician has short red hair, and "supposedly" he's in USM, but there it's long blonde hair (like Angels), someone got something wrong somewhere (and I dont mean DIrishB).

Hey, if you look at the last pic. you can see the picture that was in Fury's office in Harlem shown in Ultimate Wolverine Vs. Hulk #1.

Indeed........do we know if all this is taking place prior to Hulk Vs Wolverine? Perhaps this is "the call". :?

Hell of a lot better than Raney.

the watcher said:
Hey, if you look at the last pic. you can see the picture that was in Fury's office in Harlem shown in Ultimate Wolverine Vs. Hulk #1.
I recall in Magnetic North, Logan forcing Fury to do something about a misssion he did for him, but who knows.

Interpretation of phone call between Logan & Fury:

Logan: "Hey Nick, didja see that???"

Fury:
"HELL YEAH!!! X-Men: The Last Stand going to kick some serious ***!! Now I gotta go & catch The Boondocks on Adult Swim!

Oh yeah, you gotta kill Hulk! LATER!!!"

Last edited:
I believe it was Angel visiting the X-Men in USM, he and the Magician is starting to look less and less alike.

Looks like this takes place before UW vs. H. Logan is even wearing the same outfit, and they'll be less focus on him for the next arc.

roguefan said:
Anyone think that Nick Fury puts the Magician into the X-Men to spy on them and alert him of their plans?
Nope.

And I only put "nope" because messages have to be at least four characters long, meaning "no" wasn't an option.

It's entirely possible. I do remember seeing a picture where the Magician escaped from Fury by blowing up in his face, but who knows? Perhaps he's there to start trouble between SHIELD and the X-Men.

The art looks really good in my opinion. Kind of reminiscent of Immonen and the artist who did the Syndicate issue combined. I like that.

Random said:
I recall in Magnetic North, Logan forcing Fury to do something about a misssion he did for him, but who knows.

Ya, but I think he was talking about what happened in the New Mutants arc. When Wolverine had to kill that kid in the cave. I think Fury really sent him to do that not Xaiver, or maybe it was both. You know like in Ultimate Spider-Man in the Hollywood arc near the end. Fury says: "It's difficult to know exactly what will keep this country safe in the long run." I think Fury sent Wolverine, to kill that kid to keep every thing in check.

Hey, here are a few things to keep track of... Xavier is walking in a few of the panels. Either he's capable of walking again or the Magician has the ability to walk on the atral plane alongside Jean and the Professor.

And also, could those two people be the Magician's parents?

Last edited:
Goodwill said:
Hey, here are a few things to keep track of... Xavier is walking in a few of the panels. Either he's capable of walking again or the Magician has the ability to walk on the atral plane alongside Jean and the Professor.
And Jean is there, too, meaning that's a meeting in the mind. Not saying Xavier can't have one on his own or anything, that is.

Goodwill said:
And also, could those two people be the Magician's parents?
I'm thinking they are.

Last edited:
Dang, you beat me to the mind-part. Yeah, they're sitting next to his head and suddenly Xavier is walking? Definitely a mindwalk through the Magician's head.

Ice said:
If the Magician has short red hair, and "supposedly" he's in USM, but there it's long blonde hair (like Angels), someone got something wrong somewhere (and I dont mean DIrishB).
Are you thinking of Geldoff? The guy who made stuff explode (especially cars and the X-Wing).

UltimateSpiderBuggy said:
Are you thinking of Geldoff? The guy who made stuff explode (especially cars and the X-Wing).
Um...no. I was talking about the guy in USM #90.

Latest posts

Back