Pan's Labyrinth

So yeah....I rented the film.

Even on fast-forward the film couldn't end quick enough. Even the fantasy portions of the film were boring. Visually beautiful---yes. But still boring.

And the topper?

IT'S ALL IN SPANISH! So now I'm bored and reading something other than my new comics? Thanks Torro. Gimme my 2 hours back.

So yeah....I rented the film.

Even on fast-forward the film couldn't end quick enough. Even the fantasy portions of the film were boring. Visually beautiful---yes. But still boring.

And the topper?

IT'S ALL IN SPANISH! So now I'm bored and reading something other than my new comics? Thanks Torro. Gimme my 2 hours back.

:cry:

I saw Pan's Labyrinth (2006). I thought this was a rare and outstanding fantasy movie. 10/10.

Before this I saw Blade II (2002) with the the royal tragedy, some worthwhile villains and good fighting, and the romantic sunrise ending, which I thought worked very well; and I saw Hellboy (2004) with Ron Perlman's outstanding performance in the title role and Kroenen the clockwork ninja Nazi. Those were good movies, and I'll gladly go see more like them.

But Pan's Labyrinth (2006) was much better: more serious, more thought through, and minus the wriggling slimy tentacles and other stuff that I think is supposed to be funny but which doesn't work for me.

It doesn't rely on big screen sound and spectacle, so it should be OK on DVD, if you wait for it to be a reasonable price.

I would have liked this a lot more if it didn't require me to read the movie, instead of watch it. I am a fast reader and I know I sound really ignorant by not wanting to read the subtitles, but damn... this is a movie, not a book.

My sister and I turned it off after the frog vomited up it's own stomach.

I would have liked this a lot more if it didn't require me to read the movie, instead of watch it. I am a fast reader and I know I sound really ignorant by not wanting to read the subtitles, but damn... this is a movie, not a book.

hm. thats how most of us have to see all of our movies, so dont cry :p

I don't understand this at all. :?

I believe the point he's trying to make is that the movie has a lot more subtitles to read than a normal one might have, which would distract you from looking at the movie since you're focusing on reading the essays they're putting up.

Fair enough.

I saw it on an airplane and almost cried, it was so powerful. Subtitles didn't bother my enjoyment of it at all.

I don't even notice subtitles after a few minutes of reading them.

How have you made it through 5+ episodes of Jin and Sun on LOST?

The difference between a 42 minute long episode with Korean AND English compared to a 120 minute plus movie with only Spanish is quite different.

Isn't that how you watched Death note though?

Yes, but I was only watching an episode every so often. Plus, Death Note was actually interesting.

O______o

Okay....

O_______________0_____________o

I believe the point he's trying to make is that the movie has a lot more subtitles to read than a normal one might have, which would distract you from looking at the movie since you're focusing on reading the essays they're putting up.

Pretty much. I think the movie would have interested me much more if more of it was in English.

Latest posts

Back