Paul Pope's Batman: Year 100.

Friday

Okay, I know most of us are n't even going to look in this thread, but for the 5 of us that do follow intresting projects this is one to check out.

Paul Pope is doing a long form Batman mini set in the year 2039. And it sounds damn good. The art samples in the artilce, found HERE looks beautifly rough, and the storyline sounds excellent. The only mistep was compairing it to V, wich is untouchable, in my humble opinion.

"It's like we live in a comic book world without superheroes for real," Pope continued. "That's our world now. I wanted to try to find a way to bring a superhero fully conscious of himself as a superhero to this world and see how he could be updated. Recently four bombs went off in London. Our world is dangerous. It's frightening. I want to respond to that."

Baxter said:
Okay, I know most of us are n't even going to look in this thread, but for the 5 of us that do follow intresting projects this is one to check out.

Paul Pope is doing a long form Batman mini set in the year 2039. And it sounds damn good. The art samples in the artilce, found HERE looks beautifly rough, and the storyline sounds excellent. The only mistep was compairing it to V, wich is untouchable, in my humble opinion.
Paul Pope describing his Batman mini as "an American response to V for Vendetta"?

I don't think that's a mistep so much as intentional hyperbolic self-promotion on his part, which is just par for the course when you're talking about Paul Pope.

8zh4zk.jpg

Man's got some pretty badass boots on there.

Batman:Year One Hundred

BATMAN: YEAR ONE HUNDRED #1
Written by Paul Pope
Art and cover by Pope
Acclaimed writer/illustrator Paul Pope (SOLO, 100%) delivers a startling four-issue miniseries set in Gotham City in the year 2039! Detective Gordon, grandson of Commissioner Jim Gordon, is baffled when a Federal agent is found murdered on his beat. The investigation gets darker when the prime suspect is a man without an identity, a man who shouldn't exist-the Batman! Here begins a mystery of epic proportions, a century in the making!
On sale February 15 o 1 of 4 o 48 pg, FC, $5.99 US Edited by Bob Schreck

This looks really good....

check out a preview here ->CBR

Re: Batman:Year One Hundred

The involvement of Paul Pope alone is enough to guarantee that I'll pick up the first issue of this series, at least.

And unlike other "indie" artists who cross over into "mainstream" or "iconic" titles, his work is actually enhanced by the history and continuity, because it demands that his storytelling is less, er, needlessly wanky (for lack of a better phrase) than it normally is.

His issue of SOLO is probably my favorite thing he's done, and if the all-too-brief Batman story there is any indication of what he's capable of, this seems very promising indeed. (His take on the old-school Buddy Blank OMAC was just unreal!)

After checking out the preview, all I can say is...

:rockon:

(and that is an emoticon I use VERY sparingly)

Last edited:
Isn't that like... every new title?
no...i like the sound of this (most books i don't), but i'll probobly be dissapointed so i'm saying if the first issue sucks i won't get anymore...this will continue, until the series ends, or there's a sucky issue released

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back