Personal Comic Questions

iceman said:
Outside of your top five list, give us three indie comics everyone should try out.
Escapist.

Dude.....totally with you on that one. I've read a couple previous issues and loved 'em. I read BKV's #0 and am hooked. Can't wait for August!!! :rockon:

Victor Von Doom said:
Fine---you want credit for everything. :roll:

BTW---thanks for electricity. :p

My pleasure, son.

I'm officially plotting an Ultimates/Authority crossover. :oops: I couldn't help it. It's unnofficially titled "Ultimates/Authority: Junction". It'll be 3 issues.

moonmaster said:
I'm officially plotting an Ultimates/Authority crossover. :oops: I couldn't help it. It's unnofficially titled "Ultimates/Authority: Junction". It'll be 3 issues.

Goody. I've done the same thing before, but got bored with it. It involved The Doctor turning Plastic Man into a condom, Apollo wasting Superman in the face with Kryptonite etc.

There's a guy who did some art for his own one, let me find it.

EDIT: http://authority.herochronicle.com/fan/art2.htm - it's in there somewhere.

Last edited:
ProjectX2 said:
Goody. I've done the same thing before, but got bored with it. It involved The Doctor turning Plastic Man into a condom, Apollo wasting Superman in the face with Kryptonite etc.

There's a guy who did some art for his own one, let me find it.

EDIT: http://authority.herochronicle.com/fan/art2.htm - it's in there somewhere.
I thought about doing mine as a comic but my art skills aren't good enough. Still, neither the Authority nor the Ultimates are very well-suited for any type of non-visual stories. The fight scenes will be hell to write.

Rank your top five favorite comics currently coming out.
1. Ultimates
2. Civil War (and shiny tie-ins)
3. UFF
4. Moon Knight
5. X-factor

What comic-book is in dire need of fixing and why?
Im gonna say right now it would be UXM, the magician story has been pretty weak, and the most recent art has been ugly (the cover to UXM 73 is my least favorate ultimate cover ever). Did anyone else notice how poor the colors have been too? in 73, cyclops' gloves change color about 6 times.

Which character is most deserving of his or her own comic book?
um, obviously iron fist (but, oh wait, thats coming!)

What character team-up would you love to see in comics?
Multiple Man and Moon Knight would be fun.

What creator team-up would you love to see in comics?
peter david and brian hitch

Outside of your top five list, give us three indie comics everyone should try out.
v for vendetta is really the only 'indie' thing ive read.

... and V For Vendetta is DC Vertigo. :lol:

- Planetary
- Nextwave
- Fables
- Fell

Since everyone else has said the obvious one, let me go out of the way to say that Ultimate X-Men needs a tune-up of its own... As much as I loved BKV's run on the title, it definitely spun the characters away from their more militaristic backgrounds... I think the teenage angst could be done well, but what the series is missing is hard hitting socio-political commentary that can only be done in a series starring walking allegories. Hell, they've even got a Gay Russian Ex-Mobster dating the son of the Canadian Representative from the UN! There is SO much just sitting there waiting to be explored, and since millar left it has sort of just sat. BKV did a great job exploring the human side, but kept the series to its roots in suspense, Kirkman is taking it too far. I hope his run picks up, as I love his work in Invincible and Walking Dead...

Hm...The Question. Hands-down.

Bigby Wolf and Batman. Elseworlds of course... but yeah.

Warren Ellis with Dave McKean. Just think for a moment the sort of comic that could emmerge from their collaboration...

- Scott Pilgrim
- Strangers in Paradise
- Hero Squared

Bump....

1. Punisher MAX
2. Daredevil
3. Y - The Last Man
4. Fables
5. Checkmate

It's still USM. It's time to face facts people---this book is dying quicker than a K-Fed's rap sales.

I orginally said Black Adam back when 52 was really hot. But the title has all but fizzled out. I'd say The Question is due for a solid mystery series written by Brubaker.

Aside from my Punisher/Fury team-up....none. They just come off as forced. I think the recent Young Avengers/Runaways proved that theory.

While I'd still slit throats for a Millar/Turner - Ultimate Cap America mini.....I'd also maim for a Bendis/Lenil Yu on Luke Cage

The Goon
Sidekick
Cross Bronx

1. Power Pack
2. Civil War
3. Else world's finest
4. Daredevil
5. Ultimate Spider-Man
Dunno know. I think they all kick but.

Val Richards. I like the concept of her chracter.
[
B]What character team-up would you love to see in comics?[/B]
Cable and Punisher. That would be kick but.

Bendis and Bryan Hitch. With Hitch's art, and Bendis's writing skill, it would be pretty cool.

Nick Fury's Howling Commando's{Check your comic book stores back-issue section}

1. Punisher MAX
2. Ghost Rider
3. Ultimates
4. Cable & Deadpool
5. Daredevil

Turner D. Century!!!!!!

Street Fighter II - i only pick up the trades of street fighter but they are sooooo rockin!

i couldnt answer every question as im still thinkin on them. some real brain-rackin questions to get through

not read every issue of these but my list:
Ultimate Spider-man
Ultimate X-men
Star Wars comics
Ultimates
buffy comics

616 Spider-man. He should not of unmasked PERIOD

Ultimate Venom! (just because i'm a fanboy)

Spike and Venom! two rival companys do the comics but damn if that would not kick ***

Joss Whedon - writer
Alex Ross - art

Judge dredd 2000ad
Simpsons comics
Transformers
Viz (LOL who does not like viz with stuff like the fat slags , sid the sexest ect...)
Spike vs Dracula

5. Y: the Last Man
4. Runaways
3. Daredevil
2. X Factor
1. Fables

There are a lot of comics I could mention here, but most of them are too far gone to be saved. I will say this though; for the first 20 or 30 issues, Exiles was one of the best books I've ever read. Since Winick's departure, none of the writers have managed to adequately capture that whole 'ongoing What If...?' vibe the series had. This was a series that had literally endless potential, and what do we get? Far too many visits to pre-established continuities, dire mistakes in the roster, a pink palace and talking bugs? And now Claremont comes on board and brings Psylocke with him. Christ.

There are two current minis that are making me very giddy right now, and I'd love to see them become ongoings: Dr Strange, and the Agents of Atlas.

Fallen Angel and Punisher. Don't ask why.

Brian K Vaughan and James Jean.

Hero Squared
Fallen Angel
7 Brothers

Admittedly, none of them are really 'indie', but they all deserve to be more in the spotlight.

5. 52
4. Batman
3. Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E.
2. Punisher MAX
1. Seven Soldiers of Victory (Hey, they're still putting out the trades)

Last time I said Ultimate Spider-Man. This time I say the entire Ultimate Universe.

When I first joined UC I loved the Ultimate line, but that love has certainly turned sour. USM is a big cluster****, and UXM just doesn't interest me at all. Millar lost me when he took the UFF into zaney, super-science territory. The constant delays have seriously hurt my enjoyment of The Ultimates (A series which I once loved with incredible passion) and completely destroyed any interest that I had in Ultimate Wolverine VS Hulk. Ultimate Power just looks like more **** and the whole thing is beginning to depress me.

The Ultimate Universe is a brilliant idea, but I fear that its on its last legs. If it weren't for UC, I'd just suggest finally bringing the UU to it's conclusion. But Marvel is still making money and it doesn't look like they're going to scrap it any time soon, so I think it's time for a makeover. Earlier in this thread, there was talk about Morrison's ideas for the UU that were supposedly "too brilliant to print". At this point, the UU really needs something like that.

I still say the Question.

Anyone from Seven Soldiers (If not their own team book).

Authority/Ultimates would still be crazy-fun.

Nextwave and any serious superhero team. I think The Avengers, The X-Men or The FF meeting up with Nextwave and having to work with them would be absolutely hilarious. Think of all the humor that could come of that.

J.H. Williams III and...anyone, really. Perhaps the most talented and versatile artist working in comics. I want to see him draw everything.

:roll: Indie books are for smart people.

1. Jonah Hex
2. Daredevil
3. The Walking Dead
4. Casanova
5. Criminal

All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder. By all rights this should be an amazing comic and its total crap that never comes out. All parties involved have, can, and should do better.

Shazam. Hopefully them mini will do well enough.

Captain Marvel/Thor. Both the classic versions. I really want to see the scene where Dr. Blake and Billy see each other for the first time.

Still hasn't changed. Warren Ellis, Phil Hester, Andy Parks on Green Lantern Corp.

1. The Goon
2. Invincible
3. Desolation Jones

Bump....again for the 07!

1. Punisher MAX
2. Fables
3. Nightly News
4. Astonishing X-Men
5. Newuniversal

Oh there are so many right now that it's hard to pick just one. But if I had to...I'd say "Heroes For Hire". The recent "hentai tenticale rape" cover is the last warm Zima at the bottom of the barrel. Do they still make Zima? God that was a bad drink....crap...I'm rambling.

But seriously, they took a great concept and instead of running it into the ground---they just went a whole other direction and ruined it. Get the book back to it's "Daughters of the Dragon" roots. And fast. Please.

Bucky the Winter Soldier. Telling the tale of redemption as Bucky travels the world in search to find himself and piece together the lost pieces of his life. Written by Brubaker and illustrated Deodato of course.

Maybe another Runaways/Loners team-up by CB Cebulski and drawn by Skottie Young.

Aside from what I said before......Khari Evans and BKV on some kinda project. Maybe a Mike Oeming/Travis Foreman mini on Ultimate Thor's origin on how he came to Earth (pre-Ultimates). Or maybe a Tarantino/Bendis "Pulp Fiction" mini drawn by Karl Moline.

Nightly News
Scalped
Criminal

Latest posts

Back