Peter´s secret identity no secret anymore? (#65 spoilers)

They know. Peter wouldn't have left the room if it was an inside conversation. I'm pretty sure that they know... The conversation where MJ and Peter were outside revealed that Peter didn't care if they knew. They know that they know. Simple as that.

C'mon, I gave you enough evidence... If you want more, look at the panel where MJ is looking at Peter stunned about her little slip up. In the back, Liz, too, is at attention and looking at Peter.

Goodwill said:
They know. Peter wouldn't have left the room if it was an inside conversation. I'm pretty sure that they know... The conversation where MJ and Peter were outside revealed that Peter didn't care if they knew. They know that they know. Simple as that.

I dont think that conversation outside revealed that. It only revealed that he wasnt mad at her for slipping up. Yeah it could have revealed the identity to Liz and kong but i think that thier lack of a reaction after he left the room showed that they didnt pick up on it. I mean cmon if you realized that the dork next to you was spiderman you would react alittle more then "oh we can leave?"

Only time (or next issue) will tell though

Blacksword said:
Spidey has a healing factor. It doesn't work anywhere near the level of Wolverine's but it's well established. It's a basic property of the Oz formula (which is why Osborn after injecting himself with it up to his eyeballs is nearly unstoppable).

Oh yeah, that´s right. I forgot. In fact, most of Marvels superheroes seems to have SOME kind of healing factor, considering how fast they get better after getting some clobbering time.

Maybe they didn´t catch up on it, but they really should have, considering what MJ said and Peter´s reaction. But as has been said - we´ll have to wait and see what happens.

Personally though, I really think it would be exciting if the rumor mill started at Midtown High, and Peter started getting accused of being Spider-man. I´m not saying that this should be the main event of an arc or anything, but maybe as an ongoing substory.

supermusli said:
Maybe they didn´t catch up on it, but they really should have, considering what MJ said and Peter´s reaction. But as has been said - we´ll have to wait and see what happens.

Personally though, I really think it would be exciting if the rumor mill started at Midtown High, and Peter started getting accused of being Spider-man. I´m not saying that this should be the main event of an arc or anything, but maybe as an ongoing substory.

I disagree. I think that some of the fun of peter being spiderman is having normal problems and people constantly underestamating him. If everyone started to think that he is spiderman at the very least they would stop underestimating him and then he starts to have a whole new set of problems, kinda turning into a celebrity. Peter should never be that, he should always be the quiet guy in the corner that people overlook and underestimate. It makes it that much more exciting when he puts on his mask.

Although i think he has done great things with revealing murdock's identity in 616 i think spideys should remain as much of a secret as possible.

That sounds like a pretty original idea. A person being widely rumored to be a superhero, but always denying it, and having to work that much harder to not give it all away. It would be so much more difficult to explain how they always disappeared when the hero showed up and stuff, but it can't actually be confirmed without him being seen putting on his costume or seeing him unmasked. It would be difficult to write, me thinks, and I'm not sure Spider-Man's the right character for it, but it's an interesting concept. Unless it's been done (and I'm not talking a small plot point, but an ongoing substory as Supermusli said), but I have no knowledge of a story like this.

yeah i agree that it is a good idea btw just not for spider-man

Peter may not even care about his secret identity to the public, but rather his Aunt May. He'll get Wolverine to help him to clean up that small mess so that May won't get hurt because, really, protecting who he loves is probably on the top of his priority list. We'll see, though. It would work and it would continue Peter's decision to not continue as Spider-Man. I'm saying Wolverine suiting up may just be a clean up thing so that he could live a peaceful life. That is, of course, until he decides to suit up again.

Probably the later. Though SPidey and Wolverine team-ups are always hillarious (if written well).

I really hope its not because it's Wolverine's anniversary, because the entire month is devoted to him. He's in almost every marvel Comics released and its really annoying.

I really hope its not because it's Wolverine's anniversary

Without knowing the context he'll be used in, of course, I would almost bet that it is.

Yes, and the fact that Wolverine needs to repay Spider-Man... Peter would naturally run for him. He couldn't get anyone else to do it. I mean. MJ wouldn't fit the part.

Right, she's a chick. I was just pointing out that Wolverine is the closest hero to Spider-Man in terms of the ones that know him and it would only be right for Peter to ask him first. 30th Anniversary or not, it makes more sense than, say, Captain America stopping by, although, that would be more entertaining!

I get the feeling that Kong will be the only one that it means anything to. And hopefully like other people have already said, the Human Torch will "take the heat" off Pete :p

Latest posts

Back