Peter´s secret identity no secret anymore? (#65 spoilers)

I'd like to see the hugh-school cast develop further. Having Kong and Liz share in Peter's secret might actually be quite awesome.
Still, it feels like something essential is missing, without Gwen.

Yes, Black Cat, welcome! Keep that avatar around for a while... I think it's BOSS ;)!

Anyway, you're absolutely right, Ricky, they might throw out the idea of Peter being Spider-Man just because they have a celebrity at their school, you know? Very good thought.

Something essential is a supporting cast, here, Ricky. We don't have much of one without Gwen and Harry, truth be told. MJ and Aunt May serve their purpose but there should be others, like Flash, JJJ, and Eddie Brock, that bring more to the table for Peter, you know? Maybe not just trouble, but other things such as a father figure (JJJ... Although unlikely), an unlikely friend (Flash... It looks to be turning into this), and a rival (Eddie). You know, something like that.

Anyway, you're absolutely right, Ricky, they might throw out the idea of Peter being Spider-Man just because they have a celebrity at their school, you know? Very good thought.

Yes, I agree that's a good thought as well. I mean, when you have someone like the Human Torch at your school, all you can think of is, "Spider-who?" :lol:

icemastertron said:
I mean, when you have someone like the Human Torch at your school, all you can think of is, "Spider-who?" :lol:

Exactly! I always liked that about the 616-version of Spider-man. He´s not a big time superhero compared to the mega celebrities like FF or the Avengers. He´s not global or cosmic, just a friendly neighbourhood superhero, doing his best. I´m glad that this is true about the Ultimate version also...

Still, I would like to se more of the supporting cast. They MAKE this comic!

Yeah, you are right about that... I always wondered if Spider-Man made the news in San Fransisco or London, but, really, now that you mention it, I don't think so. Sure, maybe the first couple of appearances, but since he is so exclusive to the New York City area (New Jersey and Brazil, too) he's not that big of a deal. Now, the Ultimates and the Fantastic Four... That's a different story.

Yes, the supporting characters do make the title, only Bendis is thinning that roster out. I don't know why, but he's making them disappear before our very eyes.

Yes, the supporting characters do make the title, only Bendis is thinning that roster out. I don't know why, but he's making them disappear before our very eyes.

Hope he doesn't take out anyone who is a good supporting character.

Yes... I sure miss Gwen.

Hopefully, the guest appearences by Wolverine and Johnny Storm will take place and have effects in Peter Parker´s life, and not only "on the rooftops" battling a villain. At least for Johnny there seems to be a good chance of that, since he will be at Peter´s school.

Goodwill said:
Yeah, you are right about that... I always wondered if Spider-Man made the news in San Fransisco or London, but, really, now that you mention it, I don't think so. Sure, maybe the first couple of appearances, but since he is so exclusive to the New York City area (New Jersey and Brazil, too) he's not that big of a deal. Now, the Ultimates and the Fantastic Four... That's a different story.

I agree. Spider-man is probably at least known around the world, he seems to be in Brazil for example. But he probably doesn´t make the headlines every day other than in New York. The Ultimates fight with the Hulk got released on DVD, and the X-men were on japanese television. Compared to those guys, Spider-man is probably something of a B-class celebrity.

Well, if you were to say all that stuff about the Ultimates, for instance the DVD, we could say some things about Spider-Man's celebrity.

For one, he was a wrestling sensation that had a huge merchandising campaign in his day... One of Colossus' relatives had an action figure of his and Shadowcat said she has posters up in her room of him.

Also there was that whole movie about Spider-Man based on the Spider-Man 2 movie.. remember the hollywood storyline.. thats gota be big in their universe..

Bludd_Rush said:
That sounds like a pretty original idea. A person being widely rumored to be a superhero, but always denying it, and having to work that much harder to not give it all away. It would be so much more difficult to explain how they always disappeared when the hero showed up and stuff, but it can't actually be confirmed without him being seen putting on his costume or seeing him unmasked. It would be difficult to write, me thinks, and I'm not sure Spider-Man's the right character for it, but it's an interesting concept. Unless it's been done (and I'm not talking a small plot point, but an ongoing substory as Supermusli said), but I have no knowledge of a story like this.

Have you read Superman: Secret Identity?
I flipped through it in the shop, but it's far beyond my expense limit right now.
It's written by Kurt Busiak and drawn By Stuart Immonem.
It's about a young boy from Kansas, who was called "Clark Kent" by his parents, who's spent his whole life living with Superman-jokes (because of his name), and who finally finds out he actually has the powers of Superman. Jokes about him being Superman start circling the very day he is first seen using his power.
Or so was my impression, from what I have scanned over.

Yeah, I wouldn't say that it is completely original, however, I do feel it is an interesting story that is not often done, especially by Bendis. You can be sure to expect good things out of him.

Ricky said:
Bludd_Rush said:
That sounds like a pretty original idea. A person being widely rumored to be a superhero, but always denying it, and having to work that much harder to not give it all away. It would be so much more difficult to explain how they always disappeared when the hero showed up and stuff, but it can't actually be confirmed without him being seen putting on his costume or seeing him unmasked. It would be difficult to write, me thinks, and I'm not sure Spider-Man's the right character for it, but it's an interesting concept. Unless it's been done (and I'm not talking a small plot point, but an ongoing substory as Supermusli said), but I have no knowledge of a story like this.

Have you read Superman: Secret Identity?
I flipped through it in the shop, but it's far beyond my expense limit right now.
It's written by Kurt Busiak and drawn By Stuart Immonem.
It's about a young boy from Kansas, who was called "Clark Kent" by his parents, who's spent his whole life living with Superman-jokes (because of his name), and who finally finds out he actually has the powers of Superman. Jokes about him being Superman start circling the very day he is first seen using his power.
Or so was my impression, from what I have scanned over.

Ricky can you tell me more about this? This sounds like something I might be interested in. Has it been collected in TPB yet?

UltimateE said:
Ricky can you tell me more about this? This sounds like something I might be interested in. Has it been collected in TPB yet?

It comes out in November. :D

I wonder how Ricky was able to flip through it then.... :D

Is it an ongoing or a mini or what?

Latest posts

Back