Planetary

I've read Planetary in trades, so I'm assuming it'll be another six years before the last volume comes out.

No, I'm just kidding, I know it'll be longer than that.

Last edited:
The first couple of pages showcase how the Planetary organisation has already affected the world, which is pretty kick-***.

This isn't a 'finale', though. It's really just an epilogue. Tying up the fate of Ambrose Chase. That's all. And it's a satisfying send-off. A tense yet serene goodbye to the series.

I love Planetary. What a wonderful experience this comic has been.

The time machine concept blew my mind.

I actually already knew about that because it's a similar concept to that "explaining time travel through stirring coffee" video Bass posted and Houde rambled about. It's a good idea though; imagine turning a machine on and hundreds of thousands of dead bodies just appearing. It's like the next Roland Emmerich movie.

Yeah, when I read the issue (totally before you guys, btw) I was reminded of that concept, and I felt it was used really well in this issue (which I totally read before any of you, btw).

I loved this issue. Wasn't it a great way to end the series.

Incidentally, I read this before any of you.

Yeah, when I read the issue (totally before you guys, btw) I was reminded of that concept, and I felt it was used really well in this issue (which I totally read before any of you, btw).

I loved this issue. Wasn't it a great way to end the series.

Incidentally, I read this before any of you.

There is a reason why people don't like you.

#27 was great. Very Miracleman in how they took Dowling's notes and inventions to better the world. Great adaption without being an outright ripoff.

And in saving Ambrose, Elijah basically created the concept of time travel and countless alternate realities. Whoa. Deep.

Loved it.

There is a reason why people don't like you.

Is it because I read Planetary #27 before you?

I think this confirms once and for all that Bass is a Nazi Lizard-Monster.

I prefer to think of myself as "Cartman-esque".

#27 was great. Very Miracleman in how they took Dowling's notes and inventions to better the world. Great adaption without being an outright ripoff.

And in saving Ambrose, Elijah basically created the concept of time travel and countless alternate realities. Whoa. Deep.

Loved it.

Yeah, that's how I felt when I read it several months before you did.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah yeah.

I thought this was a pretty crappy way to end what's really been an action series this whole time.

I'd love to see the concept continue throughout the WSU though, particularly given the new state of the Earth.

Ah, so I sat down and read this all at once. Sublime.

It was a fitting end. It felt almost like it was asking for a continuation, but I don't know what sort of route that might go, given that the team was about mystery archaeology, which is an idea Planetary abandoned at the end of the series. I guess it's better to just close the idea and let the characters rest.

Given that all the secondary characters were pop culture pastiches, I'm kind of curious about who, if anyone the Planetary four were supposed to represent. Ambrose obviously had a Morpheus/Neo thing going on, but I can't put a finger on the other guys. Is Jakita supposed to be the ***-kicking action movie leather girl?

Last edited:
Re: sanitary???

the captain (6-30-2005 said:
the bad thing about planetary is that it is going to end failry soon....granted the delays may make the series end look like it lasted longer...

hahahahaha!!!!

Latest posts

Back