(Poll) What Ultimate character deserves their own mini-series next?

What major Ultimate character deserves their own mini-series next?

• Total voters

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
Here's a poll I put together regarding who you all think deserves the central focus of a new mini. What character do you want to see garner their own mini-series next? I know many of you probably want multiple characters to get their own mini, so you only get one choice. Pick the one you want most. Simple as that. Naturally we'll try to keep a certain level of realism, so we'll only use the more well-known names for choices. Because really, how soon do you think we'll ever see an Ultimate Geldoff mini? This poll won't go anywhere and its a likely possibility this'll erupt into something totally off topic, but let's see where it goes!

Because these characters will be getting mini-series next year with them most likely as the focus, they WON'T be included:

Namor (Ultimate Invasion)
Vision (Ultimate Vision, Ultimate Gah Lak Tus)
Wolverine (Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk)
Hulk (Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk)

VOTE!!!

The Defenders! I want to see more bumbling around from superheros wannabes.

E.Vi.L. said:
The Defenders! I want to see more bumbling around from superheros wannabes.

I honestly would look forward to a Defenders mini, but there's so many others I'd rather see first: Captain America (who I voted for), Daredevil (who deserves his own, Elektra cal hang out if she wants but DD neecs to be the central role), Thor has the potential to be a great mini if done right, a mini on Nick Fury would be very interesting, and a Magneto mini would also be really cool. The Defenders would be a cool mini though. I wonder if we'll end up seeing them making a cameo in Ultimate Spider-Man anytime soon, since Bendis seems to love that so much. After all, it'll give him a chance to write Power Man in the Ultimate Universe too.

icemastertron said:
Why isnt "Other" on there. That's not fair.

Because I wanted to keep it just the big names. More than likely I put "Other" up there and everyone starts voting for Ash again. Think of it as control. Ahahahahahaha!

We've seen everybody on that list more then once except doom.

DIrishB said:
Because I wanted to keep it just the big names. More than likely I put "Other" up there and everyone starts voting for Ash again. Think of it as control. Ahahahahahaha!
So no one from the X-Men are "big names"?

UXM racist *****.

Daredevil, he needs an Ultimate update. A revitalized origin and no Elektra would be nice.

Just no more Elektra. I'm sick of her.

slimjim said:
We've seen everybody on that list more then once except doom.

Never in their own mini, and not excessively either (hence Spider-Man and the UFF not being included, or Wolverine).

I know I should have included Iceman for Ice, because I think thats why he wanted an "other" option, but honestly, its very unlikely we'll see an Ultimate Iceman mini anytime soon. Like I said, I wanted the vote to be on the most obvious choices, as I think it might give us a good idea of where the Ultimate Marvel editing department might be heading.

Thats also the reason I started this thread/poll. These threads have been done before, but with all the new storylines we've come into over the past year or so, and what we know now (which'll be a hell of a lot more next month when Ultimates 2 #9 ships) and how that could affect the likelihood of a character appearing in their own mini.

Depends on what the outcome of Ultimates 2 is... But a Captain America or Defenders mini would be cool.

icemastertron said:

UXM racist *****.

Yep, Ultimate Dazzler would be a great title.

Last edited by a moderator:
DIrishB said:
I know I should have included Iceman for Ice, because I think thats why he wanted an "other" option, but honestly, its very unlikely we'll see an Ultimate Iceman mini anytime soon.
You should really not guess what people want, because I had more in mind of Xavier. :roll:

Still, something like this should have OTHER, because even if you think someone shouldnt get it, someone could have a good idea.

Last edited:
icemastertron said:

UXM racist *****.

Like I said, don't know how good an idea it would be for an Ultimate Shadowcat, or Ultimate Storm, or Ultimate Iceman mini right now. Thats all I'm saying. At least not before some of those characters listed get one of their own, as really they're just more interesting characters overall, or at the very least the most well-known.

DIrishB said:
Like I said, don't know how good an idea it would be for an Ultimate Shadowcat, or Ultimate Storm, or Ultimate Iceman mini right now. Thats all I'm saying. At least not before some of those characters listed get one of their own, as really they're just more interesting characters overall, or at the very least the most well-known.
Ehhh...

icemastertron said:
You should really not guess what people want, because I had more in mind of Xavier. :roll:

Still, something like this should have OTHER, because even if you think someone shouldnt get it, someone could have a good idea.

icemastertron said:

Ehhhh, Ultimate Professor X doesn't sound anywhere as appealing as any of the ones I listed, but then again that's just me. But for the most part, how much slam-bang action is Professor X going to be doing in his wheel-chair? You need some action in a title, and if the X-Men are just going to pop in and save him from whatever threat he's facing the whole mini, it'll just be a cop-out. That or he'll shut down their minds before they do him any harm...after the first time someone passing out or having their mind controlled gets old.

DIrishB said:
Ehhhh, Ultimate Professor X doesn't sound anywhere as appealing as any of the ones I listed, but then again that's just me. But for the most part, how much slam-bang action is Professor X going to be doing in his wheel-chair? You need some action in a title, and if the X-Men are just going to pop in and save him from whatever threat he's facing the whole mini, it'll just be a cop-out. That or he'll shut down their minds before they do him any harm...after the first time someone passing out or having their mind controlled gets old.
Exactly why I said you shouldnt guess what people want. There could be a mini exploring his dark side he secretly hides. You don't need the X-Men.

:roll:

icemastertron said:
Exactly why I said you shouldnt guess what people want. There could be a mini exploring his dark side he secretly hides. You don't need the X-Men.

:roll:

You need something besides Xavier for the action, then it doesn't focus on Xavier so much and therefore shouldn't be called that. I know its been done in 616, I'm just saying I think I did a good job of listing the Ultimate characters people would want to see a mini of (like Captain America, who has been rumored as getting his own mini for years, or Daredevil, who has never had a mini that was centrally focused on him, to Thor who begs to have one made). I know you'd like to see one of Xavier, but there's not one other character on that list you'd like to see a mini made of, even before Xavier?

DIrishB said:
I know you'd like to see one of Xavier, but there's not one other character on that list you'd like to see a mini made of, even before Xavier?
There's some. But OTHER isnt on there. :wink:

Latest posts

Back