Popcultureshock.com preview of Ultimate Power #2

People who complain about how much Bendis's writing sucks yet continue to read everything he writes make me laugh.

I also read the Ultimate stuff as a completist thing.

Anything else...after Alias and Daredevil (and, to a lesser extent, New Avengers), he deserves a chance to at least give his stuff a try. Not everything he does sucks. It's just that the stuff that does suck sucks on a cosmic level.

I'm still saying this doesn't take place after U3 but much earlier, no matter what someone has said in an interview. I rely on evidence in the comic itself, and so far I haven't seen any indication why this shouldn't happen somewhere between the first and last issue of U2.

I also think that this series takes place much earlier than previously stated, somewhere after The Defenders in Ultimates 2 but before the Invasion, seems that would be a pretty big incident for Fury to forget about when he's rambling on at Reed as to why he cant probe the various "zones" !!

And it seems that I'm opposed to most of you because I'm excited about this mini !!

The Ultimate universe is pretty much the only comic series I collect so a huge fight between the heroes and another super team is big news to me !!

The Invasion in Ultimates whet my appetite for these big fight scenes and I cant wait !!

Plus as a Bonus JMS will be writing some of the series and as an avid JMS fan I cant wait for him to tinker with the Ultimate Universe !!

Roll on Saturday !!

Latest posts

Back