Preacher

Yeah, so I've got all of Preacher. Is there a specific order I read it in, in regards to the specials and stuff? Baxter, I need your help!

Yeah, so I've got all of Preacher. Is there a specific order I read it in, in regards to the specials and stuff? Baxter, I need your help!

Well, I know most of the specials were collected in V4 of the trades so I think it goes 1-26, Saint of Killers 1-4, The Story of You Know Who, The Good old Boys, 28-40, One Mans War, 41-58, Tall in the Saddle, 59-66. Thats the order I read them in.

I think it doesn't matter with the sepcials. They're all prequels, with only Saint of Killers really making an impact in the series. The one with Starr is fairly good backstory, but the others are pretty much just jokes.

I think it doesn't matter with the sepcials. They're all prequels, with only Saint of Killers really making an impact in the series. The one with Starr is fairly good backstory, but the others are pretty much just jokes.

Tall in the Saddle outright sucked. It was just an excuse to make fun of the french.

I don't even remember which one that was. I know the Good Old Boys and Cassidy ones were just comedy issues, Arseface was kind of serious, but totally unnecessary to the main series.

Saint of Killers is referred to in flashback at some point in the series and Starr ends right where the series begins.

It's been, like, six years since I read all these. If I can find them in my mom's garage I'd like to read them again.

And I need to find my 100 Bullets and Transmetropolitan trades too, and finish those series.

The Cassidy special mocks Anne Rice vampires... Heh.

When opening this thread I thought it would be commenting on the newly announced HBO miniseries.

The Cassidy special mocks Anne Rice vampires... Heh.

When opening this thread I thought it would be commenting on the newly announced HBO miniseries.

...I'm afraid of that. I mean I want it, but the behind camera talent is... less than desirable. Maybe Ghost Rider will wash away my fears. Maybe.

Well, with Ennis and Dillon producing it (a vague title at best), hopefully they had some say or at least levela of approval over the scripts.

Of course Stan Lee and Harry Potter's dad are "producers" so I guess sometimes their official duties are just collecting checks.

this was the first non-marvel thing i ever bought. i picked up volume 1 last year and pick up a new volume everytime i come across one at a book store. unfortunately im only up to volume 3. but a trip to borders is coming up soon

Did you ever read this?

I got maybe 30-40 issues in and lost interest.

Latest posts

Back