Prelude To Infinte Crisis discussion (spoilers)

Do you think that they're will be a trade of the OMAC Project before IC begins? I'm reading JLA and I wanted to catch OMAC before IC begins.

moonmaster said:
Do you think that they're will be a trade of the OMAC Project before IC begins? I'm reading JLA and I wanted to catch OMAC before IC begins.

Sorry, DC doesn't put out regular trades like Marvel.

So, I doubt it, I -really- doubt it. I mean, the Identity Crisis trade still isn't out.

Infinite Crisis Summary Pt. 1

- Countdown to Infinite Crisis

This centered around the Blue Beetle, Ted Kord. Kord Industries materials are being stolen and put to something called Project OMAC, and Ted is nearly bankrupt. He meets up with a down and out Booster Gold, who has been reduced to being in television commercials, and the two of them try to get information out of Maxwell Lord, their former boss from the Justice League, but Max is strangely unhelpful. So Beetle goes to check out what Batman's up to, to see what he knows (because Waynetech has been having similar problems), but Booster takes off to try to get this commercial gig. Batman is f-cking pissed off, and simply pushes Ted out of the Bat-cave. This is when he reveals that he knows that the League mind-wiped him when they lobotomized Dr. Light, and that Batman has control of a Giant Satelite that does something... Then unknown persons stole around a hundred pounds of Kryptonite that arrived with Supergirl, and he had been given it to dispose of. Meanwhile, The Calculator (formerly a crap genius supervillain, now the Oracle of the Supervillain world) reveals that the new Secret Society (Luthor, Talia Head, Black Adam, Doctor Psycho, Doctor Light, and Deathstroke) was planning to take that same load of Kryptonite. They mention recruiting others, and Deathstroke suggests Captain Cold. Beetle and Booster are at Beetle's house when they try to trace the money transactions from OMAC. They spend a good amount of time showing off the original Blue Beetle's Blue Scarab which gave him powers. Suddenly, as Booster gets on the computer, a lightning bolt comes down and hits the computer. Beetle saves Booster, who gets taken away by an ambulence. Suddenly Beetle sees the Blue Scarab glowing, he takes it and follows it to a glowing door. The door leads to the Rock of Eternity. The Wizard Shazam is distracted, and a purple voice box is talking to him, he sends Beetle away, keeping the scarab, and admits that he is questioning what is going to happen for the first time in a thousand years. Back at the rubble that was his home, Beetle realizes that his goggles have a gold film on them, the gold film that used to comprise Booster Gold's Sidekick/robot Skeets. Blue traces the symbol to the Alps, and breaks into a foreboding castle. In the heart of the Castle he finds a computer database with information on every superhuman ever. He eventually gets to his own entry, only to find himself marked "DECEASED" there is clapping from behind him, but Blue Beetle already knows who (he -is- a detective). The one man who wasn't listed as an associate to him, Booster, or Batman, Maxwell Lord, the Black King of Checkmate. Max uses his telepathy to force Beetle to drop his weapon, and then mentions how he's become powerful enough to have Superman kill for him. We find out that Max Lord's Checkmate is there to regulate and stop all Metahuman activity on earth. He points out how he managed to keep the League from being effective for years. He offers Ted a role beside him in Checkmate, but at this point the Database has wiped itself clean (Beetle's doing). We see the first OMAC, who beats Ted to a pulp. Max Lord then shoots him in the head. He activates Project OMAC on Autonomous Control. The countdown to Infinite Crisis has begun.

More Later, with less detail... Any questions on the above, feel free to ask.

NEXT: OMAC Project #1-3, Sacrifice parts 1-4, and OMAC Project #4

Dr.Strangefate said:
Sorry, DC doesn't put out regular trades like Marvel.

So, I doubt it, I -really- doubt it. I mean, the Identity Crisis trade still isn't out.

Yeah, I decided to just catch up on the issues that are out.

If you want to understand whats up, you're also going to need to pick up "Sacrifice", which ran through the Superman books, and Wonder Woman last month.

If you're having trouble scrounging up money, just pick up the one that was in Wonder Woman. That's pretty much all you need.

I read about that issue of Wonder Woman. It sounds hardcore. The stuff that goes on is really... graphic and realistic. Usually when Superman gets mind controlled, he somehow doesn't beat the hell out of people. This time it's different.

Dr.Strangefate said:
If you want to understand whats up, you're also going to need to pick up "Sacrifice", which ran through the Superman books, and Wonder Woman last month.

If you're having trouble scrounging up money, just pick up the one that was in Wonder Woman. That's pretty much all you need.

Oh yeah, I'm definately getting that WW issue. Can't get the rest of Sacrifice, though.

What do you think of JLA so far? I couldn't pick up the first issue (sold out :( ) but I managed to get the second.The first time I read it I was bored out of my mind, but the second time, it was much better. Loved Batman punching out Hawkman (BADASSSSSS!!!!). And about Despero: whats his deal? I'm not very familiar with him. Who is he exactly?

moonmaster said:
What do you think of JLA so far? I couldn't pick up the first issue (sold out :( )

I might be able to get you a copy. What's the number?

moonmaster said:
And about Despero: whats his deal? I'm not very familiar with him. Who is he exactly?

Despero is pink and has three eyes and is really strong.

That is all you need to know.

Actually, what I know of him comes from the old JLA comics of the 90s written by Giffen and DeMattias and illustrated by Adam Hughes. It's quite good.

What I learned is Despero is a hate-filled angry alien.

That is pink, has three eyes, and is really strong.

:D

Bass said:
Despero is pink and has three eyes and is really strong.

That is all you need to know.

Actually, what I know of him comes from the old JLA comics of the 90s written by Giffen and DeMattias and illustrated by Adam Hughes. It's quite good.

What I learned is Despero is a hate-filled angry alien.

That is pink, has three eyes, and is really strong.

:D

You forgot he can controll people's minds with telepathy....

Thats how he fixed up those baddies' brains

Bass said:
But he's a pink villain. What else matters? How often do we get a big pink villain?

MajinBuu.jpg

The greaest villain ever... Majin Buu.

(In a high pitch kid voice)
Buu kill you.
*Blows up city*
Now Buu do a flip
*Does flip

thee great one said:
MajinBuu.jpg

The greaest villain ever... Majin Buu.

(In a high pitch kid voice)
Buu kill you.
*Blows up city*
Now Buu do a flip
*Does flip

Majin Buu= :rockon:

Though his muscular "kill the entire planet" form is way cooler.

thee great one said:
no way :noway:

Well you have to admit that he's more badassssss. He killed everyone on the planet all at once! C'mon!

Take your Dragonballery elsewhere, you fiendly fiends...

Is anyone interested in me summarizing the minis so far? because I don't think I will if no one's reading them.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Take your Dragonballery elsewhere, you fiendly fiends...

Is anyone interested in me summarizing the minis so far? because I don't think I will if no one's reading them.

I'm interested, since I don't get the books. Yet.

ProjectX2 said:
I'm interested, since I don't get the books. Yet.

Poop. that means i have to put in effort.

=(

hehe. Expect "The OMAC Project/Sacrifice" the summary to come soon, but significantly shorter than my Countdown summary.

moonmaster said:
DAMMIT!

I'm going to be spending like $35 on comics in June. I need to go on that A&E show, "Intervention". They did one about a video game addict, so why not a comic addict?
Damn man, thats my weekly budget anymore...

Anyway, I'm a little ticked, since I picked up the first run of Prelude for 4.99 that had less content, and I really don't want to have to pick it up again.

Latest posts

Back