President Thor (speculation)

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
I know it might be a little early to start discussing this arc, but its coming up next after Tomb of Namor, so not too early. Anyway, I'm more interested in this arc than probably any other upcoming Ultimate arc (with the exception of the conclusion to Ultimates 2 and Extinction) due mainly to see just what role Thor is going to play in this title. I mean with the arc title itself it seems obvious, but what are people expecting from this arc? How could Thor even be associated with the President? Is it possibly he actually becomes the President (I'm getting bad Doom 2099 vibes if thats the case)? What do you all think is going on with this arc?

I don't know, but I'm a little worried that Millar wrote this and the timing is crucial to what is happening in Ultimates 2, because I'm almost convinced that Thor's story isn't over yet. I just don't want this to spoil anything that happens in Ultimates 2 that we haven't seen due to delays but should have.

Actually, I think this title only reinforces the fact that the Ultimates and SHIELD split, and the Ultimates are forced to disband for a wile (Regrouping for a common threat in Ultimates 3). This title shows that the individual people of the Ultimates are basically free to roam the Ultimate Universe. This also gives evidence that Thor will at the very least be released from the Triskeleon, and probably get his powers back.

i'd vote for thor for president...but seeing how he was born in norway (or midgard depending on which theory you believe) he isn't eligble. i had the same problem with trying to write in optimus prime in the kerry/bush election.

selfproclaimed said:
i'd vote for thor for president...but seeing how he was born in norway (or midgard depending on which theory you believe) he isn't eligble. i had the same problem with trying to write in optimus prime in the kerry/bush election.
I totally had to make this now.

e987d0.jpg

Hawkeye101 said:
Actually, I think this title only reinforces the fact that the Ultimates and SHIELD split, and the Ultimates are forced to disband for a wile (Regrouping for a common threat in Ultimates 3). This title shows that the individual people of the Ultimates are basically free to roam the Ultimate Universe. This also gives evidence that Thor will at the very least be released from the Triskeleon, and probably get his powers back.
I disagree. I think that Millar's run is going to be a Multiverse exploring run, like a few 616 Fantastic Four runs have been. Either that or in an atempt to fix the temporal mistakes that thier jaunt through time in issue 21 caused they inadvertantly set up a whole new timeline. With Thor as the president.

Baxter said:
I disagree. I think that Millar's run is going to be a Multiverse exploring run, like a few 616 Fantastic Four runs have been. Either that or in an atempt to fix the temporal mistakes that thier jaunt through time in issue 21 caused they inadvertantly set up a whole new timeline. With Thor as the president.

Interesting.

UltimateE said:
I don't know, but I'm a little worried that Millar wrote this and the timing is crucial to what is happening in Ultimates 2, because I'm almost convinced that Thor's story isn't over yet. I just don't want this to spoil anything that happens in Ultimates 2 that we haven't seen due to delays but should have.

Good point. When does this arc start anyway, January? By then we'll only be up to Ultimates 2 #10, so maybe it won't ruin too much. Hopefully. And assuming its not some alternate universe type thing like Baxter mentioned.

Baxter said:
I really hope not. UFF seems to be the only title that doesn't have it's characters interacting with the world outside the Baxter Building, Zombie-Verse, or N-Zone. I mean we had Vegas and them dealing with the media after they got back from the time terrorists. I don't want to see Thor being elected as President. It sounds like a bad cartoony Saturday Morning Cartoon deal. Millar is definitely useing that symbolically. For example go to a Bruce Springsteen concert and you'll see signs saying "The Big Man for President" referring to C. Clemons the big black saxaphone, brass instrument player.

Millar probably just titled the arc this way because it somehow deals with Thor's popularity. I want to see continuity goofs adressed as much as the next guy but something as goofy as that seems far fetch'd.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I really hope not. UFF seems to be the only title that doesn't have it's characters interacting with the world outside the Baxter Building, Zombie-Verse, or N-Zone. I mean we had Vegas and them dealing with the media after they got back from the time terrorists. I don't want to see Thor being elected as President. It sounds like a bad cartoony Saturday Morning Cartoon deal. Millar is definitely useing that symbolically. For example go to a Bruce Springsteen concert and you'll see signs saying "The Big Man for President" referring to C. Clemons the big black saxaphone, brass instrument player.

Millar probably just titled the arc this way because it somehow deals with Thor's popularity. I want to see continuity goofs adressed as much as the next guy but something as goofy as that seems far fetch'd.

Very well could be purely symbolic.

Thing punches Dino => Atlantis survives its sinking => Mrs. Storm is still alive, living on Atlantis => Johnny/Sue find out they're half- Atlantean => Namor turns out to be Sue's half-brother

Or something like that...

Anyways, I'm guessing that Namor is not the same character as the one in the Tomb of Namor... I'm thinking it's an inherited name for the ruler of the Atlantean Kingdom (like Ozma in the Oz series of books)... That way they'd be able to factor in a previous Namor who fought with Cap America in WWII...

It'd be interesting at least...

Although I kind of expect that President Thor will be some sort of Sequel to Ultimates 2... except from the view of an organization still held under the arm of SHIELD...

Can you imagine that Thor would keep the Supersoldier Program OR the Fantastic Four on the Budget, when there are people to save?

I think this is going to lead to broke!fantasticfour

Dr.Strangefate said:
Thing punches Dino => Atlantis survives its sinking => Mrs. Storm is still alive, living on Atlantis => Johnny/Sue find out they're half- Atlantean => Namor turns out to be Sue's half-brother

Or something like that...

Don't know if I agree with that.

Anyways, I'm guessing that Namor is not the same character as the one in the Tomb of Namor... I'm thinking it's an inherited name for the ruler of the Atlantean Kingdom (like Ozma in the Oz series of books)... That way they'd be able to factor in a previous Namor who fought with Cap America in WWII...

Or that. Its possible, and would make sense, but I'm thinking Ultimate Namor will be much like 616 Namor in the long-life department.

It'd be interesting at least...

Although I kind of expect that President Thor will be some sort of Sequel to Ultimates 2... except from the view of an organization still held under the arm of SHIELD...

Can you imagine that Thor would keep the Supersoldier Program OR the Fantastic Four on the Budget, when there are people to save?

I think this is going to lead to broke!fantasticfour

Thats a good point. It'd be funny to see Thor take all money away from Defense and put it towards organic farming. :lol:

about this whole thing punching the dino screwing up time I personally don't think there gonna touch this again it was just the irony about how reed said not touch anything (and for all we know thing caused the extinction of that dinosaur)

Spade said:
about this whole thing punching the dino screwing up time I personally don't think there gonna touch this again it was just the irony about how reed said not touch anything (and for all we know thing caused the extinction of that dinosaur)

I agree with you, its called, reading too much into something.

But then again, all comic book fans do it.

I really really really hope this isn't some tangent universe/multiverse/timejump/alternate timeline hooplaa. I mean those things are fun once in a while but to me that kind of stuff gets old really fast. I know these thing are kinda the department of the FF but I really want them to deal with something a little more down-to-earth.

vintsukka said:
I really really really hope this isn't some tangent universe/multiverse/timejump/alternate timeline hooplaa. I mean those things are fun once in a while but to me that kind of stuff gets old really fast. I know these thing are kinda the department of the FF but I really want them to deal with something a little more down-to-earth.

I have to agree, its another case of too much too soon (assuming this is the case).

Doc Comic said:
I totally had to make this now.

e987d0.jpg
MODERATOR: What are your views on the War in Iraq?

BUSH: I believe that we are liberating a nation and spreading freedom across the world.

KERRY: I believe this War was built on lies, and we must bring our troops home.

OPTIMUS PRIME: TRANSFORM!

REPORTER: It seems that candidate Prime has taken a fascinatingly different position on this subject. It also happens to be his position on every other issue that's been brought up tonight. This is a great example why this refreshingly honest leader has been leading by 86% in the polls....

Latest posts

Back