Prince of Persia: Sand of Time Discussion [SPOILERS]

Doom was better. Mortal Kombat was better. umm... I got nothing else.

The film itself was incredibly predictable.
"I have to go see my uncle! he'll help me!" = Dude, your uncle is Ben Kingsley, he's not going to help you... (Note, why didn't Kingsley just wear gloves handling the evil poison robe? That way noone works anything out and he wins.)
For some reason the dead dad, kid on the run and evil uncle plot just made me think it was The Lion King.
There were moments watching him run and jump on ledges made me wonder when a spiked pit, or a platform that moves back and forth would appear. We get it, I know he jumps and climbs a lot in the game. No need to turn him into a sodding monkey.
Alfred Molina and the Knife throwing guy were awesome.

It wasn't a horrible film, it was entertainingly bad. They could have done worse and hired Ewe Boll to direct.

I never saw Doom. Don't really care to. Mortal Kombat was good, but not better than this. Prince of Persia, whether predictable or not (as I already said it was), was still done better than Mortal Kombat.

As for VG adaptations that will rock, three words for you.

World of Warcraft.
*Vomits entire contents of body out*

For that, having Ewe Bowll would somehow make it better...

Last edited:
I saw this last night.

First thing to know is that it's a loose adaption of Sands of Time, with a few bits from the Two Thrones as fanboy fodder. I was OK this, since the franchise has pretty much an infinite number of Princes in similar circumstances. (Like Link from the Legend of Zelda, only the Princes have a defined personality.)

HBM is right on a couple things. The plot is very predictable, particularly the parts that weren't in the original game. Personally, I was much more annoyed by the whitewashing. Granted, I don't know very much about Persain culture and the games were never very accurate with that, but I'm pretty sure they never called their main entity "God." And would it have killed them to get some more Middle Eastern actors?

That said, it's obvious they cared enough about the franchsie to put in an effort. And a summer-blockbuster film is exactly what a Prince of Persia film should be. All the components needed for a good PoP adaptation are here, even if they weren't used to the fullest. And it still makes for a fun popcorn flick.

And yes, Alfred Molina and Knife Thrower Guy were the best parts of the film.

Not seen what happens yet but I got this Yesterday :D I can't wait to see it in the next couple of days. Even though I suspect it'll be bad.

Latest posts

Back