Proof against Bendis' Creativity

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
10,075
Location
New York, NY
Joe Quesada at the Marvel Summit said:
Wow, Tom Brevoort just said something incredibly silly about Ultimate Spider-Man and the Green Goblin, he totally meant it as a joke. It’s so out there that it’s actually a brilliant idea, Brian just stole it. No seriously, he did, this may actually break the Internet in half again.

...

BennnnnnDIS!!!!!!!!
 

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
25,007
It's good you made this thread, because I was going to rant about Ultimate Spider-Man vol. 15: Silver Sable.

It was horrible.

The art was off. What has happened to Bagley? Is he working overtime to get to #100?

There was a few word bubbles off. Goddamnit.

I'm pretty sure Peter is not Jewish. Stop speaking Jewish!

"??" is not a sentence.

The whole arc was pointless. Wasn't it supposed to tie-in to the game? It didn't. Also, Mr. Roxxon sets Silver Sable on Spider-Man because he stopped a criminal twice. Twice. Who cares? Doesn't he understand that Spider-Man has fought like a gajillion other crappy ultimizations elsewhere?

Gah. There was more but I can't be bothered. **** it. I'm done.
 

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
15,570
Location
Mormon Land.
ProjectX2 said:
It's good you made this thread, because I was going to rant about Ultimate Spider-Man vol. 15: Silver Sable.

It was horrible.

The art was off. What has happened to Bagley? Is he working overtime to get to #100?

There was a few word bubbles off. Goddamnit.

I'm pretty sure Peter is not Jewish. Stop speaking Jewish!

"??" is not a sentence.

The whole arc was pointless. Wasn't it supposed to tie-in to the game? It didn't. Also, Mr. Roxxon sets Silver Sable on Spider-Man because he stopped a criminal twice. Twice. Who cares? Doesn't he understand that Spider-Man has fought like a gajillion other crappy ultimizations elsewhere?

Gah. There was more but I can't be bothered. **** it. I'm done.

Deadpool is hundred times worse.
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
thee great one said:

Deadpool is hundred times worse.

It was a hundred times worse than a hundred times worse.
 

Prof. Toad

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Messages
69
Location
IN HELL!!!
thee great one said:
Bendis is a hack.

That is all.

I happen to like bendis' writing but his creativity is non-existent. He should get someone like Millar or Ellis to help him create new storylines. I hope these last few arcs were just crappy filler.
 

Random

Didn't **** any of those *****es
Joined
Jun 16, 2005
Messages
13,680
Location
Philadelphia, PA
I dont really care where he gets his ideas from, I really like the early USM, he just ran out of steam and needs to stand down
 

MaxwellSmart

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2004
Messages
3,335
Location
SoCal
Reading Joe Friday is like watch a hot dog get made. It may taste good until you see where came from.
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
MaxwellSmart said:
Reading Joe Friday is like watch a hot dog get made. It may taste good until you see where came from.

Post of the day.
 

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
15,570
Location
Mormon Land.
Prof. Toad said:
I happen to like bendis' writing but his creativity is non-existent. He should get someone like Millar or Ellis to help him create new storylines. I hope these last few arcs were just crappy filler.

That was my Bass expression.
 

Foolsfolly

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
1,137
Bendis is very hit and miss with me. In no means should he be writing half the titles he writes and of lately Ultimate Spidey is...losing steam. It might be time to replace Bendis on that title and bring in a new writer with new ideas.
 

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
10,075
Location
New York, NY
Breevort: OH MAN?! Wouldn't it be hilarious if they turned Mary Jane into Demogoblin? People would FREAK OUT.

Quesada: The internet would break in half under the stress of all the infinitely long compaint threads!

Bendis: Hmmmm....
 

Lynx

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2005
Messages
4,489
Location
Orlando, FL
You know, I seriously wish each issue of Ultimate Spider-Man came with a lighter with instructions that read "Feel free to burn this when you're done".
 

Hibiki

Really is pretentious, no matter what she says. Do
Joined
May 17, 2006
Messages
5,972
Location
Anytime USA all the way
You know, I seriously wish each issue of Ultimate Spider-Man came with a lighter with instructions that read "Feel free to burn this when you're done".

no a pistol and the last page says , " shoot yourself" with bendis in butt chaps and a cowvest.
 

Lil Brother

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
578
Location
My room
Oh, dear God. XD Demogoblin better have been it. The last thing we need is more outrageous, crappy Goblin-related ideas.
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
Oh, dear God. XD Demogoblin better have been it. The last thing we need is more outrageous, crappy Goblin-related ideas.

That's what I was thinking. Of course Doc might be right...but what if it's something worse?!!!
 

Latest posts

Top