PSP Go

Didn't you buy your iPhone when it was first released? It was way more money. I don't remember you complaining then?

It doesn't seem unreasonable as the original was the same price at launch.

Didn't you buy your iPhone when it was first released? It was way more money. I don't remember you complaining then?

It doesn't seem unreasonable as the original was the same price at launch.

It's hardly comparable. The iPhone does a lot more.

Somebody forgot to tell Sony that April Fool's Day is in APRIL, not June.

$250? Are you ****ing kidding me? The company is run by idiots.

Aside from the ridiculous price, it actually looks kind of cool.

Everything You Need to Know About the PSP Go!

Playing With the PSP Go!

Should I be the one to point out that the original PSP was also $250?

Secondly, it's very comparable to the iPod Touch, and should I point out that that retails for $299 for the 16GB model?

Most importantly, it's not making the PSP-3000 obsolete. They're going to support both the PSP-3000 and the PSP Go.

Last edited:
Well, it's the truth.

If Apple released something on the same lines, and charged 500 for it, E would have been at the Apple store and buying it.

But it was also 200 dollars more.

Should I be the one to point out that the original PSP was also $250?

Secondly, it's very comparable to the iPod Touch, and should I point out that that retails for $299 for the 16GB model?

Most importantly, it's not making the PSP-3000 obsolete. They're going to support both the PSP-3000 and the PSP Go.

Well, it's the truth.

If Apple released something on the same lines, and charged 500 for it, E would have been at the Apple store and buying it.

C'mon, you guys are being dense. The iPhone did things out of the box. The PSP and PSP Go do not. And once you buy the games, that's all they do - play games. It's a very poor comparison. Compare it to another gaming device.

And might I point out the difference in the world economically between now and when the original PSP came out?

As for the obsolescence of the PSP-3000...you just wait and see if it doesn't replace it.

C'mon, you guys are being dense. The iPhone did things out of the box. The PSP and PSP Go do not. And once you buy the games, that's all they do - play games. It's a very poor comparison. Compare it to another gaming device.

And might I point out the difference in the world economically between now and when the original PSP came out?

As for the obsolescence of the PSP-3000...you just wait and see if it doesn't replace it.

Okay, I'm going to read the article now, cause I know the old PSP does more than play games.

And lo, it does. It seems to be a media storage device as well.

The 16GB iPOD touch is 299 dollars, the 16GB PSPGo is 249 dollars.

That seems like a better deal to me.

Everything for the PSPGo is downloadable from a Wi Fi connection. Don't you need an application on your computer to download stuff onto an iPOD? I don't have one, so I don't know. It seems like you can do the same with a PSPGo as well though, if you want too, though I don't know why you would.

All in all, it seems like a better deal to me than an iPOD.

In other news, what's the difference between a DSi and a DS?

E, seriously, I'm not attacking. I'm just pointing out, that they're pushing the Go as a media/gaming device like the iPod Touch.

Also, don't forget that this is the same company that's still selling a 6th gen console, and games for it. So, the leap of logic, and the official statements that the PSP-3000 isn't being replaced by the Go isn't that much of a stretch.

Ultimate Houde said:
Okay, I'm going to read the article now, cause I know the old PSP does more than play games.

Everything for the PSPGo is downloadable from a Wi Fi connection. Don't you need an application on your computer to download stuff onto an iPOD? I don't have one, so I don't know. It seems like you can do the same with a PSPGo as well though, if you want too, though I don't know why you would.

Actually, the Touch and iPhone can download applications and music via WiFi and cellular service respectively.

The difference between the DS and DSi is the DSi has a couple cameras and no backward compatibility to older Nintendo handhelds. It's also about $40 more expensive.

Last edited:

DSi has a camera and I think the screen is bigger. I *think* it also has the capability to download titles, or will at a later date via some sort of expansion pack. I'm not sure on that.

Like Skotti said, you don't need a computer to put content on an iPod Touch or iPhone. You don't even need a wi-fi connection for the iPhone.

E, seriously, I'm not attacking. I'm just pointing out, that they're pushing the Go as a media/gaming device like the iPod Touch.

Also, don't forget that this is the same company that's still selling a 6th gen console, and games for it. So, the leap of logic, and the official statements that the PSP-3000 isn't being replaced by the Go isn't that much of a stretch.

Actually, the Touch and iPhone can download applications and music via WiFi and cellular service respectively.

The difference between the DS and DSi is the DSi has a couple cameras and no backward compatibility to older Nintendo handhelds. It's also about $40 more expensive.

No, it's OK - I didn't think anyone was "attacking" and I certainly wasn't either. I just don't get how anyone can compare the two in any capacity. The PSP Go plays games. The iPhone does that but it's also, at it's core, a phone. And it has a camera. That's the original comparison that was made - I can't speak too much for the iPod Touch because I don't have one, but keep in mind that whether you realize it or not, or whether you like it or not, you are paying for the name. The PSP simply does not have that same "name". Hell, from what I've read it's not even the best selling handheld gaming device.

DSi has a camera and I think the screen is bigger. I *think* it also has the capability to download titles, or will at a later date via some sort of expansion pack. I'm not sure on that.

Like Skotti said, you don't need a computer to put content on an iPod Touch or iPhone. You don't even need a wi-fi connection for the iPhone.

No, it's OK - I didn't think anyone was "attacking" and I certainly wasn't either. I just don't get how anyone can compare the two in any capacity. The PSP Go plays games. The iPhone does that but it's also, at it's core, a phone. And it has a camera. That's the original comparison that was made - I can't speak too much for the iPod Touch because I don't have one, but keep in mind that whether you realize it or not, or whether you like it or not, you are paying for the name. The PSP simply does not have that same "name". Hell, from what I've read it's not even the best selling handheld gaming device.

Oh I know, which is why I specifically compared it to an iPod Touch, whether or not we think it is, the PSP Go is a gaming AND multimedia device. And in the end, we all pay for names, it's the nature of the beast. I spend a little bit more for Apple and Sony products. Whether it's fangirlism, or if it's because I've always been treated well by both companies, does it really matter.

As to whether or not it's the best selling or not isn't relevant either. People say the same thing about MacOS, Zune, XBox, PS3, etc.

Oh I know, which is why I specifically compared it to an iPod Touch, whether or not we think it is, the PSP Go is a gaming AND multimedia device. And in the end, we all pay for names, it's the nature of the beast. I spend a little bit more for Apple and Sony products. Whether it's fangirlism, or if it's because I've always been treated well by both companies, does it really matter.

As to whether or not it's the best selling or not isn't relevant either. People say the same thing about MacOS, Zune, XBox, PS3, etc.

True. Good point.

I got away from my original point - it wasn't that the PSP Go is a piece of junk or anything like that, I just think Sony is insane to think people will pay $250 for it. Did people pay $600 for the iPhone? Sure - but the hype for the device was off the charts and Apple managed to convince people they want and need one. Sony has done neither with this device.

True. Good point.

I got away from my original point - it wasn't that the PSP Go is a piece of junk or anything like that, I just think Sony is insane to think people will pay $250 for it. Did people pay $600 for the iPhone? Sure - but the hype for the device was off the charts and Apple managed to convince people they want and need one. Sony has done neither with this device.

Yeah, going to have to wholly agree with that, Sony's really dropped the ball on advertising and hyping the PSP period. Hell, they're not even handling the PS3 very well, they should have followed MS's loss leader strategy, they can afford it.

I read an article yesterday that I can't find now, where a head honcho from Sony *basically* said that they new the device is overrated, but it was OK because they can milk it from the early adopters and then drop the price when those sales dry up.

Of course that's the strategy everyone uses, but geez you don't openly flaunt it like that.

I read an article yesterday that I can't find now, where a head honcho from Sony *basically* said that they new the device is overrated, but it was OK because they can milk it from the early adopters and then drop the price when those sales dry up.

Of course that's the strategy everyone uses, but geez you don't openly flaunt it like that.

*shrugs* I'm not sure why you're getting wound up over this. It happens in ever industry, consumers are gouged regularly over price from everything from cars, to consumer electronics. I mean, hell, Marvel's looking at hiking prices to $4 for no reason other than "to grow the business". If consumers don't find the PSP Go's price palatable, it won't sell, simple as that. It's really not worth getting worked up over.

Yeah, it has it's own wiiware channel to download games.

Hrm, I'm not too sure know if I should go out and buy a regular PSP or wait for the PSPgo. Are they the same price?

EDIT: Screw that, the PSP-3000 is just $170. F U Sony.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back