Random 1990s Superhero Movies

You can still get your money's worth if the actor is hidden by heavy makeup or masks, etc. I reckon Baldwin just wasn't bothered spending the whole film all dressed up in uncomfortable prosthetics so he said in his contract that he wanted such-and-such amount of screen minutes without the costume on.

Well you have to remember the people who run the studios, are morons

Does anyone remember Mystery Men? I think it was pre-Zoolander, so Stiller wasn't extremely famous back then. I watched it with my brother last week and it is pretty cool, but nothing that stellar. The jokes are all pretty juvenile and the plot is weaksauce, but it's worth checking out.

Mr. Furious' costume is really cool, even though it's not really very superheroish.

Spawn - I liked it, it was really stupid is some aspects but I still found it entertaining, I never read the comics or watched the series so I have no bench mark. That one clown really annoyed the crap out of me though

If you have never read the first issues of Spawn then you are missing something awesome

Does anyone remember Mystery Men? I think it was pre-Zoolander, so Stiller wasn't extremely famous back then. I watched it with my brother last week and it is pretty cool, but nothing that stellar. The jokes are all pretty juvenile and the plot is weaksauce, but it's worth checking out.

Mr. Furious' costume is really cool, even though it's not really very superheroish.

Casanova Frankenstein is one of the best villain names ever.

Mystery Men is one of the most underrated comedies of all time! It's freakin' hilarious.

At the top of that list, Cable Guy.

All before the very sight of Ben Stiller made me want to vomit.

LOVE Mystery Men. Watched it constantly when I was around 9 or 10. Just day-in, day-out. Between me and my sister the tape eventually wore out(bought it on DVD a couple years ago, though).

And Casanove Frankenstein is awesome.

Best part of the movie, though? The Macy.

Last edited:
The Spawn comic looks like it might be something really special. My friend at school really likes it.

the whole series is very blasphemous and to be honest sucky. the key good issues are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,14,15,16,17,18,and then #100. But if you don't believe in God check out the whole series I guess. The first 7 are awesome and then it just gets bad for alot of issues

the whole series is very blasphemous and to be honest sucky. the key good issues are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,14,15,16,17,18,and then #100.

So, the issues written by Alan Moore, Dave Sim, and Frank Miller are the bad ones?

Vegetarot said:
But if you don't believe in God check out the whole series I guess. The first 7 are awesome and then it just gets bad for alot of issues

wha-wha-WHAAAAAAA?

well the Alan Moore issue is good but VERY blasphemous the Dave Sim issue is alright and the Frank Miller issue is looked at as one of the worst issue in the series

also what do you mean wha? alot of spawn issues suck. I'm sorry but the series as a whole is garbage and it just got worse and worse the farther McFarlane gets away from this turd

well the Alan Moore issue is good but VERY blasphemous the Dave Sim issue is alright and the Frank Miller issue is looked at as one of the worst issue in the series

It's Spawn. It's about Satan's mercenary. So, uh... the whole thing is blasphemous from start to finish. And I mean, good for it. It could be argued that Moore's issue succeeds BECAUSE it's particularly blasphemous. If you want wholesome, Christian fun, there are plenty of books you can pick up. Like Preacher.

That's like picking up Naked Lunch and going, "Wow. That was good. But there sure was a bunch of gay stuff, huh?"

Edit: Spawn is pretty garbage. McFarlane's an over-rated hack. The only real injections of genius in the series came from the guest writers. I just thought all the talk of blasphemy and bible-thumping was a little off-chart.

Last edited:
ok just making sure but you were joking about preacher right? also I was just warning him about the bad stuff I my self have read a good portion of the series but it was before I found God and understood what was going on in the book was wrong. I was also like 10. I havent read Spawn in years I think my last issue was 100 actually.

i just bought 100 because it was 100

Last edited by a moderator:
ok just making sure but you were joking about preacher right? also I was just warning him about the bad stuff I my self have read a good portion of the series but it was before I found God and understood what was going on in the book was wrong. I was also like 10. I havent read Spawn in years I think my last issue was 100 actually.

i just bought 100 because it was 100

okay

The new Spawn issues are 10000000 times better than any old stuff.

Seriously. Armageddon happened. Al learned why he was different and why he can never return to Wanda.

Blah Blah.

But the new series is very very dark and less superheroly. Like it should be.

If you liked the old stuff or are just mildly interested in the concept.

Of even hated the old stuff.

The new Spawn issues are 10000000 times better than any old stuff.

Seriously. Armageddon happened. Al learned why he was different and why he can never return to Wanda.

Blah Blah.

But the new series is very very dark and less superheroly. Like it should be.

If you liked the old stuff or are just mildly interested in the concept.

Of even hated the old stuff.

AGREED

Latest posts

Back