Random 1990s Superhero Movies

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Zorro movies.

The Mask of Zorro was a great period-movie and is probably the best of the 90s superhero movies, behind Batman and Dick Tracy. Banderas, Hopkins and Catherine Zeta Jones are all fantastic in it. James Horner's music is great, too. The sequel wasn't bad; it was just made five years too late.

Does anyone remember Mystery Men? I think it was pre-Zoolander, so Stiller wasn't extremely famous back then. I watched it with my brother last week and it is pretty cool, but nothing that stellar. The jokes are all pretty juvenile and the plot is weaksauce, but it's worth checking out.

Mr. Furious' costume is really cool, even though it's not really very superheroish.

Hank Azaria? William H. Macy? Ben Stiller? Paul Reubens? Kel from Keenan and Kel? Best mock-super hero movie evar!

Hank Azaria? William H. Macy? Ben Stiller? Paul Reubens? Kel from Keenan and Kel? Best mock-super hero movie evar!

Does anyone remember a Disney TV movie called 'Up, Up and Away"? That's definitely the best mock superhero movie, I've ever seen, although I saw it years ago and it might be better in memory than in actuality. It basically had the same plot as Sky High: family of superheroes' youngest son doesn't seem to have any superpowers.

I remember the flying and the special effects being great and the pop culture references were awesome as well. There was one scene where there was this big party full of superheroes and one of them was a stretchy guy with greying hair and the mother of the superhero family turned to him when she noticed him and said "Hi, Reed!" :rockon:

I wish I could find some clips of this.

Does anyone remember a Disney TV movie called 'Up, Up and Away"? That's definitely the best mock superhero movie, I've ever seen, although I saw it years ago and it might be better in memory than in actuality. It basically had the same plot as Sky High: family of superheroes' youngest son doesn't seem to have any superpowers.

I remember the flying and the special effects being great and the pop culture references were awesome as well. There was one scene where there was this big party full of superheroes and one of them was a stretchy guy with greying hair and the mother of the superhero family turned to him when she noticed him and said "Hi, Reed!" :rockon:

I wish I could find some clips of this.

I saw that. I liked how their weakness was alumminum. And I liked Sky High as well.

When I first heard about Sky High, I assumed that it was a blatant, big-budget copy of Up, Up and Away. I still haven't seen it.

It's actually pretty different. And Kurt Russel is hella funny in it.

Latest posts

Back