Ratatouille

Are you serious? It's about a destructive alien that becomes friends with a little girl, and they both learn the importance of friends. Meanwhile, they're being hunted by an inept evil scientist and his cooky assistant. Does that really seem like the kind of movie that's aimed at any group above the age of 12?

You forget the crossdressing alien.

And the voodoo.

And the drowning sorrows in Elvis.

And the "Sometimes 3 times a day! With bricks! In a pillowcase!"

And the "She likes your butt and fancy hair."

(I love that movie.)

Back on topic, I love Pixar, I love Brad Bird, so this is definately on my list.

Last edited:
I've liked all the Pixar movies to some degree (Less so with Cars and A Bug's Life, more so with the Incredibles and Toy Story), so I'll definitely be checking this out.

Still looking forward to this film.

Me too, but I'm a little concerned. Currently, it's got an 100% fresh rating over at RT. But if you look at the grades that the Cream of The Crop (meaning, the critics who are actually worth listening to) have given it about a B average, which puts it right down there with Cars as the lowest rated Pixar film. I can't imagine the ratings to improve except for it to maybe reach a B+ average. Still a great film, but not Pixar's Gold Standard. But hey, what do the critics know?

I know, I like to analyze these things. This won't be the last you'll hear about the reviews in this thread. :)

Well, maybe I was wrong. It now has a 94% tomatometer which is pretty great for Pixar, since Cars only had something like in the 70s or 80s. Looks like the critics have redubbed Pixar their favorite son or whatever they want to call it.

I'm seeing it either tonight or tomorrow night.

Saw it tonight and was blown away...

The best Pixar movie yet... With the strongest characters, the best plot, and Janeane Garofalo voicing a sexy french chef with a motorcycle...

Not to mention Anton Ego... one of the best Evil-Looking characters I've ever seen...

Seriously, EVERYONE SHOULD SEE THIS MOVIE.

After Cars, I was nervous, but this is another example of Pixar topping itself once again.

Best movie of the Year so far... The only one that comes CLOSE is Knocked Up

9.9/10 (.1 knocked off for a slightly weak beginning)

I am still reeling from the magic of this movie.

LOVED this movie immensely.

Everybody needs to see it. Like tomorrow.

It gets a solid A from me, and be sure to check the Pixar thread to see where it stands among the other films, as well as the Top 5 movies of 2007, which you can also find in my sig (handy, eh?).

*goes to see again*

This is easily the most fun I've had at the movies in years. And yes, Strangefate, Ego looks deliciously evil.

My only regret is that I am unable to convince my youngest brother to go see it.

Me: Seriously, this movie is amazing.

Him: Nah, looks kinda dumb. Now shut up, Hannah Montana is on.

Come into the light of the Luxo Lamp, brother. Come into the light.

I saw this tonight. I wasn't jacked about seeing it or anything. I think that they could have done with tons of other concepts for a CGI movie that would've been more entertaining.

However, the movie made me laugh out loud and I haven't done that while watching a flick in a long time. Good fun.

Saw it. Loved it.

My favorite part was how the kid was finally graceful on the roller skates. It wasn't hammered into your head or blatantly highlighted, but up until this point he was a klutz and when he finally gave the rat the credit and worked out the proper arrangement, he figured out something to do that came naturally for him.

I saw this today.

It's the best film I've ever seen.

But then, I seem to say that after I watch any Pixar film. :D

I saw it. It was pretty good.

Not Pixar's best by any means. But still better than Cars.

I still love Pixar so much. And now I'm hyped for Wall*E.

Latest posts

Back