REAL traitor revealed in #9?

Ultimates V2 #9:

• will reveal the ID of the real traitor.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • will offer yet more clues without resolution.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • will offer a last-panel cliffhanger that ALMOST reveals the ID.

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • will narrow the list down considerably.

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • I don't care anymore.

Votes: 12 26.1%

• Total voters
icemastertron said:
Since when?
Facialjpg.jpg

Guijllons said:
And SHIELD has facial recognition software, they're not gonna get it wrong.

Good find.

But facial recognition software (presumably in some kind of kiosk or control panel and to gain access into a certain area) and seeing an image of a guy on a video tape are different...unless I'm totally missing your point.

UltimateE said:
Good find.

But facial recognition software (presumably in some kind of kiosk or control panel and to gain access into a certain area) and seeing an image of a guy on a video tape are different...unless I'm totally missing your point.
From the bit of story there, I'm thinking it's used as a cctv filtering aid.
Technologies do already exist for this, it's just not as good as SHIELDs (obviously). They were doing some tests on the London underground about 10 years back if memory serves but it has trouble with crowds.
This rather than an alternative to a retina recognition device I mean.

Guijllons said:
From the bit of story there, I'm thinking it's used as a cctv filtering aid.
Technologies do already exist for this, it's just not as good as SHIELDs (obviously). They were doing some tests on the London underground about 10 years back if memory serves but it has trouble with crowds.
This rather than an alternative to a retina recognition device I mean.

I could definitely see that happening. But did we have any indication that was being used when they were reviewing the tapes? I don't have the issue handy but I seem to remember that it was implied that they were manually "rewinding" the tapes and inspecting them visually, that is, without the aid of advanced machinery.

UltimateE said:
I could definitely see that happening. But did we have any indication that was being used when they were reviewing the tapes? I don't have the issue handy but I seem to remember that it was implied that they were manually "rewinding" the tapes and inspecting them visually, that is, without the aid of advanced machinery.
Nothing in that issue. But I think they'd need a little more to go on than a Captain America suit to bring down Cap. They'd need to be 100% it was him, they'd use anything at their disposal.

I'm not really buying the Tyler Durden approach, it's like bringing in a new character.

RE: SCANNED PANEL FROM UXM

I'd forgotten about the context of that panel, at first. Seeing it isolated from the rest of the story like that, I realized just how much Doug Ramsey resembles Longshot, before he grew out his hair.

I know Immonen's character design is just being faithful to the 616 version of Cipher, but I kinda wish he'd come up with a more distinctive look.

Well, in concern with the cameras, maybe the only camera that got any good shot of whoever shot Hawkeye was a back view and Fury, in a rage, was being presumptuous by going after Cap.

marvelman said:
Well, in concern with the cameras, maybe the only camera that got any good shot of whoever shot Hawkeye was a back view and Fury, in a rage, was being presumptuous by going after Cap.
Not the most professional approach for someone in command of the most devastating attack force on the planet.

I have no doubt that they saw Cap on those screens. Whether the tapes were fixed in some way, or whether someone looked identical to Cap, or whether it actually was Cap, they saw him, and they were sure enough about it to go after him.

Guijllons said:
Not the most professional approach for someone in command of the most devastating attack force on the planet.

Right, but he was pretty irrational after that. It definitely put him in a state.

UltimateE said:
Right, but he was pretty irrational after that. It definitely put him in a state.
He was pissed off, yeah, but I don't know if I would count his actions as irrational. If he is acting out of character, then it's safe to say that Fury really is the guilty party after all. Right?

And who says that the guy on Camera was wearing a Captain America outfit anyway? Seems pretty stupid to go in uniform if you're off to kill your team mate.

Fury is nothing if not thorough in his matters of security, look how he dealt with Nix. It would be totally out of character for him to go and take down Cap on the shot of the back of someone's head.

Guijllons said:
And who says that the guy on Camera was wearing a Captain America outfit anyway? Seems pretty stupid to go in uniform if you're off to kill your team mate.

Good point.

Cap is not going to kill women and children, and if he's a traitor, it's like Paul Revere was a traitor to the British. Loeb already has talked about his vision for the character, how he sees him as (shudder) almost Batman-like in some ways. Which, I guess, is better than Bendis' pole-up-the-*** rendition of the Boy Scout extreme 616 Cap. He's gonna be a centerpiece in Vol. 3 by the new guys (Joe Mad is already drawing him), so Cap is merely the latest of the original Ultimates brought down (following Hulk, Pym, Thor and then, Iron Man). They'll all band together and become the Avengers. And Lieberman is the Red Skull, and if anybody wants to put money on it, bring it on.

John Q. Public said:
Cap is not going to kill women and children, and if he's a traitor, it's like Paul Revere was a traitor to the British. Loeb already has talked about his vision for the character, how he sees him as (shudder) almost Batman-like in some ways. Which, I guess, is better than Bendis' pole-up-the-*** rendition of the Boy Scout extreme 616 Cap. He's gonna be a centerpiece in Vol. 3 by the new guys (Joe Mad is already drawing him), so Cap is merely the latest of the original Ultimates brought down (following Hulk, Pym, Thor and then, Iron Man). They'll all band together and become the Avengers. And Lieberman is the Red Skull, and if anybody wants to put money on it, bring it on.
Lieberman being the Red Skull makes sense, but I'm sure I read that the Annual was not part of the Ultimates 2 series per se.

Guijllons said:
Lieberman being the Red Skull makes sense, but I'm sure I read that the Annual was not part of the Ultimates 2 series per se.
Yeah, Millar said the annual wouldn't be required reading to understand U2 or something like that.

Last edited:
I thought the annual was supposed to be filled with all kinds of clues. In any case, it makes sense that the Skull is a super soldier gone awry, since most everybody else is.

Latest posts

Back