REAL traitor revealed in #9?

Ultimates V2 #9:

• will reveal the ID of the real traitor.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • will offer yet more clues without resolution.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • will offer a last-panel cliffhanger that ALMOST reveals the ID.

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • will narrow the list down considerably.

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • I don't care anymore.

Votes: 12 26.1%

• Total voters
Thing is, if it is Lieberman, then why?

Also, when? Would Hank even know Lieberman? Does he even count as being on the team to be able to betray it? Did he fake his own death? How did he become aware of this group that is aligned with Loki? Which is a tall order considering he was little more than a grunt, future Captain America or not. And if this group did select him because of the Cap ties, then someone higher up then him is involved too.

Too many problems if it's Lieberman. And too small a character.

I still think that Cap is the traitor, and that someone framed Cap for the Hawkeye murder.

Though I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Guijllons said:
And who says that the guy on Camera was wearing a Captain America outfit anyway? Seems pretty stupid to go in uniform if you're off to kill your team mate.

Indeed. Especially since he's also wearing black leather gloves and a trenchcoat. Plus, he was just their for dinner.

Him wearing the costume makes little sense.

I'm not saying Lieberman is necessarily the traitor, or the guy who killed Hawkeye's alleged family. But I do think that Fury puts these guys who reject the Cap formula in deep freeze and, since they featured Lieberman as the next Cap, is prime candidate to emerge when the Trixiethelon blows up to become the Red Skull. He endured the serum longer than anybody, according to the annual, and it looked like his face was peeling off. Anyway, I'm just whistling in the dark here.

From a comics shop owner/mod on MillarWorld, who has already read #9:

This is the big one boys and girls. We find out everything... And I mean everything. I really can't contain my excitment about this....

And you know what else is amazing. We're getting 29 pages of story instead of 22.

Rhyo said:
We're getting 29 pages of story instead of 22.
That pretty much convinces me that Millar added extra pages, in response to fan speculation.

Add that to Hitch's already glacial work rate, and that probably explains the prolonged delays.

Admittedly, the announcement of the extra pages was all it took to make me excited about this again. I'm easy to please like that.

compound said:
That pretty much convinces me that Millar added extra pages, in response to fan speculation.

Add that to Hitch's already glacial work rate, and that probably explains the prolonged delays.

Admittedly, the announcement of the extra pages was all it took to make me excited about this again. I'm easy to please like that.

I can't see Millar changing the plot because of speculation, but I did get the feeling that the pages were later additions. I THINK maybe Millar finally sat down and completely finished the full script and realized it wasn't going to come in at 12 issues. Maybe. Or perhaps he got tired of hearing fans whine about the drawn-out mystery and decided to include the "answer" in this issue. Though I can't see that, either, I'd see Millar more ENJOYING that.

I'm just hoping the slip to quarterly instead of bi-monthly isn't a harbinger of worse things to come (looks at V1 scheduling and shudders).

And you know what else is amazing. We're getting 29 pages of story instead of 22.[/I]

OK, that helps explain the delay somewhat. Maybe the rest won't be as bad as I thought.

Aw, who am I kidding.

That is great news though. Makes the wait a little easier. But if they jack up the cover price....:evil:

UltimateE said:
But if they jack up the cover price....:evil:
I will let you know. They'll have to let the retailers know, which is done with the Shipping Update list.

But I hope to God they don't. That means the issue will be like 36 pages with ads or so.

icemastertron said:
I will let you know. They'll have to let the retailers know, which is done with the Shipping Update list.

But I hope to God they don't. That means the issue will be like 36 pages with ads or so.

Pretty sure it's too late to change the price, or they have to allow retailers to adjust orders, and that can't be done by a Dec 7th ship date.

Usually for 22 story pages you get an additional 10 pages of ads . That means the comic is 16 double-sided printed pages (4 sheets). (Though Marvel has been running quite a bit higher recently, what with the "preview" inserts in the back that give them more pages to work with.) So either Marvel will have to cut way back on the number of ads to keep the printer page count the same (29 story pages = 7 double-sided sheets, because there are always 4 pages to a printed sheet) or, to keep the same ratio of story:ad we'd get 29 story pages and 15 pages of ad, bringing the page count to 44 pages (11 double-sided sheets).

It'll be interesting to see what Marvel does - cut back the number of ads to make sheet count or increase the number of ads to keep ad revenue ratio up.

Rhyo said:
Pretty sure it's too late to change the price, or they have to allow retailers to adjust orders, and that can't be done by a Dec 7th ship date.
I think so, too. Just saying in case. :)

In case the sheet explanation isn't clear:

Imagine each one of the line below is a single sheet of paper, printed on both sides. If you wanted to print 29 story pages using the lowest number of pages, this is how you'd lay the numbered story pages out:

extra .. 1
extra .. 2

extra .. 3
29 ..... 4

28 ..... 5
27 ..... 6

26 ..... 7
25 ..... 8

24 ..... 9
23 .... 10

22 .... 11
21 .... 12

20 .... 13
19 .... 14

18 .... 15
17 .... 16

this would leave you three pages for ads (plus the inside of the covers, not included in this count).

[EDIT: wow, it's been a long time since I had to lay-out stuff for press. I got it backward the first time.]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back