Recommended TV series'

And so Dr. Strangefate finally stabbed Doc Comic, directly through the heart, while he was sleeping.

In the next issue, it was revealed that it was a Comicbot.

Standing in the rain, Dr. Strangefate raises his fists towards the heavens menacingly...

"ONE DAY I WILL DESTROY YOU, DOC COMIC!!!!"

And with his favorite stabbin' knife, he began to stalk the darkness for the true Doc Comic.

When is it going to be okay to admit how much I like Friends?

Particularly "The One With The Thanksgiving Flashbacks"

I love friends (IMO it went down hill from season 5 on but was still funny). I own all 10 seasons on dvd and season one of Joey. And I'm looking forward to this sunday when season 2 of joey comes on here

Have you seen the UK version?

Much much much better.

Uk version = Spider-man , Usa version = what the Japanese did to spider-man
or
Uk version = Godzila , Usa version = what usa did to godzila

The UK office is so totally different in style and intent that i honestly cannot compare them.

While the first season of the US office was awful, Ive loved the second and third season.

The UK office is so totally different in style and intent that i honestly cannot compare them.

Yeah that's my problem with usa office and why I used those comparisons. I tried to watch the usa office and they have IMO made it more like a typical usa sitcom only no canned laughter.

The uk office however was different to even our sitcoms. The main reason it won awards and was even voted best comedy from uk ever (i disagree with that. Best = Only fools and horses but that's neither here nor there.) It was alot more like a documentry than the usa version and that is the heart of the show.

It was done so much like a documentry over here there was reports around the time it first came out that people were actually believing it was real and that office must of been crazy :lol:

The end of the day you remove the heart of what makes it good and like said you end up with it been almost as bad as what usa did to godzila when they removed all the good things and wrecked it.

Now don't get me wrong watch the usa if you want. You enjoy it then more power to you. When ever I go to watch it I watch the uk version as it's that damn good. Be like having a choice to watch a batman film and instead of batman begins you go and watch the Turkish batman

for e.g of turkish batman if you have not seen it - http://youtube.com/watch?v=x3VW7Jlv1Zs

Here the following shows I'm watchng on a weekly basis that everyone should check out:

Heroes
The Riches
The Unit
The Shield
30 Rock

Particularly the Riches. It's so great that I wanna tear my hair out. Which is fortunate for me since I don't have any hair.

Friends is one of those things I feel I'm not American enough to get.

Frasier is much better. And Seinfeld, though the latter is probably more American in comedic psychology than Friends.

Friends is one of those things I feel I'm not American enough to get.

Frasier is much better. And Seinfeld, though the latter is probably more American in comedic psychology than Friends.

I loved frasier

Seinfeld never made me laugh

I loved frasier

Seinfeld never made me laugh
Seinfeld didn't make me laugh so much as I found it more intelligently tuned in to the neuroses culturally-specific to America. It (and Frasier) has more meaningful things to say about Americans than Friends does.

Seinfeld didn't make me laugh so much as I found it more intelligently tuned in to the neuroses culturally-specific to America. It (and Frasier) has more meaningful things to say about Americans than Friends does.

I agree with Frasier I really do.

Seinfeld just annoyed me it was basically all "What is the deal with toilet paper? do people not want their hand covered in poo?" "So the other day I was walking near the dock. what is the deal with life savers? do people not like drowning"

It made me cringe 99% of the time i have to turn off. but that is just me. Frasier on the hand was very well done and was funny at at all the times it wanted to be.

Another comedy I liked was Becker but I only started watching it like in the the last year. but still a cool comedy

Frasier is so funny. I howled in X3 when Beast started quoting Churchill and lost it. I was hoping David Hyde Pierce would be Nightcrawler and they'd throw a dinner party and it would all go horribly wrong. Because of their crippled dad. Y'know? Professor Marty? :p

Frasier is so much fun. "PEOPLE OF SEATTLE! LISTEN TO MEEEE!"

Seinfeld just annoyed me it was basically all "What is the deal with toilet paper? do people not want their hand covered in poo?" "So the other day I was walking near the dock. what is the deal with life savers? do people not like drowning"

It made me cringe 99% of the time i have to turn off. but that is just me. Frasier on the hand was very well done and was funny at at all the times it wanted to be.
Well I'd have to agree with you on that one.

I never understood why the really BIG fans of Seinfeld feel that the most quotable aspect of that show is to say, "What is the deal with...?" It's like, when Seinfeld fans express their love it's always that same damn line. I find it the most cringefully painful part of the show, and the least memorable, precisely because of the people who feel compelled to impersonate it.

Jerry's observational comedy is perceptive AND humorous, but I prefer his observations when they manifest in the 'fiction' sections of the show rather than in the stand-up.

I loved Frasier, I loved Friends, but I never enjoyed Seinfeld.

I watched it. It was funny. But I just never really enjoyed it in the way other people did...

Friends I could relate to, and same with Frasier. The characters were FAR more human.

just saw a behind the scenes / interviews to promote "Rules Of Engagement" looks pretty cool. Anyone seen it yet?

starts 7th of may in uk

cast looks pretty solid

David Spade (love this guy I find him funny in nearly everything)
Patrick Warburton (He's always funny)
Megyn Price (always thought she's cute)

• Bianca Kajlich
  • Oliver Hudson
interesting fact these two were in damsons creek at the same time I think that's pretty cool

So is it good or does it suck?

A REALLY good show that is on is "Hustle". AMC is airing Season 2 right now.

Season 1 DVD comes out Sept 5...

hustle1nc.jpg

It's a british series...and the show is actually on several seasons ahead of us in the States.

If you like con stuf like Ocean's 11, Matchstick Men, etc...then you'll love this show.

I still love this show. I can never catch it when it's on....but I'm never got to finish Season 2. So I'm finally watching it on DVD now. Season 3 comes to DVD in July.

So last night I watched the season finale of "The Riches" that was saved on my DVR.

My thoughts------huh?

Is that it? What about Cal's buffer friends? What about the daughter's boyfriend? WTF are they gonna do with an invalid senior citizen?

It was a very lackluster season finale. But FX renewed it along with Dirt....so.....

It's a great show that got a weak finale.

Special Unit 2 doesn't get enough love

Those of you with TiVo or DVR should record this on Tuesday nights on Sci FI and watch it

I haven't found a show on Sci-Fi that I can get into. I've tried Stargate, Battlestar, Painkiller Jane, Dr.Who and like 2 other shows.

And nothing.

I'll have to look up this Special Unit 2 you speak of...

Latest posts

Back