Reed/Ben maxing out their powers

Dark_Images

The only person who has yet to reach their limit is the Thing. How far do you think Reed will go before he finds his limit?

There's only so much that they can do with the Thing. They can't afford for him to rip the Baxter Building outta the ground for an experiment. They'll probably just be impressed until he falls over and says he gives up.

When has Reed maxed out? Or are you saying that he can;t?

We'll most likely find the answer to this question next issue, but I'm saying what do you think would happen to Reed if he stretched too far?

I was thinking about this alittle and I would assume he has a recoil mechanism in his body where he just snaps back to regular or he just can't go any further and is in a tremendous amount of pain... We'll see.

I wonder too how far he can stretch. Ive seen him stretch pretty far, but never anywhere was it mentined how far he can stretch. Maybe if Marvel releases an official handbook of them (even though it'll be about the 616 versions) we can find out if they mention it there. Same for Thing.

I wouldn't think The Thing would be able to max out his powers. I mean, he is the only one who can't hide his abilities and pass as human. I would imagine his limits would simply be defined by his strength/endurance/etc. just as in a normal human, although, obviously, he represents these aspects at super-human level. What would happen if he did max out?

I wonder too how far he can stretch. Ive seen him stretch pretty far, but never anywhere was it mentined how far he can stretch. Maybe if Marvel releases an official handbook of them (even though it'll be about the 616 versions) we can find out if they mention it there.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/m/mrfantastic.htm

Mister Fantastic possesses the ability to convert the mass of his entire body into a highly malleable state at will. In such a state, he can stretch, deform, expand, or compress his entire body or parts thereof into any contiguous shape he can imagine. He can extend his limbs, torso, or neck to great distances: the maximum length he can distend before his body segments become painful is about 1,500 feet. (Although he can extend discrete body parts, such as a single finger, an ear, or an eye, he seldom if ever isolates such parts in his elongations.)

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/t/thing.htm

The Thing possesses superhuman strength, enabling him to lift (press) 85 tons.

Colossus has barely been explored as a character. Hopefully since Ellis is good at bringing out character in little scenes like he did in Nightmare #1, he'll be a good candidate for raising Colossus.

Let's not turn this into a versus thread. Keep it on Reed/Ben.

The way Ben handled that machine Sue was using to test his strength, as of right now I'd say Thing may be stronger than the Hulk. Although Hulk gets stronger as he gets angrier. And did Giant-Man have physical limits to how big he could grow? Would these same limitations apply to Reed?

Millar isn't one to give a character limitations. As far as we know, the Hulk could really be as weak as Cap'n or as strong as the Thing. Millar has been notorious for changing things around... In his UXM run, he allowed Storm to use Ball Lighting, but then when she needed to conjure up some winds, she was having trouble. That's unrealistic, especially because Ball Lightning hasn't even been seen before.

Giant Man could grow to just under 60ft (I think) tall, since that is the size and weight that the human skeleton can no longer support its own body mass (in Millar science, at least). Also, The Wasp shrinks to just above 1 inch in height for similar reasons I would presume.

Im not sure what book it was but, if I remember they were testing how big he could grow. And it was about 60 ft. before danger started to happen with his body.

As for it applying to Reed, we wont know until he tries.

Thanks for the info guys! Now that I think about it, Reed and Pym have completely different biologies. Reed doesn't even have any internal organs, I'm not even sure if he has a skeleton! But there still must be a drawback...

Now that I think about it, Reed and Pym have completely different biologies. Reed doesn't even have any internal organs, I'm not even sure if he has a skeleton!

Exactly what I was going to say - the 60 feet thing is because according to Pym that's the critical point at which the body's skeleton can no longer support the body's mass. I don't believe Reed has a skeleton either, so that "rule" doesn't apply...

I think there will be a Frankiln Richards. And a Valeria Richards too. If this Reed is the same as the 616 verse, then the ult. Reed will be able to have kids.

I wonder how long 'til we could even speculate on Franklin Richards making his debut? And doesn't it seem he has almost the same abilities as Xavier's son? Oops, I'm getting off topic. Sorry.

Latest posts

Back