Ridley Scott's Prometheus

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Has anyone else been following this? It's shaping up to be my most anticipated non-Batman film of next year.

It began as Ridley Scott's Alien prequel but then it turned into something new...maybe. It's all quite confusing. My understanding at the moment is that it's set in the same universe as the Alien films and its plot is driven by some of the technology and themes we saw in the other movies but it's not intended to be an actual Alien prequel.

At this point though, I really don't care what connections it has to the other films, because it's Ridley Scott directing his first science fiction movie since Blade Runner and it has Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, Michael Fassbender and Guy Pearce and it sounds really ****ing great.

Here's the first, completely uninformative photo released from it at Comic-Con the other day:

prom_jpg_627x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

And here's a description of the footage shown, which all sounds wonderfully Giger-esque.

If it's anything like that leaked plot summary that may or may not be true, then it's going to be a pretty incredible film.

Last edited:
If Ridley Scott's Monopoly is going to be anything like this then it will be the best game to movie adaptation ever.

If it's anything like that leaked plot summary that may or may not be true, then it's going to be a pretty incredible film.
Yeah, I have read it unfortunately. I kind of hope it's true and I kind of hope it isn't. I would be a bit upset to be spoiled so early, particularly since they've done such a good job of keeping the plot under wraps. If it is true though, it sounds like it has the potential to be pretty amazing. Most of the information I've read and seen about it still supports the possibility.
If Ridley Scott's Monopoly is going to be anything like this then it will be the best game to movie adaptation ever.
Go directly out the airlock, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.

Last edited:
y'know... I'd love to see Scott do a Dead Space or BioShock movie....

After watching the advert for David; I'm curious if he'll be more like Ash, or more like Bishop?

Last edited:
I want James Cameron to make Aliens vs. Terminators.

SpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockeySpaceJockey

I'm more excited for this than anything else.

y'know... I'd love to see Scott do a Dead Space or BioShock movie....

After watching the advert for David; I'm curious if he'll be more like Ash, or more like Bishop?

It's explained, quite cleverly actually, in various interviews that David will have his own "personality". They talk about how these androids are like IPhones. They start out all the same but depending on which applications are downloaded they can all be quite different. I think he's gonna start off more innocent and then do something maybe more sinister towards the end.

The more I see some of the stuff in the trailer, the more I'm starting to side with the theory that
humans have been engineered into being the proto-xenomorphs

The more I see some of the stuff in the trailer, the more I'm starting to side with the theory that
humans have been engineered into being the proto-xenomorphs

I could see that.

Apparently Del Torro's The Mountains of Madness adaptation is done for thanks to Prometheus. He said that the movies would be far too similar including the revelations at the end. Its been probably a decade if not more since I've read The Mountains of Madness. I've got a copy in my Lovecraft collection around here somewhere but I don't know if I want to refresh myself. This is another movie like The Dark Knight Rises that I want to see as unspoiled as possible.

I could see that.

Apparently Del Torro's The Mountains of Madness adaptation is done for thanks to Prometheus. He said that the movies would be far too similar including the revelations at the end. Its been probably a decade if not more since I've read The Mountains of Madness. I've got a copy in my Lovecraft collection around here somewhere but I don't know if I want to refresh myself. This is another movie like The Dark Knight Rises that I want to see as unspoiled as possible.

Yeah, I'm done with previews and the like, just worried that they're going to spoil something big in the trailers now.

I'm really, reaally excited about this film. And it comes out next month! However, I did just watch a tv spot that may or may not have ruined the ending for the movie. Excluding that, it looks like this flick is going to live up to its R rating.

So it was pretty good. It's not a direct prequel to Alien but it is set up for a sequel to either lead to that or go its own way. That though, is also a problem with Prometheus itself. the questions that are asked feel like they are deliberately left unanswered for the potential sequel. My only other problem are when Vickers and Shaw are running away from a crashing ship. Instead of running to the side they keep on running straight as the ship is falling on their same path. Kinda dumb. Lol

Visually, it's a beautiful. The med pod scene was disturbing but it worked well. And Fassbender is superb in this

I saw this opening night and I quite liked it. Will probably make a date out of it and go see it again in 3D.

The cinematography and design was brilliant. Fassbender was superb. And I still have a huge crush on Noomi Rapace. And the pacing up through the first two acts was great. I definitely understand why Guillermo Del Toro passed on At The Mountains of Madness after reading this script.

But, while I respect Scott for trying to tell a sci-fi story that addresses existential questions, the execution was a little half baked. It didn't come close to really addressing any of the questions it asked, and the sequel bait (along with that teaser at the very end) was frustrating. The third act was sloppy, as if they realized they didn't have any conclusion to any of the questions they posited so instead they just replaced the conclusion with an extended action sequence and a succession of ending fake-outs.

Despite all that, I really liked it.

Drunken Pickle said:
My only other problem are when Vickers and Shaw are running away from a crashing ship. Instead of running to the side they keep on running straight as the ship is falling on their same path. Kinda dumb. Lol

That happens in so many movies. Run to the left you morons!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back