Robert Kirkman discusses 9-issue Ultimate X-Men run with Newsarama

Goodwill said:
Yeah, he sure is. Ice has all nine of them included in his speculation timeline! :)

Yeah, what's the deal with Singer? Can't we just get his run over and done with?

Oh, I didn't see those together. Why do they have to be released together?

ProjectX2 said:
Oh, I didn't see those together. Why do they have to be released together?
Like I said, thats just one possiblity if Marvel still wants Singer's run to begin in the summer. Because if all of Kirkman's issue are monthly, than Singer wont come on the book until October 06, which is not Summer over here. It could another combination of a bi-monthly month, but if Singer is to come on during the summer, than we're gonna have to have 2 issues in a month somewhere. And we already know it isn't during the first arc, because they said the next arc starts in April. So that means we're gonna have to have 2 issues in a month somewhere during the 2nd or 3rd arc. And that's if Singer comes on in August, which is where I assume he does, since the 3rd arc will start in June.

Damn, I really put thought in this.

icemastertron said:
Like I said, thats just one possiblity if Marvel still wants Singer's run to begin in the summer. Because if all of Kirkman's issue are monthly, than Singer wont come on the book until October 06, which is not Summer over here. It could another combination of a bi-monthly month, but if Singer is to come on during the summer, than we're gonna have to have 2 issues in a month somewhere. And we already know it isn't during the first arc, because they said the next arc starts in April. So that means we're gonna have to have 2 issues in a month somewhere during the 2nd or 3rd arc. And that's if Singer comes on in August, which is where I assume he does, since the 3rd arc will start in June.

Perhaps they're just generalizing? Does it need to be a specific month? When does Superman Returns come out?

icemastertron said:

Good thoughts, Ice.

focus on wolverine?! what?! that's revolutionary!

but focus on colossus is great, as well as iceman. though i don't really want rogue to be back. keep the team small. all i want with iceman is a goddamn oneshot exploring his relationship with his best friend WHO FREAKING DIED!

the more time goes on, the less it seems that is going to happen.

anywho... Steve Dillon on art?! Doesn't seem to fit this book. Maybe it's just me. I like Raney though! Yay!

Keep in mind that Vaughan touched on how Bobby felt about Beast dying. Briefly. I think that's all we'll get, though. If you can remember, it was where him and Rogue were skating.

yeah. "why do the good die young"

he seemed really distraught. if my best friend died? i'd be a lot more affected than just bringing him up to my girlfriend.

I've never got a lot out of reading Iceman. But using Hank's death may well give him a dimension that I've missed, they should bring it up again.

And Dillon, mmmnah, not for X-Men. And Raney? Sheesh, that guy needs to work a lot harder to get my approval.

ultimate iceman was done well early by millar. millar actually used him as a rounded character.

he was a prankster (shower scene) with a heart of gold! (helping hobos) who also showed moments of extreme heroism (fighting david/*****slapping senator/fighting ultimates). also, they showed instances of his extreme powerlevel, and touched upon the potential/usage of power theme (first appearance/fighting david/huge ice-wave)

there are many stories they can do with him.

a.) deeper show of thoughts about beast
b.) thoughts about how he was almost the first member to die
c.) his relationship with his family, which has not been touched on since he directly went against their orders
d.) his old love for ororo, which wasn't closed as much as ignored once beast got with her
e.) his playerness
f.) his "third-most-powerful" memberness on the team, and hwo that can encourage him to try and step up and be a leader.
g.) conflict with f., as he's still cocky and immature.

Latest posts

Back