Robert Kirkman posts black & white preview of Ultimate X-Men #72

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
As posted on his column, "Buy My Books" over at CBR, Robert Kirkman posted these images from Ultimate X-Men #72, due out in July:

ULTXM072004scol.jpg

ULTXM072006_col.jpg

Hey, that really looks good without coloring.

Meh, it's Raney, it's crap.

DIrishB said:
Hater.

I'm wondering if those guys aren't some form of Ultimate Hydra or AIM. We already know Hydra exists in the Ultimate universe from the UFF/UXM crossover, so maybe now we're seeing them in action (ie, getting their asses kicked).

Or quite possibly the ultimate version of the shi'ar. Notice the beak like oxygen masks.

Prof. Toad said:
Or quite possibly the ultimate version of the shi'ar. Notice the beak like oxygen masks.

Could be. I'm honestly not very familiar with 616, so I can't say for sure. But given the role of the Church of Shi'ar in the last two arcs, it would make sense. Though I'm not sure how I feel about them having their own military division if thats the case.

Victor Von Doom said:
Agreed. Don't be fooled people. You marvel now....but when they add color....you'll be disappointed.
That the colorist messed up good art. Like the colorist in NA. Bad, bad, bad colorist.

Best colorist right now is with Astonishing X-Men. Laura something.

Laura Depuy I believe. Has also done The Ultimates, Planetary, JLA, and many other books.

DIrishB said:
Could be. After all, we learned in the Prof X solo issue with Syndicate (#60 if I remember correctly) that they had regrouped. Perhaps we'll be seeing more of Syndicate soon if thats the case.
:D
Click the smiley.

EDIT:

And it was issue #58. #59-60 was the Deathstrike 2-parter. :p

Last edited:
ProjectX2 said:
Laura Depuy I believe. Has also done The Ultimates, Planetary, JLA, and many other books.

She does fantastic work.

And I agree with Vic. The coloring will ruin that.

Victor Von Doom said:
Did she do the coloring in Date Night? If not...then perhaps there's still a sliver of hope....

Without having the issue in front of me to check, I am fairly certain she hasn't done anything on UXM. She tends to work on much bigger things.

Latest posts

Back