Rocket Raccoon (Skottie Young) Spoilers

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
SKOTTIE YOUNG BLASTS OFF WITH "ROCKET RACCOON" ONGOING

Launching in July, just ahead of his big screen debut, "Rocket Raccoon" marks Young's first full time gig writing and illustrating a Marvel title, and in an interview with MTV, this is just the gig the acclaimed cartoonist has been looking for.

"I think it's going to have a connection to that nostalgic feeling for 'Looney Tunes,' that old animated flavor where everything wasn't squeaky clean, you know? Daffy Duck would get his bill blasted off with double barrel shotguns," Young told MTV of his approach to the book. "That's what I grew up watching, and being able to play around with that in this hyper-superhero intergalactic universe will be a lot of fun."

rocket-545b8.jpg

rocket-raccoon-page1-2cb28.jpg

rocket-raccoon-page2-60ea9.jpg

Re: Rocket Raccoon ongoing by Skottie Young.

Looks fun! I will definitely pick this up.

I hope this is better than the Free Comic Book Day one shot that came out. I know Skottie young didn't right that but I thought it seemed like it was supposed to be leading into the Young series.

It was not good.

I hope this is better than the Free Comic Book Day one shot that came out. I know Skottie young didn't right that but I thought it seemed like it was supposed to be leading into the Young series.

It was not good.
He didn't wrong it either, though. Guess it should've just been... left alone.

Last edited:

I liked the FCBD story. It was fun.

He didn't wrong it either, though. Guess it should've just been... left alone.

Ugh. That's embarrassing.

This was disappointing. I was really looking forward to it and it was kind of sad. It tried way to hard to be funny and quirky and just failed.

I have to say the poor state of the GotG comics is dampening my excitement for the movie a little bit.

I haven't read this yet, but you shouldn't let the comics dampen any feelings toward the movie. They're going to be two different beasts, so to speak.

E is insane. This was perfect.

I just read it and I liked it. I wouldn't say it was perfect, but it was pretty good.

It was tongue in cheek, humorous take on Rocket's life, but what I don't get is why everyone who portrays him has to portray him as a criminal.

And what's with his sudden fascination with females? That's new.

I haven't read this yet, but you shouldn't let the comics dampen any feelings toward the movie. They're going to be two different beasts, so to speak.

Of course, and I didn't mean that I don't want to see it because the comics suck. Just that it's taking away from how much I'm looking forward to it.

E is insane. This was perfect.

Your tastes in everything are too weird for this to be true.

This book reminds me of Deadpool. The way it's written they just want to have there be this sort of mythology in place about the character rather than show why he's so mythical or legendary or kewl or whatever.

Latest posts

Back