Rogues Galleries that need to be revamped

*nod* I'd even go so far as the President Luthor and Public Enemies arcs as well.

Again it all depends on what you consider winning, in DD, Mr. Fear used his drugs to make Milla murder someone. In NA, the Hood beat up Tigra (though some have cried fowl on that). Ultron once destroyed an entire African nation, etc.

Again it all depends on what you consider winning, in DD, Mr. Fear used his drugs to make Milla murder someone. In NA, the Hood beat up Tigra (though some have cried fowl on that). Ultron once destroyed an entire African nation, etc.

Yeah, honestly, the Hood/Tigra thing just rang heavily of misogyny.
But yes, your other examples were geat examples.

Something I would love to see is a superhero who has been around for years actually becoming a supervillain , I thought Iron man might at the end of civil war but he wasn't. It might be a bit risky but it makes a sympathetic villain we have seen be good for years , emotional when he fights his friends , also we would know they could match the hero or at least give a great fight as they were heroes for years.

Something I would love to see is a superhero who has been around for years actually becoming a supervillain , I thought Iron man might at the end of civil war but he wasn't. It might be a bit risky but it makes a sympathetic villain we have seen be good for years , emotional when he fights his friends , also we would know they could match the hero or at least give a great fight as they were heroes for years.

Hasn't that happned alot recently, with Scarlet Witch going crazy and WWH? I'm kinda sick of hero vs. hero battles, there are perfectly good villains going unused.

Last edited:
Hasn't that happned alot recently, with Scarlet Witch going crazy and WWH? I'm kinda sick of hero vs. hero battles, there are perfectly good villains going unused.

but wasn't a villain before anyway?

What I'm talking about is someone like Ironman , Not due to going crazy , magic or any other interference actually turns and becomes a villain. wouldn't really be hero vs hero anymore as it would be a new villain vs hero

If handled right we could get another great villain who was the same threat if not more so than doom , magneto ect.....

but wasn't a villain before anyway?

What I'm talking about is someone like Ironman , Not due to going crazy , magic or any other interference actually turns and becomes a villain. wouldn't really be hero vs hero anymore as it would be a new villain vs hero

If handled right we could get another great villain who was the same threat if not more so than doom , magneto ect.....

Eh, the problem is a million fan boys would be pised if a character who was a hero for the past 40 years suddenly became a villain. There are tons of people who pissed about stark during CW. If a hero became a villain, it would likely be unpopular and get retconned a few years later.

Besides isn't Hulk the villain of WWH?

Besides isn't Hulk the villain of WWH?

yeah but I don't see hulk as a hero or villain. I see hulk as a tweener. In his comics he can be heroic , when in other hero's he's normally on a rampage.

The Overload said:
Eh, the problem is a million fan boys would be pised if a character who was a hero for the past 40 years suddenly became a villain. There are tons of people who pissed about stark during CW. If a hero became a villain, it would likely be unpopular and get retconned a few years later

Se that is the problem , things get retconned too much and most of the time they are afraid to take a huge step any more. Best comic ever came from the 70's , the death of Gwen because they dared to diffrent and make a huge change that was also a very powerful emotional charged story.

Now we sacrifice uniqueness for "events" and story for "Hey this makes us more money fast"

The way I see it people would be mad at first if a hero turned. But when they see the possibilities they would get use to it and see the quality change. E.g I mentioned Iron man. Imagine if during Civil war Iron man had killed Captain America in front of everyone from civilian to hero.

Last edited:
yeah but I don't see hulk as a hero or villain. I see hulk as a tweener. In his comics he can be heroic , when in other hero's he's normally on a rampage.

[QUOTE-The Overload]Eh, the problem is a million fan boys would be pised if a character who was a hero for the past 40 years suddenly became a villain. There are tons of people who pissed about stark during CW. If a hero became a villain, it would likely be unpopular and get retconned a few years later

Se that is the problem , things get retconned too much and most of the time they are afraid to take a huge step any more. Best comic ever came from the 70's , the death of Gwen because they dared to diffrent and make a huge change that was also a very powerful emotional charged story.

Now we sacrifice uniqueness for "events" and story for "Hey this makes us more money fast"

The way I see it people would be mad at first if a hero turned. But when they see the possibilities they would get use to it and see the quality change. E.g I mentioned Iron man. Imagine if during Civil war Iron man had killed Captain America in front of everyone from civilian to hero.[/QUOTE]

well comics is a business, first and foremost.

Problem with what you describe is, it would seem widely out of character for a hero to become a villain. How does one go fromm 30 years of do gooding to being a villain? Why would Stark have killed Cap? what purpsoe would that have served? There is a very big possiblity that it seem forced and done to be shocking, more than anything else.

There is another possibility, people would hate it and would contiue to hate it. heck hal Jorsdan's villainious deeds were retconned 12 years later, I don't see the point, especially when there are many villains doing nothing at this point.

Problem with what you describe is, it would seem widely out of character for a hero to become a villain. How does one go fromm 30 years of do gooding to being a villain? Why would Stark have killed Cap? what purpsoe would that have served? There is a very big possiblity that it seem forced and done to be shocking, more than anything else.

Well something like that would be have been the perfect time to do it. Why would Stark have killed Cap? they were in a war and fighting each other it is perfectly reasonable to think one of them would have gone too far. I used captain america as he died later anyway and it would have served as the perfect start for a downward spiral for Tony.

I'll agree to disagree on this though as I think it would be amazing if done right. BUT yes there are a lot of villains in use of revamps

Aren't they effected someone / alternate versions or something else? Not just a case of they turned on their own

Perhaps, but that's besides thepoint, heroes becomming villains are almost universally unpopular. If Stark had killed Cap in CW, fan boys would have screamed blue murder. Since CW isn't a conventional war, Tony can't use the excuse that battle field conditions as a reason to allow him to kill Cap, it wasn't a kill or be killed situation. Besides Tony had a million non lethal ways to take out Cap and Stark killing Cap would have forced and very OCC.

Perhaps, but that's besides thepoint, heroes becomming villains are almost universally unpopular. If Stark had killed Cap in CW, fan boys would have screamed blue murder. Since CW isn't a conventional war, Tony can't use the excuse that battle field conditions as a reason to allow him to kill Cap, it wasn't a kill or be killed situation. Besides Tony had a million non lethal ways to take out Cap and Stark killing Cap would have forced and very OCC.

Yeah you are right but they can just ignore them and keep going. I am what people might call a "Venom Fanboy" and I'm not the only one out there but they have kept that horrible Scopion-Venom which I know a lot of Venom fans hated. Why not this?

As for the civil war killing. Here is how I see it could have gone. That big fight with all heroes vs heroes Tony gets caught up in it and beats Cap up too much or knocks him on to something that sticks through his chest impaling and killing him.

To Tony he would be justified as it was for the cause and also he just lost his head in the battle it's natural he is human. To every other hero he is the guy that killed an icon. To villains he is one of them now.

Slowly he starts drinking again maybe even takes drugs. Slowly he realises what he did was wrong but that time it is too late. He has since beat Spider-man , the avengers , punisher and more and is wanted by the police for murder.

Eventually he is a desperate man with no where to go. It's not OOC just a new character development hell he ****ed up Spider-man's life and pretty much said he knew it would but he was going to anyway making him unmask on tv.

And like they say desperate men do desperate things. He has lost it all , his friends , his reputation , his money. He starts to think "ok maybe I'll rob this bank , hell the amount of times I've saved the city i think they owe me"

and eventually you have it. A villain created with the longest back story ever.

but like I said you don't agree which is cool so I agree to disagree on this one

Latest posts

Back