Russian and Chinese Super Soldier Teams

The Overlord

I heard some where that there would be Russian and Chinese Super Soldier Teams along with the American and EU ones already introduced, who do you think the membership of these teams would be.

I am not sure about the Chinese Team, but I hope the Russian Team includes Omega Red (Captain America counter), Abomination (Hulk counter) and Titanium Man (Iron Man counter).

I wonder if they might even have too make some new characters too do a Chinese team. Offhand I can't think of any Chinese or Chinese based characters too use.

I would love too see Omega Red show up, I've just always had a liking for him.

There's a few around. One popped up in the Austen arc in X-men and the Xorns are chinese. Plus there were two that hung around in Alpha Flight years and years ago before noticing they weren't in China and heading back.

Entropy said:
I wonder if they might even have too make some new characters too do a Chinese team. Offhand I can't think of any Chinese or Chinese based characters too use.

I would love too see Omega Red show up, I've just always had a liking for him.

The only Chinese characters I can think of are the Mandarin (Iron Man villain, now dead in 616 MU) and the Radioactive Man (old Thor villain, now a member of the Thunderbolts in 616 MU). Both of those characters are pretty goofy and I wonder if they could ever work in the Ulitmate Universe.

And Sunfire is Japanese, right?

Why don't they make like, Assembly Line Man

or Captain Communist

(P.S. I am just joking, and I have no problem with Commies... It is a good philosophy)

The Overlord said:
The only Chinese characters I can think of are the Mandarin (Iron Man villain, now dead in 616 MU) and the Radioactive Man (old Thor villain, now a member of the Thunderbolts in 616 MU). Both of those characters are pretty goofy and I wonder if they could ever work in the Ulitmate Universe.

Oh yeah, I remember Radioactive Man, he was one of the Masters of Evil from back in the day. Immune too Mjonlir right? I forgot about Mandarin (stupid me ;)).

I bet you could make them work. Mandarin is a chinese business rival of Tony Stark who developed his own technology too rival Iron Mans in the form of his rings (we could write off some of the functioning with Mandarin finding partial alien tech, perhaps a tie-in of the Chitauri in WW2 or another race). Rearrange some of his rings powers, write off some more realistic use and he should work.

Radioactive Man would be a tuffy. Possibly he's the result of the Chinese trying to create their own Captain America. Cliched but it works. Or maybe he's a mutant, cliched as well. How about this, he was developed as a form of nuclear deterrent after Chernobyl that could clean up reactor accidents or nuclear tests. That could be interesting. Still, he would be difficult too write in the Ultimates tone.

Entropy said:
Oh yeah, I remember Radioactive Man, he was one of the Masters of Evil from back in the day. Immune too Mjonlir right? I forgot about Mandarin (stupid me ;)).

I bet you could make them work. Mandarin is a chinese business rival of Tony Stark who developed his own technology too rival Iron Mans in the form of his rings (we could write off some of the functioning with Mandarin finding partial alien tech, perhaps a tie-in of the Chitauri in WW2 or another race). Rearrange some of his rings powers, write off some more realistic use and he should work.

Radioactive Man would be a tuffy. Possibly he's the result of the Chinese trying to create their own Captain America. Cliched but it works. Or maybe he's a mutant, cliched as well. How about this, he was developed as a form of nuclear deterrent after Chernobyl that could clean up reactor accidents or nuclear tests. That could be interesting. Still, he would be difficult too write in the Ultimates tone.

All I know is they have to change Radioactive Man's name or people will think of the Simpsons character when they hear his name. :D

Hmm...I would do it half and half.

Ultimise that "Jade Dragon" (if that was his name) from Alpha Flight, Mandarin, and the "Radioactive Man" fellow - following the suggestions above, and then make another nine "captains" - (uhh, I suddenly can't remember how many provinces China has, so one for each province, and maybe one for Tibet and one for Taiwan, because that's exactly how the Chinese government would think - well guys, you might be "splittist" and "treasonous" but we made you a "captain" anyway, so when you come to your senses and behave, your super hero is ready to go!).

I must say, I kinda like the more anonymous "captains" - it rather suits the Ultimate Universe.

Gavin

Well, Millar has said that these characters, in his mind, were merely the blue prints to something significantly larger in the scheme of things. He imagined that, come post-Ultimates Vol. 2, all of the nations will have super powered militaries, not just small factions, but entire armies of these super heroes... It would be interesting to see something like that.

marvelman said:
(P.S. I am just joking, and I have no problem with Commies... It is a good philosophy)

I do.The gist of communism is that instead of poor people and rich people,everybody's poor.

Latest posts

Back