Saturday Morning Awesomeness Appreciation Thread

Victor Von Doom said:
Gotta keep busy......idle hands and all.

Yup. They spend time at the genitals.

Victor Von Doom said:
Well...you can't lead a flight or a nation if you're soft.

But a FLEECE PULLOVER? C'mon man. I like fleeces, but Doom don't wear 'em no how.

Though, I suppose a raving mad megalomaniac can wear whatever he wants, but still...

Bass said:
pict00134kl.jpg

I would guess, purely by speculation, that this is the last thing many people see before they die.

Dr.Strangefate said:

I would guess, purely by speculation, that this is the last thing many people see before they die.
Isn't that only if your about to be sent to hell?

Bass said:
Yup. They spend time at the genitals.

Not when I got yor moms around yo!!!

snap1ak.png

Bass said:
But a FLEECE PULLOVER? C'mon man. I like fleeces, but Doom don't wear 'em no how.

It gets cold in the midwest.....and besides......my cape/cowl with the fur lining is in the cleaners.

Dr.Strangefate said:

Those pour souls.... :(

Victor Von Doom said:
You got your "bangs" cut?????

Meaning the hair in the front was getting in my eyes all the time, and I had to push it away fifty times a day.

As for the long hair, I don't know. I used to have to get a haircut every other month, and when they'd cut it, it would be so short and it made me look pretty stupid. Now my hair looks like Harry Potter's in the fourth film.

Which isn't that good of a thing either. :?

Teachers at school say I look like one of the Beatles from back in the day.

Man, I wish I had the same drive you do, Vic.

I'm up late and up early all week, so Saturday is my day to sleep in...until 8 AM when a screaming baby and a 3 year old jumping on the bed wake me up. I check on things online and try to get them lunch at a reasonable hour. Then it's nap time for them, and I try to get donne whatever I can, which isn't much.

I can't sleep in. Which means I wake up from anywhere between 6-8 am, have breakfast, shower etc.

Then the day is basically a waste of time playing golf, posting on UC, and doing stuff that I can't remember by the next day.

ultimatedjf said:
Meaning the hair in the front was getting in my eyes all the time, and I had to push it away fifty times a day.

Yeah....I know what bangs are. My niece has them. :roll:

As far as drive goes....its just conditioning. After a while...your body just gets used to it. I've been waking up at the buttcrack of dawn for so long that sleeping in for me means I'm up by 7:00-8:00am.

Ahhh... Saturday morning... Get off work about 6am. Home by 6:15. Post the weekly comic shipping thread, then go to bed and stare at my ceiling because its friggin impossible to fal asleep as the sun rises. Yep.

My Saturday mornings are very similar to Doom's actually

I'm usually up by seven, and instead of the run, since I can never bring myself to do an actual run, I walk around a lake near my house, about 3miles. I take my time and enjoy the quietness of it all.

It really is nice.

Then, I grab a hot chocolate and a donut, completely negating the fact I took the walk in the first place, and sit on a park bench to eat them. Going back to my house, I shower, change, and then go about my day.

Now, if my girlfriend sleeps over, then that's another story.

I usually don't get up till 11am-ish. I do the weekly grocery shopping, and shopping in general. My weekends don't really start until Saturday evening, when I attend the weekly munch (it's a get together with likeminded individuals), maybe catch a movie, dinner, maybe some World of Warcraft with the gf until the *** crack of dawn.

Last edited:
Ultimate Houde said:
Then, I grab a hot chocolate and a donut, completely negating the fact I took the walk in the first place, and sit on a park bench to eat them.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

So here's why Saturday morning is the most awesome day...next to Wednesday of course....

Every Saturday morning I'm up by 6:00am and out the door for my 3-5 mile by 6:10. It's so quite Saturday morning because most people have worked all week and this is their chance to sleep in. The roads are clear...and here in the midwest its always pretty sunny this time in the morning. I run and clear my head of all the stress and stuff that's been bugging me all week. Depending on sluggish I feel that day I'm in the house by 7:00am (I stretch and do the standard calestetics and push-up/sit-ups while out there as well).

I shower and throw on a comfortable pair of jeans/t-shirt and fleece pullover. I grab a few comics and head to breakfast (IHOP, Dennys, Bob Evans, etc). I can eat my sweet-*** pancake breakfast in peace while sipping on coffee or coke and reading my comics. I then eat my food in silence and then head to the bookstore.

At the bookstore I grab several TPBs, magazines, etc....and pull uyp a chair in the coffee bar and read them in silence. Again...this is just me doing all this. No wife, no friends, just "me" time. Nobody bothers me (it could be because I tend to scowl a lot ....even when I'm happy).

At about 10:15am, I grab my stuff and head to my barber. I get a cut once a week. There is nothing like a fresh haircut. It feels great. You guys know what I'm talking about. When the clippers go across the top of your head and you know you're getting the haircut you want and you know it'll turn out good......it gives me goosebumps. :D

After the haircut (normally done by 11:00am) I head home and shower again (getting all the loose hair off). The day is mine to do whatever else I want to do.... :D

God I love Saturdays.......

Anybody else got any rituals, routines, etc???
For some reason I found this highly arousing.

For some reason I found this highly arousing.

You are a strange little man.

I wish I still had this motivation.

Nowadays I just wake up and take The Captain out and come back in to get on the internet. I'll shave my head with clippers to keep a low buzz cut (its the only style that makes me look like I still have hair).

I'll go back out and run about 2 miles and then come in and shower. Then I just sit around watching a bunch of Bruce Timm stuff.

Breakfast consists of a bowl of Cinnamon Life or Special K.

So I guess that still qualifies as arousing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back