Saturday Morning Awesomeness Appreciation Thread

Resolution:

To reclaim the awesomeness of Saturday morning!

Between the toaster oven/toaster combo from Bacon-N-Eggs Betty....and the electric griddle my dad bought me......I'm taking back Saturday morning breakfast!

137317.jpg

ElectricGrillsBlackerDeckerGR100Griddle.jpg

Couple that along with my resolution to workout more....and I'm on my way!

Only wish I could do something about the hair thing though. :(

So here's why Saturday morning is the most awesome day...next to Wednesday of course....

Every Saturday morning I'm up by 6:00am and out the door for my 3-5 mile by 6:10. It's so quite Saturday morning because most people have worked all week and this is their chance to sleep in. The roads are clear...and here in the midwest its always pretty sunny this time in the morning. I run and clear my head of all the stress and stuff that's been bugging me all week. Depending on sluggish I feel that day I'm in the house by 7:00am (I stretch and do the standard calestetics and push-up/sit-ups while out there as well).

I shower and throw on a comfortable pair of jeans/t-shirt and fleece pullover. I grab a few comics and head to breakfast (IHOP, Dennys, Bob Evans, etc). I can eat my sweet-*** pancake breakfast in peace while sipping on coffee or coke and reading my comics. I then eat my food in silence and then head to the bookstore.

At the bookstore I grab several TPBs, magazines, etc....and pull uyp a chair in the coffee bar and read them in silence. Again...this is just me doing all this. No wife, no friends, just "me" time. Nobody bothers me (it could be because I tend to scowl a lot ....even when I'm happy).

At about 10:15am, I grab my stuff and head to my barber. I get a cut once a week. There is nothing like a fresh haircut. It feels great. You guys know what I'm talking about. When the clippers go across the top of your head and you know you're getting the haircut you want and you know it'll turn out good......it gives me goosebumps. :D

After the haircut (normally done by 11:00am) I head home and shower again (getting all the loose hair off). The day is mine to do whatever else I want to do.... :D

God I love Saturdays.......

Anybody else got any rituals, routines, etc???

Without sounding weird or anything, this is the life I want to have. A well-planned out, constructive routine in order to get the most out of the day.

Usually, I'm out all night Friday, enduring the weekly teenage-melodramatic-trivialities with my peers. I come home at all hours and watch something stupid in bed that doesn't require any brain-power. I slip off to sleep and usually don't wake up the next day until about 8 or 9, when I get up, eat a crap breakfast and mope around on the internet until noon. I might try to get some studying done after that.

Breakfast was Vanilla Kahlua pancakes, scrambled cheese eggs, sausage links, and a cinnamon raisin bagel along with 2 glasses of OJ.

It was insanely awesome! I'm freaking out!

I am using my time here to get in much better shape (office work has made me soft :sick: ). I am already back in the shape I was when I first started this thread.....but I want to be better.

Age and a rough military career early on has started to set in and I fear that if I just let it go by the time I'm 40-45 I'll become more like Madden than I will Farve.

So with that said, I'm taking these next few months to really cut up and shoot for that 6-pack again. There's not much to do here except watch TV and workout so I'm really gonna buckle down and hit the gym hard.

For the past few years, my life has been hectic and unpredictable and just overall out of control. I, much like a dog, am a creature of habit. So you can see how craziness just doesn't sit well with me. So when I get back....I'm seriously reclaiming my old Saturday morning routine (except for the haircut thing that is sadly no longer an option for me anymore).

These past 2 years have been a big eye-opener as to how my life is going. With the financial woes and death of my father in 2008...to the birth of my son (who will be gone to God knows were with his mother by the time I return back to the states) at the beginning of this year...to baby momma drama and whirlwind romance with my wife over the summer...and now pending divorce----I see now that I have been flying blind and rudderless and need to get my bearing.

This deployment and time to myself has given me some clarity.

I WILL reclaim control and my reward will be the reclaiming of my Saturday morning routine!

Latest posts

Back