SCARINESS! The Phobias Thread!

Zombies.

Crazy hillbillies.

Fingernail/toenail removal.

Those old ladies with red hats.

Last edited:
Really really dry biscuits and slugs. Both of those are my biggest fears :oops:

well, you see....

you sunava*****! whales are just scary. they could eat me with one chew.

What about Sharks... What if a Megalodon still existed??

it would look something like this...

2.jpg

untitled-2.jpg

Megalodon_diver.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megalodon

Last edited:
What about Sharks... What if a Megalodon still existed??

it would look something like this...

2.jpg

That poor Megalodon doesn't realise that the surfer is Shark-Knifer!

Also that shark's mouth is so big he could swallow you whole and thus, you could survive. No wonder they're extinct.

Also, I'm amazed at this thread.

Honest, hand to my heart, I started a thread thinking "I can't believe there are 0 posts and the date is 7-7-7". Then I realised that there was no point to the thread and no potential for discussion, so I just went ahead and said, "Um - yeah! The phobias thread!" as a way of saying, "Yeah - I dunno why I did this either".

Guys - I think there is an actual phobias thread lurking around somewhere.

I love you guys. :D

Let the topic continue!

Last edited:

Also that shark's mouth is so big he could swallow you whole and thus, you could survive. No wonder they're extinct.

actually they mainly ate whales and other large prehistoric sea life. There were lots of species of Sharks that went extincted. Some that didn't need to be in salt water. There was a kind that lived in swamps. That moved really fast. It would drag you under before you even knew what happened, it was the Orthacanthus.

It lived about 260 million years ago, Orthacanthus was the terror of freshwater swamps and bayous in Europe and North America. Its eel-like body reached nearly 10 feet in length and its powerful jaws were lined with double-fanged teeth. Here it is about to make a meal of a small "horned" amphibian. Orthacanthus belongs to a group of very successful sharks that lived mainly in fresh waters. They first appeared almost 400 million years ago, and became extinct just before the "Age of the Dinosaurs," about 225 million years ago.

gal_image3_zoom.jpg

I'm sort of closta-whatever the spelling is. Like Storm, but it has to be really really tight spaces. Not like her walking into a 4 x4 room and having a heart-attack.

And hate heights, too.

actually they mainly ate whales and other large prehistoric sea life. There were lots of species of Sharks that went extincted. Some that didn't need to be in salt water. There was a kind that lived in swamps. That moved really fast. It would drag you under before you even knew what happened, it was the Orthacanthus.

It lived about 260 million years ago, Orthacanthus was the terror of freshwater swamps and bayous in Europe and North America. Its eel-like body reached nearly 10 feet in length and its powerful jaws were lined with double-fanged teeth. Here it is about to make a meal of a small "horned" amphibian. Orthacanthus belongs to a group of very successful sharks that lived mainly in fresh waters. They first appeared almost 400 million years ago, and became extinct just before the "Age of the Dinosaurs," about 225 million years ago.

gal_image3_zoom.jpg

I could take it.

I fear me some spiders. And I don't even know why. I mean, I like Spider-Man well enough . . . .

Although, that four-armed incarnation of him was a little creepy.

I'm actually the same way. I like Spider-man I liked Man-Spider , I like venom. Yet in real life if I see a spider I have to kill it. It hate them , creepy little bastards

So...Jonah wasn't swallowed by a whale?

gal_image3_zoom.jpg
Why were animals so big!?

For the longest time I thought that those giant, prehistoric bugs were just made-up, until I saw a thing on the Discovery Channel a few months ago and they were talking about mosquitos with five-foot wingspans and 10 foot long centipedes.

EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Why were animals so big!?

For the longest time I thought that those giant, prehistoric bugs were just made-up, until I saw a thing on the Discovery Channel a few months ago and they were talking about mosquitos with five-foot wingspans and 10 foot long centipedes.

EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

That's actually an excellent question. I'm curious as to why this was. I mean, sure, we have the blue whale still (Which was still pretty large even for back then) and the elephant (Which doesn't hold a candle to the land dinosaurs), but it really doesn't make sense.

That's actually an excellent question. I'm curious as to why this was. I mean, sure, we have the blue whale still (Which was still pretty large even for back then) and the elephant (Which doesn't hold a candle to the land dinosaurs), but it really doesn't make sense.

Less food in the Ice Age? The dinosaurs couldn't adapt to other ecological changes like flowering plants and it messed up the food chain so big went out of style?

Less food in the Ice Age? The dinosaurs couldn't adapt to other ecological changes like flowering plants and it messed up the food chain so big went out of style?

Why were they so big, not why'd they die out. The Ice Age was definitely the cause of death, to be sure, but. . .why were they that big in the first place? And, could we see a re-emergence of such large animals in the (distant) future?

Last edited:
Why were they so big, not why'd they die out. The Ice Age was definitely the cause of death, to be sure, but. . .why were they that big in the first place? And, could we see a re-emergence of such large animals in the (distant) future?

*...*

I will not post a picture of Rosie O' Donnell. I will not post a picture of Rosie O'Donnell. I will not post a picture of Rosie O'Donnell.

This bug question has suddenly gotten me really interested in giant bugs.

According to Wikipedia:

WikiQuikySuperSticky said:
This gigantism may have been due to higher atmospheric oxygen levels that allowed increased respiratory efficiency relative to today. The lack of flying vertebrates could have been another factor.

Apparently, the largest insects to have ever lived were prehistoric dragonflies with three foot wingspans.

There's a beetle that weighs four and a half pounds and their are reports from Africa of spiders that are the size of small dogs.

And then they'res the 14 inch centipede.

That eats bats.

Ew.

Interesting about the higher oxygen levels. I'd assume that'd apply to all large creatures.

Latest posts

Back