Selling Comics Questions

Mclintoc

I am interested in selling my Amazing Spider-Man #252 (first black costume in Amazing SM) and #300 (first Venom) when the new movie comes out. These are stored away, but I suspect they are both in good to very good condition. I also have the Secret Wars issue, but I don't think I want to get rid of this--it would break the continuity.

I've never sold any comics before and so I would like some advice from experienced sellers. I am only interested in selling if I can fetch a very high price.

1. I'm guessing I would fetch the best price by selling these right after the movie comes out. Would you agree?

2. I'm also guessing that I am less likely to get the highest price on ebay. Am I right? Would I be better off trying to sell to a comic shop or at some other venue?

3. What price do you think I could get? I don't think I could let go of them for under $100 each. Do you think this is too much to ask?

Thank you in advance for your advice

2. I'm also guessing that I am less likely to get the highest price on ebay. Am I right? Would I be better off trying to sell to a comic shop or at some other venue?

Not necessarily, and in fact, probably not. Many times people turn to eBay for bargains. There are exceptions for hot items, and whether or not those will be hot when the movie comes out is hard to say at this point.

3. What price do you think I could get? I don't think I could let go of them for under $100 each. Do you think this is too much to ask?

Have you checked Wizard to see how much they are worth?

Just to let you know Mclintoc, #252 is worth $38, and #300 is worth $140 according to Wizard.

Latest posts

Back