Serenity (Firefly) movie (spoilers!)

Bet you money it won't happen.

Whedon's got Ripper on his plate now, not to mention the Buffy, Angel, and Firefly comics...

But who knows, we'll see...

I doubt we'll see Serenity 2 this decade. (But I wannit.)

Well, there's only slightly over two years left to this decade, so that might not be saying much. Hell, if they could get Universal to greenlight a script that Whedon and company put together after his current projects, shoot, edit, etc, I could see this out around summer 2010.

;)

Seriously, though, I'd love to see this. I guess its just a case of the studio taking enough interest to greenlight it. I know Whedon loves the universe and characters, as well as the actors, and this would give him the chance to work with them again. I'm sure the actors would be up for it as well. I wouldn't say this is unlikely at all. I've got my fingers crossed that this could happen in the next few years.

Last edited:
Well, there's only slightly over two years left to this decade, so that might not be saying much. Hell, if they could get Universal to greenlight a script that Whedon and company put together after his current projects, shoot, edit, etc, I could see this out around summer 2010.

;)

Seriously, though, I'd love to see this. I guess its just a case of the studio taking enough interest to greenlight it. I know Whedon loves the universe and characters, as well as the actors, and this would give him the chance to work with them again. I'm sure the actors would be up for it as well. I wouldn't say this is unlikely at all. I've got my fingers crossed that this could happen in the next few years.

I too would love to see Firefly return even if it just another Serenity movie.

However I would rather he concentrated on the Buffy/angel universe first which he is kind of doing with ripper.

Because Firefly started as a TV show. Though given this thread is titled "Serenity (Firefly) movie...", it probably should be in the movie thread. Eh, it works either way I guess.

Yeah good point.

The actors are doing other thinsg now. It might be very hard to get them all back, particularly the ones on different series.

Who's doing what? I know Nathan Fillion has done a few movies and the occasional TV appearace (including his short-lived Drive series), Alan Tudyk has done a few movies (though whether he'd be in it is debatable), Summer Glau is doing the Terminator show (which won't last more than a few months, guaranteed), etc. I'm not sure what Adam Baldwin and the rest of the actors are doing, but I don't think it'd be too difficult to bring them back. Especially if another movie is made. After all, it isn't like any of them are big, A-list movie stars.

Baldwin is a main character on NBC's Chuck.

Still, I don't know if that show will last long. Even if the shows some of the Firefly/Serenity actors are working on now do well and stay on the air, there's always spring/summer breaks from network TV shows. This would allow them to work over that spring or summer on a possible Serenity sequel, then allow its effects and editing to be done, just in time for a summer or fall release of the following year.

I don't know why I'm scheduling out the shooting for a movie that probalby won't even happen, I guess I'm just excited at the possibility.

Still, I don't know if that show will last long. Even if the shows some of the Firefly/Serenity actors are working on now do well and stay on the air, there's always spring/summer breaks from network TV shows. This would allow them to work over that spring or summer on a possible Serenity sequel, then allow its effects and editing to be done, just in time for a summer or fall release of the following year.

I don't know why I'm scheduling out the shooting for a movie that probalby won't even happen, I guess I'm just excited at the possibility.

Perfect example: Zachary Quinto is doing both Heroes and Star Trek this year.

Perfect example: Zachary Quinto is doing both Heroes and Star Trek this year.

Exactly. Coordinating the multiple actors' schedules for a Serenity 2 can make it a bit more difficult, sure, but I think the actors from the show/movie really enjoyed the experience (I always hear them and Joss saying just that) and would be likely to come back. Like I said, getting the actors interested isn't the biggest hurdle this movie will face, its getting the studio interested enough to actually put up the money (and not say that they might do so due to better than expected sales on a DVD).

Latest posts

Back